Home Main Category Clubhouse

Anyone heard from Heavymax?

2»

Replies

• JayJay Senior Member Posts: 3,859 Senior Member
    He really was pretty blatantly pushing his books. Especially since he got published. When he posted the cover art for his book with the title and his name on it, that was pretty much it for him... Then, that thread got deleted, so Sam cropped the title and all out and posted it right back up again. Maybe he should have just let it go....
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,670 Senior Member
    Jay wrote: »
    He really was pretty blatantly pushing his books. Especially since he got published. When he posted the cover art for his book with the title and his name on it, that was pretty much it for him... Then, that thread got deleted, so Sam cropped the title and all out and posted it right back up again. Maybe he should have just let it go....
    I guess he was confused about the limits for self-promotion here. Too bad, I liked the old fart.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • JayJay Senior Member Posts: 3,859 Senior Member
    Seems like it. Unfortunately. Kinda miss him in a way. The steely eyed gaze (I imagine) as he types out a question to ask everyone, then explains how all the answers are wrong and don't fit his previously established answer to the question he asked..... :p

I'll be nice now. Since he can't be here to join in the fun....
  • gatorgator Senior Member Posts: 1,746 Senior Member
    Whew....

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk
    USMC 80-84
    -96 lbs
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,495 Senior Member
    I guess he was confused about the limits for self-promotion here. Too bad, I liked the old fart.
    I don't know how he could have gotten confused. He was told to stop. Literally: they told him not to do that anymore. And he kept on. I don't think it's because he was annoying, but for flaunting the rules.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,714 Senior Member
    Well, at least he did not wear dresses, besides some of his stuff was really good.
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,797 Senior Member
    NN wrote: »
    some of his stuff was really good.

Ned, you should get out more often. It was painful to read the periodic excerpts that he posted as there was no originality whatsoever. He just rehashed all the cliches and premises that have been worn out by other dimestore novelists over the years. While writing even an instructional pamphlet and getting it published requires skill, Sam's work likely won't be discussed on Oprah.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 11,741 Senior Member
    I don't know how he could have gotten confused. He was told to stop. Literally: they told him not to do that anymore. And he kept on. I don't think it's because he was annoying, but for flaunting the rules.

Are you saying Sam was flauntulent?

I never read anything Sam wrote. Can't say one way or another. Writing crime fiction is in a tough market.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,259 Senior Member
    Well, at least he did not wear dresses..............Skirts
    besides some of his stuff was really good....................Start a "Bring back sam" campaign
    Fisheadgib wrote: »
    Ned, you should get out more often. It was painful to read the periodic excerpts that he posted as there was no originality whatsoever. He just rehashed all the cliches and premises that have been worn out by other dimestore novelists over the years. While writing even an instructional pamphlet and getting it published requires skill, Sam's work likely won't be discussed on Oprah.

You guys need help, just like Clean----argue over everything.

Some
    1.an unspecified number or amount

I only read stuff that was short, maybe 3 sentences.

I haven't looked at the commercial prose of any forum member except Beartracker.
    shush wrote: »
    ZIPPER
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,259 Senior Member
    ZIPPER

As in flies?