Blued or Stainless Leverhun? (Poll)

13»

Replies

• ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 20,604 Senior Member
    I thought you were putting a red dot on this one?

At the time I originally posted the thread, that is what I had available. Now, I have the 2x Weaver and think it would be a better option.
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,452 Senior Member
    Stainless
    I'm with the others that chose stainless. For this use, it only makes sense.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,626 Senior Member
    Stainless. Period. No debate.
  • NomadacNomadac Senior Member Posts: 890 Senior Member
    When my Marlin 336 was stolen and I decided to replace it I purchased a Marlin 336SS in stainless for it's durability in high moisture areas, field use etc. Most of my revolvers are stainless for the same reasons.

• breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,100 Senior Member
    Overkill is underrated.
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    Stainless
    It is hard to find a SS leverhun, they are quite rare, the common variety SS levergun is much easier to obtain !

:jester: joke ......
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 10,224 Senior Member
    Blued
    I'm not sure why blued guns are rejected by a lot of people. Maintenance on a blue gun may require a wipe-down, but that's about all. With modern finishes and oils, wiping one down after a day in the field will take maybe two minutes. Stainless guns are fine, I've got one, but they do tend to shine like a lantern out in the woods.

I've never not bought a gun because of maintenance requirements. I figure that's part of the price of owning any firearm.
    Not too many problems you can't fix
    With a 1911 and a 30-06
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 20,604 Senior Member
    Ultimately, I went stainless on this gun because the scope I intend to put on it was stainless in finish. I figured it would look better on a stainless gun. Had the scope been blued........I'd have gone that route.
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    Stainless
    That is because you have never lived on a department issue couch with your SS sidearm still glued into your holster, plus SS does not have blued finish to wear off, a good buffing will help keep it nice.

Overall, SS is a great finish, and a nice cheap coating will kill the lantern effect of the light that shines off some folks lantern jaw.... Lol
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996