drone shooting

sarg1csarg1c Senior MemberPosts: 1,705 Senior Member
What are you guys thought on shooting down drones watching your children or hovering outside your windows....

Replies

• DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,497 Senior Member
    sarg1c wrote: »
    What are you guys thought on shooting down drones watching your children or hovering outside your windows....

Going to prison is not my idea of a good time.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 37,968 Senior Member

My thought is even birdshot will cripple a drone.
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,141 Senior Member
    Pull the magazine plug and make the shotgun sound like a full auto!
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
    cpj wrote: »

And the numerous FEDERAL AGENTS can cripple me easily, my bones break easy !!!!, like weak donkey butter beans !
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • N320AWN320AW Senior Member Posts: 648 Senior Member

Nah. 00 buck will do the trick. :jester:
  • N320AWN320AW Senior Member Posts: 648 Senior Member
    N320AW wrote: »
    Nah. 00 buck will do the trick. :jester:
    Hey, a drone is easier to cripple than a yodel-dog. I learned it here!
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 13,969 Senior Member
    DoctorWho wrote: »
    Going to prison is not my idea of a good time.
    What makes you think that all drones are govt. property? We're not talking about a Predator here...rather those nifty drones anyone can buy at a hobby shop and use to invade your privacy....

That being said...I believe a hefty charge of copper-coated BB's would do the job nicely....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    What makes you think that all drones are govt. property? We're not talking about a Predator here...rather those nifty drones anyone can buy at a hobby shop and use to invade your privacy....

Quit interjecting facts into this discussion.
    Zee
    Ok, prove me an ass hat for balking at shooting stuff from a private home, how is this a good idea ?
    My reasoning being, what reason would a hobbyist, not the Government have for flyinng drones over a home ?
    Calling 911 might be a better idea.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,100 Senior Member
    I like ihe buckhot option. But just suppose the crap hit the propeller and Obama would sick his minions on us and send out the drones. I would love a Browning Machine gun in 30-06 with ARMOR PIERCING TRACERS. No buck shot for me thank you. Send em down in flames. or better still a Sea Whiz. That would send all the drones to the bottom of the lake. And we would all sing together, "We Shall Over Come We shall over come, and send Obama back to Kenya whence he came...
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 31,709 Senior Member
    I saw something on the news about a guy getting arrested for shooting down a drone he said was hovering over his young daughter in his backyard in the pool.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,582 Senior Member
    I would use a slingshot with a pocket full of pellets from a discreet location.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
    DoctorWho wrote: »
    Ok, prove me an ass hat for balking at shooting stuff from a private home, how is this a good idea ?
    My reasoning being, what reason would a hobbyist, not the Government have for flyinng drones over a home ?
    Calling 911 might be a better idea.
    Theres really no need for proof, but, how about a punk ass teenager simply being a prick flying over my house? It's my ing property, I'll shoot the thing down if i damn well please.
    Zee
  • alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 8,025 Senior Member
    This is way less interesting than I thought it was going to be. I thought we were going to be talking about this:
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
    Ok, if I were to shoot down a drone,
    I would preferably use a microwave guide, send an RF pulse at it and fry it's electronics.
    IMG_5332_zps9b46033f.jpg
    Zee
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,290 Senior Member
    I'm all for it. Drones need to get the hell out of my airspace. They are becoming a pretty big problem for real pilots in populated areas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "It's far easier to start out learning to be precise and then speeding up, than it is having never "mastered" the weapon, and trying to be precise." - Dan C
    Considering that the type of equipment used in ham radio is used to bounce radio signals off the moon by average Licensed (FCC) amateur radio operators *EME*

What is the big deal ?

The same equipment pointed "accidentally" at a drone will neatly fry its rather delicate radio control equipment.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth%E2%80%93Moon%E2%80%93Earth_communication
  • shootbrownelkshootbrownelk Senior Member Posts: 2,000 Senior Member
    And now Amazon wants to get into the "Drone-Delivery" business and further pollute the skies. Pretty soon we won't know which ones are invading our privacy and which ones are delivering our unneeded junk. It'll make picking out a target for destruction harder.
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 7,471 Senior Member

By drones, do you mean those multi propped flying machines capable of carrying a camera............or someone who supports the democrats.............
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
    I'm all for it. Drones need to get the hell out of my airspace. They are becoming a pretty big problem for real pilots in populated areas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, and how long will it be before a drone is used in a Terrorist attack of some kind. Already talk about that. One could cause some serious damage to a landing or taking off airplane and helicopters for sure.

Heavy enough a weapon could be mounted or one to just crash into and whack a person directed from a laptop from far away from the crime scene. How about drug drops????

Some restrictions exist, but those intent on misuse will ignore the laws.

Also privacy concerns. Great technology, but now it has gotten cheap and available to anyone.

Any pervert with a camera equipped drone can fly one and put his video on the Internet.

I dunno the answer, but they are gonna have to find a way to control the nuisance flying and criminal use of drones.

Business wants them for deliveries, I can see it now dozens of drones from FedEx/UPS cluttering up the sky and some crashing or dropping stuff.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Democrats are drones, insect like, following the hive collective.
    "Business wants them for deliveries, I can see it now dozens of drones from FedEx/UPS cluttering up the sky and some crashing or dropping stuff."

What kind of stuff ????
    Drool,
    Omaha steaks & beer ????

LoL joke !
    I dunno how high one can fly say carrying a 25 pound box to deliver, but dang that could hurt, go through a house roof or damage a car.

Will birds attack small drones? Falconry may come back into vogue.

Hey, thug drones which like pirates attack regular ones and take deliveries away..........hacking of on-board computers?
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,100 Senior Member
    orchidman wrote: »
    By drones, do you mean those multi propped flying machines capable of carrying a camera............or someone who supports the democrats.............

BOTH!
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 13,969 Senior Member
    The airspace over my property and immediately outside my kids windows is controlled airspace....I control it...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 16,569 Senior Member
    Theres really no need for proof, but, how about a punk ass teenager simply being a prick flying over my house? It's my ing property, I'll shoot the thing down if i damn well please.
    Thank you. That's the way it *should* be. It isn't and/or won't be in our politically correct Liberal la-la land, but it *is* the way it should be.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

My Karma ran over your Dogma!
    That is why I love ham radio, I know a few nasty tricks that work on drones, they are after all "Radio controlled" and easy to mess with.....
  • FreezerFreezer Senior Member Posts: 1,409 Senior Member
    The micro wave technology idea is a real problem for air planes. The laser pointer technology is now used by idiots to blind pilots as they land. Some fools think its funny. Think what a micro wave burst would do.

My only problem with shooting down drones is I live in rural community, no longer a city, but I have neighbors very close by. It's also illegal to discharge a firearm where I live. A good pellet gun would work but no matter how I bring that sucker down it might do some damage.

The idea of air combat is interesting. Shoot it down with salt water or a stick from another drone. Kamikaze drones. How about capturing it with an air gun net? Air Pirates! Scan the radio waves and hijack the little sucker.

OH what a can of worms they opened up.
    I like Elmer Keith; I married his daughter :wink:
  • FreezerFreezer Senior Member Posts: 1,409 Senior Member
    Is it illegal to fly a air drone over a nudist colony or nude beach?:uhm:
    I like Elmer Keith; I married his daughter :wink: