drone shooting

Replies

• VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 6,532 Senior Member
    Freezer wrote: »
    Ok get the aspirin you guys got me thinking. I went on line and found RC drones with a HD B&W camera for $99. For $129 you can get live stream. Good ones are about $400.

Do they make air soft shotguns?

BTW from what I read private property air space extends 500 feet above your property.

Its state to state. In PA you own it to the heavens, FAA controls it above 500 (or 300). Anything coming across your property is a trespass. If one shoots a bullet across your property, it is a trespass. Anyone flying a drone across your property is breaking the law, period. Shooting it down may not be exactly legal, but if it is flying over you kids or peering through your windows, we have a magistrate system.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • FreezerFreezer Senior Member Posts: 1,496 Senior Member
    Oh I need more aspirin! This thing was in the neighbor's yard, then his yard? Looking at his daughters? There were four guys watching this thing? They had the gall to show up at his door? He got fined and they got nothing! Did he have to replace their perv contraption? Did they ever provide their flight video?

What if I use a microwave burst or kamikaze drone, can they sue for destroying their property? Coming to think of it (my aching head) they make trainer air planes that are made to crash, come apart and put back together.

I think it would be time buy a drone for five fly-bys. I'd hover it in front of the four perverts bedroom window and the judge who saw nothing wrong with the first flight.

Maybe he should do this to an anti gun celebrity's house.
    I like Elmer Keith; I married his daughter :wink:
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,729 Senior Member

My only problem with shooting down drones is I live in rural community, no longer a city, but I have neighbors very close by. It's also illegal to discharge a firearm where I live. A good pellet gun would work but no matter how I bring that sucker down it might do some damage.

Steel ball bearing and a slingshot will take one down. No problem with the law for shooting inside the city limits. No muss, no fuss
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,967 Senior Member
    I'm all for it. Drones need to get the hell out of my airspace. They are becoming a pretty big problem for real pilots in populated areas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:popcorn:
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,967 Senior Member
    DoctorWho wrote: »
    That is why I love ham radio, I know a few nasty tricks that work on drones, they are after all "Radio controlled" and easy to mess with.....
    ECM should not be hard in the case of current drones and as soon as drones start being used for something commercial in a big way, hackers will be on it.
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 8,743 Senior Member
    Is it illegal to fly a air drone over a nudist colony or nude beach?:uhm:
    Why would you want to? Have you ever seen the kind of people who go to those places? :yikes: likely to make CPJ's rifle rest look like a pretty site!
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
    Why would you want to? Have you ever seen the kind of people who go to those places? :yikes:

They ALL look like Woody Allen. men AND women
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,106 Senior Member
    You'se guys is thinking firearms solutions for a "Robin Hood" problem. :tooth:

Either one of these will will work just fine on low flying drones with a compound, recurve or crossbow. No sound to make nosey neighbors turn you in for shootin' them nasty guns. Sayin'.

If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

• VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 6,532 Senior Member
    I think one of those cheaper RC planes with a few 30' strings of 8lb test hanging off the back and a little dogfighting might be fun. All you have to do is pass over once.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
    Why would you want to? Have you ever seen the kind of people who go to those places? :yikes: likely to make CPJ's rifle rest look like a pretty site!

No, I haven't been to those places. The thought of being the best looking person on the beach is way too scary :love:

But now the question is....How do you know this?

Oh! The Robin Hood idea is good. They sell cheap cross bow pistols that could be loaded and ready.
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 10,235 Senior Member
    I believe the guy in KY who shot down the drone was charged (so far) with discharging a firearm in town, or something like that. The issue of privacy hasn't yet been approached so far as I know. He has an argument in his favor. Also, be aware the government is much more restricted than punk ass kids.
    Not too many problems you can't fix
    With a 1911 and a 30-06
    I think one of those cheaper RC planes with a few 30' strings of 8lb test hanging off the back and a little dogfighting might be fun. All you have to do is pass over once.

if its low enough, a cast net would work as well
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    bullsi1911 wrote: »
    if its low enough, a cast net would work as well

A good fisherman and a rod n reel with lots of hooks...............just sayin
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 9,556 Senior Member
    9d747c4b0eb1795ccff2e1529524cccd.jpg

Take up Falconry......
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,419 Senior Member
    I've got a 3000 PSI gas powered pressure washer. With the right nozzle, that thing will fire a water jet much higher than my roof line. "Just washing my siding, ossifer!"
    :devil:
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 8,743 Senior Member
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,651 Senior Member
    If Amazon decides to use drones to deliver to my rural location, they better give me an IFF transponder first.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 19,599 Senior Member
    bisley wrote: »
    If Amazon decides to use drones to deliver to my rural location, they better give me an IFF transponder first.
    You can buy that on Amazon! :jester:
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,853 Senior Member

Exactly! Not too many babes in a nudist colony. That's usually fat old ragged out women there, and oh yeah Old saggy skinned men too, Hehehe! Not for the faint of heart.....
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    One of these + subsonic shotshells would be the thing for shooting drones. The Metro Barrel Extension cuts the noise down to the point that hearing protection isn't required with the subsonic shotshells.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/440176/hastings-metro-32-barrel-extension-for-winchester-mossberg-browning-invector-weatherby-12-gauge-blue
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

This is all so easy. Get you an RC plane with a CO2 Pellet gun. Then when the drone comes over your property just fly up its tail and fire. Then bank away and land your plane and go pick up the pieces.

Edited to Add: Get a live cam and put in the Pilot seat so you can line up the gun. Then hit the fire servo. Scratch one Drone!!!
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 6,552 Senior Member
    How do you guys know so much about nude beaches and nudist colonies?
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
    JerryBobCo wrote: »
    How do you guys know so much about nude beaches and nudist colonies?

Seen it in magazines, don't ask which magazines, or I will tell you a lie, LOL!!! But just a hint, it wasn't Popular Mechanics.....But the subject matter was pretty popular,

:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 6,552 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »
    Seen it in magazines, don't ask which magazines, or I will tell you a lie, LOL!!! But just a hint, it wasn't Popular Mechanics.....But the subject matter was pretty popular,

:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

So you like to look at magazines with pictures of ugly old naked men and women?

I knew there was something odd about you.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,101 Senior Member
    JerryBobCo wrote: »
    So you like to look at magazines with pictures of ugly old naked men and women?

I knew there was something odd about you.
    Odder than his fanatical devotion to the .270? Or is that a symptom of his oddness?
    Overkill is underrated.
    I've already asked this question!

Personally I'd a little scared to go to the SE Shoot with a bunch of men that are preoccupied with Jerminator's butt....or any other man's butt for that matter. They even have and post pictures of it. Now that is just twisted!

Great! Now not only do I have a headache from thinking too much but the aspirin and change in subject matter has upset my stomach.
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    I think two ideas stand out chiefly.

Teach, water cannon idea.
    # 1,
    Winner winner, chicken dinner !!!!!

2. "Jam its frequency".... Star wars QUOTE.
    Not hard to do, 'receive its guidance system signal, short range transmission, then focus a tight beam signal on it.

Watch it crash.

Years ago, a neighbor kept playing his television way too loudly, I got reality tired of loosing sleep, at the time, I was experimenting with a toy transmitter, and found it disrupted my televisions operation to snow & hash for sound.
    I spliced into his antennae lead, and each time the sound was too loud, I killed the reception.

He soon got the message.

Keep thinking up Better Less traceable ways.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
    DoctorWho wrote: »

Keep thinking up Better Less traceable ways.

40 watt CO2 lasers are pretty cheap, as are red and green weapons lasers. Zero the weapons laser with the CO2 laser and burn the drone up midair. The laser is SBD (Silent But Deadly) on drones.

• CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 10,927 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    My thought is even .44 mag Moisin-Nagant birdshot will cripple a drone.
    FIFY, it's science.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    Fishing line. Hook-um and reel'm in. Low tech and it works.

44 mag MN? Please explain. Can that be done?