I was interested before, but now I'm done with Trump!

2»

Replies

• N320AWN320AW Senior Member Posts: 648 Senior Member
    DoctorWho wrote: »
    My Dad passed away in 1997, he knew what Trump was like, even what he would turn into, I simply remember what my Dad told me about Trump.

10-4
  • Gator MonroeGator Monroe Banned Posts: 655 Senior Member
    If the GOP Primaries are winding down and The Donald has finished no worse than 4th with numerous 1st & seconds and he is THE ONLY candidate fixated on the "Build The Wall" "Really Secure the Southern Border" and "Deport Criminal Illegals" and Bill O'Liely's Law ( Jail formerly deported Criminal Illegals who reenter America for 5 Years automatically) message then I will consider him, there is a long Debate/Primary season looming to decide...
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 10,321 Senior Member
    Trump is talking a lot of crap he can't deliver. The US is NEVER going to build a wall around the border and certainly Mexico isn't going to pay for it. That's ridiculous. But like Mussolini, who he reminds me of, he is all postures and lies and some people want to believe him in spite of the rank impossibility of his promises, if that's what they are.

This is not to say a lot can be done about illegals entering in our country. It can. But not by sky in the pie sophomoric answers. Answers in this complicated world are not easy to come by, and anyone who believes they are, are, well....dumb. Cure cancer! Colonize Mars! A Cadillac in every garage! EAsy to say, impossible to do. These things can't be corrected overnight.

A conservative will not win the presidency. Bernie Sanders will not win the presidency. A moderately conservative or a moderately liberal CAN win the presidency. Any other vote will serve the opposite of what we want.
    Not too many problems you can't fix
    With a 1911 and a 30-06
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,503 Senior Member
    Gene L wrote: »
    Any other vote will serve the opposite of what we want.

I want to remain true to my convictions. Voting any other way will serve the opposite of what I want.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 10,321 Senior Member
    coolgunguy wrote: »
    I want to remain true to my convictions. Voting any other way will serve the opposite of what I want.

Got to choose the hill you want to die on. Choose wisely or be a minority of one. You can take your pride and tell it to an Anti 2nd Amendment president you help elect.
    Not too many problems you can't fix
    With a 1911 and a 30-06
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    Gene L reminded me of the presidential candidate that promised a car in every garage abd a chicken in every pot !
    Now I need to remember who that was.

Herbert Hoover ?
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • Gator MonroeGator Monroe Banned Posts: 655 Senior Member
    coolgunguy wrote: »

As long as your convictions are not Unfettered Abortion practices and open borders and social justice & wealth redistribution and Legalization of Drugs and squashing DOMA ...
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,731 Senior Member
    DoctorWho wrote: »
    Gene L reminded me of the presidential candidate that promised a car in every garage abd a chicken in every pot !
    Now I need to remember who that was.

Herbert Hoover ?

Huey P. Long, most likely - corrupt Louisiana governor who got national attention during the Depression, but got shot before he could launch a presidential run. Going from memory, here, but you an Google it.
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,731 Senior Member
    Trump, for the moment, is the whimsical, mythical candidate who says exactly what he thinks and ignores all of the BS social issues that always keep voters from picking the best person to represent the majority of voters.

The problem is that no such person really exists, and couldn't get elected if he did. When everyone really gets interested enough to make a realistic choice, there probably won't be enough people left who believe in unicorns.

Trump represents a dream, for the time being, and dreams only seem real while you are asleep. After you wake up, reality gradually ruins the dream by eating away at the fuzzy images and replacing them with cold, hard facts.
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    Trump is a social Unicorn.

"reality gradually ruins the dream by eating away at the fuzzy images and replacing them with cold, hard facts"

You dream of eating a marshmallow, and wake up with no pillow !
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,503 Senior Member
    Gene L wrote: »
    Got to choose the hill you want to die on. Choose wisely or be a minority of one. You can take your pride and tell it to an Anti 2nd Amendment president you help elect.

Sorry, I've been working a lot of overtime lately and I'm a little tired...can you roll your eyes for me? Thanks.

It's kind of funny that I, casting MY vote in disagreement with YOURS puts an 'anti-gunner' in the Whitehouse, but YOU casting YOUR vote in disagreement with mine does not. Welcome to the democratic party Gene. Linear thought is unnecessary.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin