Pistol-whipped detective says he didn't shoot attacker because of headlines

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 32,995 Senior Member
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,857 Senior Member
    I can't get the video to play.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    I have seen the same thing happen when LEOs are more afraid of department disciplinary actions over what a criminal may inflict on them, perhaps even to the point of letting a criminal kill a partner or themselves.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Poke around, Giggle it and plenty of the story with videos out there and on cable news.

One thing is the ATTITUDE (Black Lives Matter, Hands Up Don't Shoot...Rioters... I ain't gonna take this anymore....) of these folks lately who either fail to comply and get shot or in this case probably should have been by all rights by the officer, but atmosphere has been so bad lately he didn't wanna start a news media frenzy, justified or not doesn't seem to matter lately.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    Lately crossing the street is getting more dangerous if you are white, lots of chicky being played on white pedestrians.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • N320AWN320AW Senior Member Posts: 648 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »

There is nothing I hate more than a law enforcement officer trying to be: POLITCALLY CORRECT!
    Especially when the department backs thugs and not the LEOs.
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 6,560 Senior Member
    We're seeing a rash of shoplifting here in Podunk, Co. I'm not sure what's causing it, but one of my theories is that there is a widespread disrespect and disregard of the law because of all the crap that started in Ferguson.

I could be wrong, but that's the way I see it. It's a damn shame.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    DoctorWho wrote: »
    I have seen the same thing happen when LEOs are more afraid of department disciplinary actions over what a criminal may inflict on them, perhaps even to the point of letting a criminal kill a partner or themselves.

This is somewhat akin to the feedback which I'm getting from a few cop friends. Some however are "going turtle" and simply not doing the arrests and traffic stops they once did.

Both actions are regrettable but also understandable. And I think it's gonna get worse until the bulk of citizens grow tired of this and speak out forcefully. Maybe.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
    No, it is not going "Turtle": it is called; "going strictly by the book" that will slow up things considerably, waiting for backup is always a good idea anyway, especially if criminals start setting up ambush type attacks.
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    DoctorWho wrote: »
    No, it is not going "Turtle": it is called; "going strictly by the book" that will slow up things considerably, waiting for backup is always a good idea anyway, especially if criminals start setting up ambush type attacks.

You're correct on that. I made up the "turtle" nomenclature but I've heard that some cops are simply "getting busy" and not being able to respond. Similarly, just driving past a problem and not stopping.

And yeah, I know it's wrong for cops to do this and it breaks their oath as well as standards of professional standards. But it still happens.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read. - Groucho Marx