Throwing out that I have a political debate page on Facebook.

ghostsniper1ghostsniper1 BannedPosts: 2,645 Senior Member
If any of you are on Facebook and enjoy politics, current events and debating, I created a debate page that I'm the administrator of. It's been going strong for over 2 years now with many members. I have many members ranging from all different political spectrums. And my only rule is that I don't have any rules since we are all adults. Unless someone is just a complete feminine hygiene product, spammer or troll. You can find it under "groups" called The People's Debate Page. Hope I'm allowed to post this here.

Replies

• JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 15,045 Senior Member
    Dude. You gotta link? I am kind of curious. You weren't exactly tolerant on the 2a forum when you were here before. You had some fundamentalist Christian views. While that is fine and dandy with me, you had problems respecting other views. That is where we ran into some problems.
  • ghostsniper1ghostsniper1 Banned Posts: 2,645 Senior Member
    Jermanator wrote: »
    Dude. You gotta link? I am kind of curious. You weren't exactly tolerant on the 2a forum when you were here before. You had some fundamentalist Christian views. While that is fine and dandy with me, you had problems respecting other views. That is where we ran into some problems.
    I jus typed out a huge reply and it got swallowed somehow. My demeanor has calmed very much since y'all heard from me last. Having no stress can change a man. Not sure how to post a link to my debate page though. You can search it on Facebook under the "groups" category. Just type in "The People's Debate Page." You won't need the quotation marks though.
    Colt was also a member on my page for quite sometime. Not sure why he left actually. He was a contributing member for quite a while.
    Colt was also a member on my page for quite sometime. Not sure why he left actually. He was a contributing member for quite a while.
    He hasn't posted here lately either. I think he just got really busy.
    We'll if you'd like to check it out or partake, you have the info on how to find me and join. I promise I'm nowhere as opinionated as I used to be lol.
    Opinionated is fine. Acting like a because you think only your opinion matters is a different story. Being a bitch is another. Being a bitch for being called out as a bitch is where we got into trouble.
    Opinionated is fine. Acting like a because you think only your opinion matters is a different story. Being a bitch is another. Being a bitch for being called out as a bitch is where we got into trouble.
    I've put all those pride issues aside. Actually they're not even aside. I just don't work that way anymore. Things are different in a way that I can't even begin to describe in words. Hell, I have my kiddos now. I pulled them from a really bad situation that had me stressed out beyond description but there's no need to dive into that. I don't blame you it anyone else for being skeptical of me. I know people say they changed and are in fact the exact same as they were, if not worse. But I have patience now. You'll see.
    There are quite a few of us that have invested some time into you. It may not seem like it, but we took the effort to translate our thoughts into words to help you get through your problems. It was actually sound advice. We hoped you would listen. At the time, you ignored it and went on being a bitch.

It sounds like you have done quite a bit of growing up and I hope you have. We all do dumb crap and there is no real way to escape what we have done. All we can do is learn from it.

We aren't adjusting our insulin dose to our alcohol intake these days. Are we?
    There are quite a few of us that have invested some time into you. It may not seem like it, but we took the effort to translate our thoughts into words to help you get through your problems. It was actually sound advice. We hoped you would listen. At the time, you ignored it and went on being a bitch.

It sounds like you have done quite a bit of growing up and I hope you have. We all do dumb crap and there is no real way to escape what we have done. All we can do is learn from it.

We aren't adjusting our insulin dose to our alcohol intake these days. Are we?
    Just now got around to being able to reply to this one. There is no alcohol intake these days. I'm a full time dad and don't have time to be the drunkard that I was. And that also means that I've been taking care of my diabetes exceptionally well. Hell, my Dr was even quite surprised at my last few visits of how well my blood sugars have been. And just to add, y'all were fatherly towards me in the past when I was problematic to myself. I didn't listen or appreciate the advice back then. It took me a year or more before it sunk in. But know that you guys advice didn't go toward nothing. It's very much appreciated now and I thank you all.
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    One more word or two of advice, don't try too hard to convince folks you have changed, let them notice on their own, don't be disappointed if folks are apathetic, or doubtful, many have seen temporary Mission street converts.

These changes you are making are primarily for the benefit of your children and yourself, and when others see and acknowledge the improvements you have made, that's the icing on the cake, just don't wear yourself out dancing to impress people, just take it slow.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
    DoctorWho wrote: »
    One more word or two of advice, don't try too hard to convince folks you have changed, let them notice on their own, don't be disappointed if folks are apathetic, or doubtful, many have seen temporary Mission street converts.

These changes you are making are primarily for the benefit of your children and yourself, and when others see and acknowledge the improvements you have made, that's the icing on the cake, just don't wear yourself out dancing to impress people, just take it slow.
    True. I remember there being talk of a "block" feature on here. Starting to think most of my posts are going towards the blocked abyss.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,887 Senior Member
    Closed group
    why would someone join if they cannot see it first.

No thanks
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    Just now got around to being able to reply to this one. There is no alcohol intake these days. I'm a full time dad and don't have time to be the drunkard that I was. And that also means that I've been taking care of my diabetes exceptionally well. Hell, my Dr was even quite surprised at my last few visits of how well my blood sugars have been. And just to add, y'all were fatherly towards me in the past when I was problematic to myself. I didn't listen or appreciate the advice back then. It took me a year or more before it sunk in. But know that you guys advice didn't go toward nothing. It's very much appreciated now and I thank you all.

Thanks to you for being candid and letting things out. I'm sure that you will eventually find your center. Keep plugging away. Lots of us here have had various types of trials and have thankfully overcome them. Good luck, pal.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    DoctorWho wrote: »

Doc, you've posted a superb piece of advice that everyone here should read. Great statements!

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
    NN wrote: »
    Closed group
    why would someone join if they cannot see it first.

No thanks
    i closed it so that my members posts won't show up on their newsfeed or their friends. That's why you can join and if you do t like the people, content or debated subjects then you can remove yourself.
    Keeps for privacy IMHO.