22LR Shortage Over!! Or ??

Uncle FesterUncle Fester Senior MemberPosts: 1,067 Senior Member
The other day, I received a flyer from Cabelas bragging about their prices on 22LRCCI ammo. To be honest, the price wasn't great and I ignored it.

Today, I was near the store and decided to see if they had much. For the first time in ??? Years, they had plenty of 22LR. While the prices weren't great, an employee, who was stocking even more ammo, said that customers could now buy 1200 rounds per trip.

In addition to various cci stuff, they had boxes of 250-350 available from three different companies.

Replies

• tubabucknuttubabucknut Banned Posts: 3,520 Senior Member
    or
    It's because I hate Trump.
  • Gator MonroeGator Monroe Banned Posts: 655 Senior Member
    Have not seen one Bulk box of Federal of any variety at my two regional Super Wal*marts in 2 years...
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Nope, not in this area of FLA at Walmart and a few other places. They get it in and it gets gobbled up same day.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    or

Or are we still Sierra Oscar Lima......................
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
  • tubabucknuttubabucknut Banned Posts: 3,520 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    Or are we still Sierra Oscar Lima......................
    I was stating it is whatever the "or" is.
    It's because I hate Trump.
  • Uncle FesterUncle Fester Senior Member Posts: 1,067 Senior Member
    or
    or is it just a quick lull in the shortage.
    Conjunction not joined to any alternative, I reckon.
  • toymachinetoymachine Senior Member Posts: 761 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    Conjunction not joined to any alternative, I reckon.

Yep. But that kind of talk is frowned upon 'round these parts (discouraging words, and all...).

I was in Cabela's the other day and they had a couple decent size piles of 50rd boxes of CCI and Eley 22lr. $4.99 a box on the CCI, way more on the Eley. Thought about picking up some of their CCI "Quiet 22", but decided that I still have enough in stock and haven't shot any of my 22s recently enough to warrant stocking more ammo.
    "Is 'milk bottle' literally a racist term?"
    "It is now." - Jack Fraggs
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 8,672 Senior Member
    I have not seen any .22lr ammo at a South Fla Walmart in ages.

Bass Pro Shop gets some now and then, the gun shows have lots of it, but at the prices they want they can eat it cause I will never buy it from them.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • FreezerFreezer Senior Member Posts: 1,496 Senior Member
    My LGS has plenty of .22 but the prices aren't great. Rem green 500 rounds for $34.
    I like Elmer Keith; I married his daughter :wink:
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 7,355 Senior Member
    It's still sporadic, at best, in my parts and Walmart? Forget about it. I have not seen a single pack of 300 or above at a Walmart in at least 2 years. Prices just about everywhere are still elevated, though I'm seeing less and less of the outrageous (aka $50/555 ct. pack) pricing. Then again, the 333 Winchester packs are becoming all that around...
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • shootbrownelkshootbrownelk Senior Member Posts: 2,025 Senior Member
    Have not seen one Bulk box of Federal of any variety at my two regional Super Wal*marts in 2 years...

I hear you Gator, same here. My .22's like Federal bulk and CCI mini-mags the best, and the Federals are MIA. None for 2+ years at WW.
  • justin10mmjustin10mm Senior Member Posts: 688 Senior Member
    My Walmart doesn't even have a space on the shelf for .22 anymore.

Academy and Cabela's get odd lots in every now and then but the selection and prices are atrocious. I've not seen Winchester or Maxi Mag .22 magnum in 3 years.
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,282 Senior Member
    Academy prices are about as good as it gets anymore. $18.00 for 325 rds of automatch, $7.50/100 minimags, $69.00 for 1400 golden bullets, $2.19 a box (40) for am eagle. That's about as cheap as it gets, pretty close to the same as walmart but more plentiful.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
  • Gator MonroeGator Monroe Banned Posts: 655 Senior Member
    I will not think its over until I go to one of my two regional WAL*MART super centers and there are more than 3 boxes of any variety 550 bulk box on the shelf at lunchtime on a monday
  • JeeperJeeper Senior Member Posts: 2,952 Senior Member
    Six-Gun wrote: »
    It's still sporadic, at best, in my parts and Walmart? Forget about it. I have not seen a single pack of 300 or above at a Walmart in at least 2 years. Prices just about everywhere are still elevated, though I'm seeing less and less of the outrageous (aka $50/555 ct. pack) pricing. Then again, the 333 Winchester packs are becoming all that around...

THIS, except about 2 months ago I got lucky and wandered into one that was just bringing the Ammo out about 8pm, and managed to score 3 boxes of 333 ct Winchester.

Luis
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug