Home Main Category Clubhouse

Miss my old LGS.

Elk creekElk creek Senior MemberPosts: 6,450 Senior Member
Well for he last couple days I've had time to explore my new local digs and its LGS offerings. Let me say first I miss my old LGS in Colorado. Not that these are bad, just not a lot of used stuff and different. I miss the feel of my old shop more that I realized. Oh well, new normals and all right. Any of you local members have suggestions. I did find a few cool guns one way overpriced and some that we don't see too often out west. New normals.....
Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.

Replies

• orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 8,111 Senior Member
    Elk creek wrote: »
    Well for he last couple days I've had time to explore my new local digs and its LGS offerings. Let me say first I miss my old LGS in Colorado. Not that these are bad, just not a lot of used stuff and different. I miss the feel of my old shop more that I realized. Oh well, new normals and all right. Any of you local members have suggestions. I did find a few cool guns one way overpriced and some that we don't see too often out west. New normals.....

Not a local member but.................Think ROADTRIP...........Good excuse to drive to Colorado every few months with a pocket full of cash.
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,495 Senior Member
    I'm with you. I miss the old shop I used to go to to buy guns and fishing gear. Unfortunately the owners decided to retire, and had no one to take over.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 6,450 Senior Member
    That's a full 12 hour drive on the first day and a 9 hour drive the second day, at an average of 70 miles an hour.......not a trip I want to make every other month. But I like your spirit! As I Said there are just new normals to get use to. One is I don't have those relationships built yet. Thanks though.
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,165 Senior Member
    No....... not anymore. Ohio isn't much of a rifle state (was shotgun only), so not a lot of used stuff around
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • FreezerFreezer Senior Member Posts: 1,756 Senior Member
    I feel your pain, My LGS I Ca. was a specialty shop that had all kinds of cool things from old military rifles to expensive shotguns. I was a fixture there and could go anywhere in the building I wanted. The new LGS in Pa. is nice but doesn't have the variety the or character the old one had. I guess I'll get used to it but it will take time. If ever I make it back to Ca. (2700 miles) you can bet Ill be in that guns shop again.
    I like Elmer Keith; I married his daughter :wink:
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,714 Senior Member
    It is an omen, you are not destined to be a rifleman.
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,973 Senior Member
    Try Kames in North Canton... There are some good stores in Ohio.

D
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    The ATF harassed my favorite LGS out of business. I'd been a customer for 30-something years when the owner had some health issues and got behind on her record-keeping, and the feds made it impossible for them to recover with raids, fines, courtroom shenanigans, etc. They finally surrendered their FFL and quit dealing in guns. The shop is still there, with an indoor firing range and non-firearm merchandise, but it's not likely to survive much longer. Too bad!
    Jerry
  • WeatherbyWeatherby Senior Member Posts: 4,953 Senior Member
    Your ever in my area I have a few you may like with nice owners.
    My budget leaves plenty of cherries on the tree.
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,611 Senior Member
    Don't think of this a losing your old LGS...think of it as gaining new ones! :tooth:

Seriously, a guy I know 'collects' bars. Not the actual buildings of course, but he goes to bars and has a drink or two, maybe takes some pictures, etc. In that vein, start collecting! :up:
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin