Best States for Gun Owners 2015

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 32,980 Senior Member
You may not agree with the ranking systems and points for having or not having certain gun rights or it may or may not apply to what you own or want to. Still a pretty darn good assessment.

They rank NY as the worst state by their criteria and Arizona as the best.

DC is the absolute worst, not a state though.

Also places and events to shoot in were taken into consideration.

So some are great in some areas and not so good in others, especially when you look at some of the the better ones for gun owners.

http://www.gunsandammo.com/network-topics/culture-politics-network/best-states-for-gun-owners-2015/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=editorial&utm_term=gunsandammo&utm_content=enlfeatured1
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• avmechavmech Senior Member Posts: 858 Senior Member
    Good read, thanks. A little surprised, in a good way, that FL did better than TX.
    NRA Benefactor Member
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,662 Senior Member
    AL @ #7, I'm pleased :up:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• TrueTone911TrueTone911 Senior Member Posts: 6,045 Senior Member
    No surprise for California. Being in one of the worst states for gun owners in the U.S. still rivals other countries in the world.

You know...silver lining and all that.

http://www.gunsandammo.com/network-topics/culture-politics-network/best-countries-gun-owners/
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,259 Senior Member
    knitepoet wrote: »
    AL @ #7, I'm pleased :up:

Paul, did you know we have an ANTI as head of ALDOT? His latest move is making all reststops in the state gun free. The AG is "reviewing" it. I suggest you contact Big Luthers office and let them know how you feel, I did. Ph#334-353-1518
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,897 Senior Member
    BAMAAK wrote: »
    Paul, did you know we have an ANTI as head of ALDOT? His latest move is making all reststops in the state gun free. The AG is "reviewing" it. I suggest you contact Big Luthers office and let them know how you feel, I did. Ph#334-353-1518
    I thought that was a done deal
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
    Well I talked to the AGs office Friday and it was still under review. Very nice lady BTW. Got the impression she didn't agree with the unelected head of ALDOT trying to make law.

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,897 Senior Member
    Then there is hope.....
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    NN wrote: »
    Then there is hope.....

There's always hope, where there's water & soap !!!!!!
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
    NN wrote: »
    Then there is hope.....

Chalk one up for the good guys. The governor overrode the ALDOT DB.

• knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,662 Senior Member
    Actually the rest areas had been "gun free zones" for at least the last 2 years
    Well, this says about a year,
    http://www.myfoxal.com/story/29629761/governor-bentley-orders-aldot-to-remove-no-weapons-signs-from-state-rest-areas
    but I know the one on Hwy 82 in Maplesville had a "No firearms" sign last time I stopped in there. Which was when youngest granddaughter was 3-4 months old. She's 29 months old now
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 25,765 Senior Member
    Don't know why Tennessee was so far down the list unless it was the 'miscellaneous' category. We're shall issue state, and you can have most anything you want in firearms including silencers and full auto. With a CCW permit you can carry concealed or open, and loaded rifle or shotgun in the vehicle for personal protection, except on Wildlife Management Areas, is O.K. Castle doctrine for a long time, too. We are a bit short on places to shoot, and don't have all that many shooting matches, though.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.