Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Trump's immigration plan (for real)



  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Posts: 1,933 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    If they just enforced the immigration laws already on the books we wouldn't have 10-14 million illegals here now.
    If they just enforced the actually effective (Public safety/anti criminal) firearms laws already on the books there would be no need for over 90% of existing and very rarely a new firearms law.
  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Posts: 1,933 Senior Member
    bisley wrote: »
    The most honest solution to this problem is stiffening and enforcing laws against hiring illegal immigrants. Empower local sheriffs and police to charge any employer who doesn't have a copy of birth certificate or green card for every employer, and let the feds round up the forgers of them. I'm thinking $3000-$10,000 per employee and $10,000-$50,000, plus jail for forging a green card. It is the obvious solution that no politician will mention. Also, offer generous rewards for any citizen whose testimony convicts offenders.

    This would impact the economy for a while, and would run some small companies out of business, and I'm sure other measures would be needed to prevent corruption of the system. But, it's simple and honest and would create job opportunities for people who have run out of unemployment insurance, or were booted off welfare, and kids.
    That has always seemed the simplest and most obvious solution to me. It would have worked well around 1850 to 1950. Now it would create a huge impact on our Private, for profit enterprise community. On the plus side it could easily create 1 million shovel/leaf blower ready jobs. The huge drawback for employers would be compliance with State and Federal Labor and Industries standards. That alone could exacerbate the shipping jobs overseas problem A tangled web has been woven. There is no easy Donald Trump type solution.
  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Posts: 1,933 Senior Member
    OOO! OOO! OOO! I knew about the Mexico Guatemala fence Mr. Kotter!
  • tennmiketennmike Posts: 27,457 Senior Member

    I can't see you, so I'll have to take your word for it: did you type that with a straight face?
    "Smart"- - - - -"Federal Government"- - - - -in the same sentence? Mike, what have you been smoking?


    By my best S.W.A.G., there are maybe 3% of the House and Senate that are smart. The other 97% make jellyfish look intelligent. But they ALL have one thing in common; they will hold their nose and do the right thing occasionally to keep the voters pacified enough to reelect their sorry butts over and over again. House and Senate are all about job security so they can make millions on insider trading deals.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • snake284snake284 Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    Documented workers always cost more than undocumented workers, you also have to treat them better. I completely agree that a large guest worker program can and should be part of the solution. I'm just fairly convinced that those who pull the strings of the people in power don't want a real solution because they like things the way they are.

    Maybe so, but it's almost to the point of a crisis and that will attract attention and get things changed. Because like Boehner is finding out and McConnell is about to find out, too many people are sick and tired of the status quo.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • snake284snake284 Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    If the Federal government is smart, then they will get on the immigration overhaul NOW. A Constitutional Convention called by the States would and should be one of the worst nightmares of the Fed. Many of the States are tired of the crap from D.C. and are ripe for the citizens to force the State Legislatures to call for a Constitutional Convention. Once that mess was over, D.C. would be nothing but a picked over skeleton of its former self.

    It all depends on how you look at it. If a Constitutional Convention happened DC might end up like it was meant to be in the first place. Which I guess WOULD be a mere skeleton of its former self.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Posts: 7,927 Senior Member
    E-Verify and cutting off all welfare for illegals would do the trick.
Sign In or Register to comment.
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction


Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services


GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Guns & Ammo stories delivered right to your inbox every week.