39 mil dollar settlement

FreezerFreezer Senior MemberPosts: 1,409 Senior Member
I read on another website that Taurus had agreed to a 29 million dollar settlement for their unsafe semi auto pistols that can fire when dropped. What do ya know they figured out what we knew all a long Taurus = junk!
I like Elmer Keith; I married his daughter :wink:

Replies

• DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,497 Senior Member
    What models ?
    Links ???

RAND VIEW OUTDOORSGUNSHANDGUNS
    Taurus Agrees To $39 Million Settlement In Defective Pistol Case

http://www.grandviewoutdoors.com/guns/taurus-agrees-to-39-million-settlement-in-defective-pistol-case/

Hunting, Fishing and Shooting News on Grand View Outdoors

GRAND VIEW OUTDOORSGUNSHANDGUNS

Brazil-based handgun maker Taurus has agreed to a $39 million settlement in a class action lawsuit alleging some of the company's most popular semi-automatic handguns can discharge when dropped and have a defective safety that allows the gun to fire even when it's engaged.

Settlement could include as many as 100,000 Taurus semi-autos

Brazil-based handgun maker Forjas Taurus SA has agreed to a $39 million settlement in a class action lawsuit alleging some of the company’s most popular semi-automatic handguns can discharge when dropped and have a defective safety that allows the gun to fire even when it’s engaged.

According to court documents filed May 15 in a U.S. District Court in Florida, the company has agreed to pay up to $30 million to owners of nine separate handgun models who opt to send their pistols back, with owners receiving anywhere from $150 to $200 for their pistols depending on how many choose that option.

The agreement also will extend the warranty for the nine handgun models, allowing gun owners to send the pistols back to have the handguns inspected by Taurus technicians and address the “safety defects” alleged in the suit. Documents show the settlement could include as many as 100,000 handguns.

The settlement also calls for a maximum $9 million in attorney’s fees.

A Taurus official confirmed the settlement agreement, arguing the company does not admit any wrongdoing.

“The Taurus Companies do not admit liability in connection with the settlement,” the official told Grand View Outdoors. “If anyone has one of these pistols, we are happy to inspect it under the warranty and suggest that they send it to us so that we can do so.”

This Taurus class action lawsuit affects nine handgun models that includes six PT Millennium models.

Ok then........ $150 - $200 for your $500 + gun!
    Now that is funny !
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 13,972 Senior Member
    Who in hell would pay $500 + dollars for a Taurus?
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • FreezerFreezer Senior Member Posts: 1,409 Senior Member
    I'm not computer savvy, I knew someone would find the link, Thanks Doc .
    I like Elmer Keith; I married his daughter :wink:
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 5,875 Senior Member
    Turns out all the shootings we've been hearing about were just ADs by thugs dropping their gats out of their droopy drawers...they should have gotten Highpoints instead! :jester:

Wasn't Taurus trying to garner a U.S. military contract at one time with some version of this gun? :yikes:
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin