Trey Gowdy for President!

snake284snake284 Senior MemberPosts: 21,802 Senior Member
The more I listen to him the more I love him. He's on Fox now talking about Sanctuary Cities. He gave the definition of sanctuary, and then asked, "Sanctuary for who? A young girl out for a walk with her father? Oh Man! This guy isn't politically correct, he doesn't mence words, and you can tell he hates all this liberal goofy crap. If he would run I'd run to the polls to vote for him. I know I would get exactly what I expected, no BS surprises.

What y'all think?
Daddy, what's an enabler?
Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.

Replies

  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,102 Senior Member
    He's too far right to have a chance. And he doesn't pander.

    I like his politics, surely. His politics just won't get him a nomination or election .
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • Gator MonroeGator Monroe Banned Posts: 655 Senior Member
    VP material for sure (In THIS election cycle)
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,802 Senior Member
    VP material for sure (In THIS election cycle)

    Yeah I agree with you both. That was just wishful thinking. But he would be a great president and he would fix this country.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,350 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »
    Yeah I agree with you both. That was just wishful thinking. But he would be a great president and he would fix this country.


    No. No he wouldn't. One man cannot ruin this country, despite all our histrionics to the contrary...neither can one man 'fix' this country. You have to change the hearts and minds of the country's inhabitants to do that. Half the country hates the man because he's *____* (insert character trait here), the other half only like him because they want him to continue bitching at the first group mentioned. Status quo.

    Politics feels 'angrier' to me than it used to. I do remember the hate directed toward past presidents and their respective parties, but it just 'feels' different to me now.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,258 Senior Member
    I'd love to see Gowdy as Attorney General. He was a very successful prosecutor in a former life. He would go through some of the corrupt alphabet soup federal LEO agencies like a chainsaw through soft butter!
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • 104RFAST104RFAST Senior Member Posts: 1,262 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    I'd love to see Gowdy as Attorney General. He was a very successful prosecutor in a former life. He would go through some of the corrupt alphabet soup federal LEO agencies like a chainsaw through soft butter!
    Jerry

    No doubt about it,as AG Gowdy would shake things up
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 7,004 Senior Member
    He was a no nonsense DA!!
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,551 Senior Member
    He's gonna have to get that hair-do trained before he can run for president. He looks like a drowned rat one day and 1950's hoodlum the next. :jester:

    I like his politics, as far as I know about them, but I need to see what he actually accomplishes with his Benghazi hearings.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,802 Senior Member
    This thread was just to test the waters. It's far too late for him to jump in anyway. He'd have to probably raise a bunch of money, and with his No BS attitude he'd probably have to work on his personality to get votes. But I still would love a president as honest as he is. The way I see it, he's successful politically not because of BS, but because of results. He would be what some of us would refer to a Statesman rather than a politician.

    I agree with Teach, he would be an excellent AG. Maybe he will get his chance. Now I wish they'd put him in charge of researching "Fast and Furious."

    Also, don't you know he's causing Hillary more than a few sleepless nights?
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,102 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    I'd love to see Gowdy as Attorney General. He was a very successful prosecutor in a former life. He would go through some of the corrupt alphabet soup federal LEO agencies like a chainsaw through soft butter!
    Jerry

    I second this.
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • Gator MonroeGator Monroe Banned Posts: 655 Senior Member
    Cruz as Sec of State and Gowdy as AG ... With Issa as Gowdy's right hand man (I'm seeing it )
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,258 Senior Member
    All the professional butt-kissers who have been working their way up through the bureaucracy of the FBI, DEA, Border Patrol, Homeland Security, and a few other JBT's would get a terminal case of diarrhea if Gowdy suddenly became their boss!
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,802 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    All the professional butt-kissers who have been working their way up through the bureaucracy of the FBI, DEA, Border Patrol, Homeland Security, and a few other JBT's would get a terminal case of diarrhea if Gowdy suddenly became their boss!
    Jerry

    And that's just one reason I would recommend him. I don't think the man can stand a suck ass.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,802 Senior Member
    Cruz as Sec of State and Gowdy as AG ... With Issa as Gowdy's right hand man (I'm seeing it )

    Now you're makin sense Gator. I like that idea, That's three good no BS ones there.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,802 Senior Member
    bisley wrote: »
    He's gonna have to get that hair-do trained before he can run for president. He looks like a drowned rat one day and 1950's hoodlum the next. :jester:

    I like his politics, as far as I know about them, but I need to see what he actually accomplishes with his Benghazi hearings.

    I think his hair stands up like that when he's pissed off, and he stay's pissed off at all these butt kissing Commie lying jerks.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,663 Senior Member
    Big Al1 wrote: »
    He was a no nonsense DA!!

    A few days ago, I was watching a rerun of Forensic Files, and he was the DA on the case. I almost choked on my beer
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,980 Senior Member
    bullsi1911 wrote: »
    A few days ago, I was watching a rerun of Forensic Files, and he was the DA on the case. I almost choked on my beer

    I saw him on there a few months ago and said hey he went to DC............................
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,802 Senior Member
    coolgunguy wrote: »
    No. No he wouldn't. One man cannot ruin this country, despite all our histrionics to the contrary...neither can one man 'fix' this country. You have to change the hearts and minds of the country's inhabitants to do that. Half the country hates the man because he's *____* (insert character trait here), the other half only like him because they want him to continue bitching at the first group mentioned. Status quo.

    Politics feels 'angrier' to me than it used to. I do remember the hate directed toward past presidents and their respective parties, but it just 'feels' different to me now.

    Let me rephrase that. He would improve this country's situation. Maybe if we'd do away with presidential term limits and let him be president for the rest of his life he might come close to fixing it. But that ain't happening.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 6,478 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »
    Let me rephrase that. He would improve this country's situation. Maybe if we'd do away with presidential term limits and let him be president for the rest of his life he might come close to fixing it. But that ain't happening.

    Have you lost your mind? Doing away with presidential term limits is insane!

    In my humble opinion, one of the main reasons this country is in the mess it's in is because we DON'T have term limits on congress and judges. Instead, we have career politicians who become desensitized to what's happening in the lives of ordinary people and start believing all of their campaign propaganda.
    Jerry

    Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 25,762 Senior Member
    JerryBobCo wrote: »
    Have you lost your mind? Doing away with presidential term limits is insane!

    In my humble opinion, one of the main reasons this country is in the mess it's in is because we DON'T have term limits on congress and judges. Instead, we have career politicians who become desensitized to what's happening in the lives of ordinary people and start believing all of their campaign propaganda.

    Jerry, you said a mouthful of truth there! Absolutely need term limits on the Congresscritters, too!
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.


  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,258 Senior Member
    Khadaffi and Mussolini got term-limited, permanently!
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,350 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »
    Let me rephrase that. He would improve this country's situation. Maybe if we'd do away with presidential term limits and let him be president for the rest of his life he might come close to fixing it. But that ain't happening.


    Hell, why not just make him King? Oh, wait...never mind, that would be stupid.

    We rail on and on about limiting powers, until somebody comes along that we kinda/sorta mostly agree with...then we offer to throw caution to the wind. I believe the reason Washington shunned the prospect of monarchy so forcefully wasn't just because he felt the concept to be 'wrong', it was because he understood human nature. When we know ourselves to be correct, we want to make sure others follow and adhere to that 'correctness'. It's for a good cause, after all...

    Now, I understand that you weren't actually saying that Gowdy should be elected for life, I'm just pointing out that the adage about watching both friends and enemies rings true.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
Sign In or Register to comment.
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Guns & Ammo stories delivered right to your inbox every week.