16 year old plays stupid game, wins stupid prize

GunnerK19GunnerK19 Senior MemberPosts: 1,083 Senior Member
Broadbent done went and got hisself bent.

http://www.startribune.com/alleged-robber-shot-dead-in-st-paul-by-victim-was-w-st-paul-teen-mom-says/320481982/

"and he ain't gonna rob no mo'..." :nono:
I'm a Conservative. How conservative? Only Alex P. Keaton has me beat.

Taurus 605 .357, Ruger .45 Vaquero, Ruger 10/22, Colt frontier commemorative .22 SA

Replies

• horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,626 Senior Member
    Imagine if every law-abiding citizen carried a concealed weapon every day, everywhere. What a wonderful world it would be. Thugs like Broadbent wouldn't stand a chance and they'd know it - and maybe not make such bad life choices.
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    Already thugs everywhere are getting the message, like the knock em out game, it ceased to be fun when the victims started shoosting the thugs.

"Broadbent’s mother, Leeann Broadbent, said Monday that her son didn’t “have that kind of heart” to pull a gun on someone.
    Broadbent, who was going into his junior year at Henry Sibley High School in Mendota Heights, was active in sports and had started getting “in a little trouble here and there, but nothing like this,” his mother said. “If someone pulled a gun on him, he would have dropped [his]” rather than shoot."

Unbelievable.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    horselips wrote: »
    Imagine if every law-abiding citizen carried a concealed weapon every day, everywhere. What a wonderful world it would be. Thugs like Broadbent wouldn't stand a chance and they'd know it - and maybe not make such bad life choices.

More and more accounts like this appear in the news every day. The peaceful people are not going down easy any more.

But thugs don't learn their lessons, unfortunately for the thugs.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,106 Senior Member
    samzhere wrote: »
    More and more accounts like this appear in the news every day. The peaceful people are not going down easy any more.

As CCW licensee rates keep climbing the changes a thug will meet one while the thug is trying to rob or do other mischief also rises. Problem is, there is a new crop of up and coming thugs every year that have to be educated. They may or may not survive the 'education'. I don't remember who said it, but, "Life gives the test first, and then the lesson."
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

• TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,419 Senior Member
    One of my students who thought the cool way to make his pocket change was to rob pizza delivery guys made the mistake of trying it four times in the same night- - - -ordering pizzas delivered to the same abandoned house. The 4th. "delivery" guy was an undercover cop who gave him a 40 S&W double-tap. The airsoft pistol with the orange muzzle painted black just couldn't hold up its end of the gunfight. Scratch one stupid thug!
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
    samzhere wrote: »

Why is it unfortunate for the thugs ? They choose to rob and rape, not like an innocent person that suffers a heart attack, these idiots make a decision to hurt people and Mommy says they are good boys never meaning no harm !

It reminds me of one of the zombie flicks, the daughter becomes a zombie and her mother eventually lets her daughter eat her brain.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    If Obammy had a son........................................this tragic incident could have involved him. If Holder was still AG he would investigate possible civil rights violations soon (the thugs)...................

Although I am sorry to hear about another young life gone that could have been totally prevented IF he chose not to become a criminal.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    Big Chief, you or I could have chosen to be criminals, we didn't, I did not mug elderly folks as a kid, I went to the grocery store for them, I did nice stuff for people.
    This I grew up in the ghetto, that's why I do what I do excuse, doesn't wash.
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,458 Senior Member
    DoctorWho wrote: »
    Big Chief, you or I could have chosen to be criminals, we didn't, I did not mug elderly folks as a kid, I went to the grocery store for them, I did nice stuff for people.
    This I grew up in the ghetto, that's why I do what I do excuse, doesn't wash.

He wasn't offering an excuse, he was saying the kid is stupid for making the choices he made.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,853 Senior Member
    coolgunguy wrote: »
    He wasn't offering an excuse, he was saying the kid is stupid for making the choices he made.

I think we're all on the same page here.
    I think Doc is just reaffirming his amazement at why some kids get caught up in this kind of life. True, we didn't all have the same challenges in life some of these kids do, but maybe some of these parents will wake up and start giving a damn about their kids and offering them better life choices and examples. This is ashamed. My parents weren't perfect, but they gave me something to live for and reasons to want to do better. We can all learn from this, because it's not only black kids that get into trouble, though there does seem to be a disproportionate number that do. But all kids need guidance and without it this is what can happen. We wonder how things have become so screwed up, but it's fairly easy to see. The family is broken. We don't eat together, we don't go places together, we don't go to church, we just let our kids hang out there with their peers and hope things turn out ok. There's a lot to say for a good ol' conservative up-bringing with a father figure and little religion thrown in.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    coolgunguy wrote: »

I know he wasn't, Big Chief is always spot on,
    Just sayin what both me and him agree on, that's all........
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,853 Senior Member
    DoctorWho wrote: »
    I know he wasn't, Big Chief is always spot on,
    Just sayin what both me and him agree on, that's all........

That's the way I took your comments. Ya know what? This screwed up society we have now was brought to you by the same idiots that want to take your guns away.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    I love how Liberal Democrats and other Dummies lump gun possession and use by law abiding people with criminals, I can't abide pork chop preachers, speaking against guns in Church, they can't understand a good use for firearms of any type.