While this would be a horrible place for the county to end up in...

bullsi1911bullsi1911 ModeratorPosts: 9,445 Senior Member
...it would be epic to watch a Trump/ Biden debate.
To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
-Mikhail Kalashnikov

Replies

• Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 27,815 Senior Member
    They could make that a pay-per-view event. I'd pay to see that!!!
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,519 Senior Member
    I have been sayin fer awhile the Trump phenomenon isn't going away anytime soon. Just when you think he put his foot in his mouth for the last time, he emerges with higher poll numbers. I don't disagree with most of what he says either, just curious how he plans to carry them out.

You may very well see that debate, The Donald vs Uncle Joe. Pantsuits lies are catching up to her faster than she can deny them and she may have trapped herself and may eventually get criminal charges brought against her and have to drop out. Even the Dem pro-Pantsuit supporters rats will jump ship when it starts sinking, eventually.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,141 Senior Member
    Debate? I'd rather see both of them decked out in Spandex for a cage match! Now, that's a visual no amount of eye bleach could remove!
    :vomit:
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,034 Senior Member
    bullsi1911 wrote: »
    ...it would be epic to watch a Trump/ Biden debate.

Having the right to post something does not make it right thing to post. Just sayin'.:tooth:

If the race comes to that point, you can bet everything you own now, everything you might ever own AND forty two dollars besides that the world has gone completely off it's nut. At that point, it's coolgunguy out, I'm moving to a different planet.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 17,631 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    Debate? I'd rather see both of them decked out in Spandex for a cage match! Now, that's a visual no amount of eye bleach could remove!
    :vomit:
    Jerry

Darnit Teach! Ya just spoiled my appetite!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 23,920 Senior Member
    If that happens, then Douglas Adams foretold the future. I use these two quotes by Adams as evidence. If things work out that Trump and Biden are the R and D candidates, then as Charlie Brown said, "We're doomed."

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.There is another theory which states that this has already happened.
    Douglas Adams

It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.
    Douglas Adams
    I may be a Deplorable, but at least I'm not a Liberal!!!

• snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,268 Senior Member
    As things look right now that could just happen. Very good possibility. But if it does and Trump is on the ballot as the Republican in the general election, he may not be my dream candidate, but he's not my worst Nightmare candidate either. That would be anyone on the Dummycrap side.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 6,760 Senior Member
    Ok. . .I think watching that debate would automatically lower your IQ by AT LEAST 20 points.

If enough people in a small enough area watched it, would all of the imploding IQ's form an endlessly collapsing black hole of stupid?
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
    snake284 wrote: »
    As things look right now that could just happen. Very good possibility. But if it does and Trump is on the ballot as the Republican in the general election, he may not be my dream candidate, but he's not my worst Nightmare candidate either. That would be anyone on the Dummycrap side.

Well, sure...he's running as a republican. :roll: He won't be your worst nightmare until he drops the mantle of "R", and goes third party. At that point, he becomes the devil...:devil:
    George Carlin
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 12,832 Senior Member
    Look back at Trump's prior positions he advocated, and he was a D.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 38,843 Senior Member

You'd vote for Deez Nuts if he got the republican nomination.
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 14,344 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    You'd vote for Deez Nuts if he got the republican nomination.
    I would. I already said that. Trump? No way in hell. The man was literally a Democrat a few years ago and actively supporting Hillary Clinton's campaign. Suddenly he is a Republican? Yea, right.

I am not a party guy in the first place, but I would like to see a bit of consistency in a candidate. Trump reminds me of Hugo Chavez or some other 3rd world **** dictator. We can weather out Obama. Trump? I am not so sure about that.
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 14,344 Senior Member
    The man can't even take crap from a sexy blond reporter, yet people want him with his finger on THE BUTTON? Yea, I want someone with the restraint and maturity of a 10 year old as commander in chief of our military and in charge of our nuclear arsenal. If he can't deal with Megyn Kelly, how can he deal with Vladimir Putin?
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,268 Senior Member
    Look back at Trump's prior positions he advocated, and he was a D.
    I don't have to look but tell me, What do you suggest? If you have no meaningful suggestion then you might as well get in line because that will be our choice, Trump or Hillary or Sanders maybe. Makes me no difference, I'm not voting for a DUMMY CRAP and I'm not staying home. Lots of y'all here have a lot to say about this but you have no better answer.

Trump's a blow hard braggert, he has a lot to say but not many answers of how he's plans on doing it all. But, i have heard and know what Hillary will do. At least Trump will look after business and the economy and he seems to want to do something about ISIS and the mid east. That's a lot more than Hillary or any of the Dummycrats.

I'm not voting for Trump in the primaries no way. I have a short list from which I will choose the candidate that I will vote for in the primary. But like I said, if Trump is on the ballot as the Republican party's nominee in the general election, he will get my vote.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    I'll vote third party. I'll neither support a Democrat nor a Democrat running as a Republican. And regarding Trump: what will he do for business and ISIS, exactly? What has he said he'll do, policy-wise? What are the mechanisms?

At this point I'm not sure that Trump's not a massive Democrat troll on Republican voters.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,044 Senior Member

At this point I'm not sure that Trump's not a massive Democrat troll on Republican voters.
    :win:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,158 Senior Member
    If it gets to that point, I'll probably vote for secession, however crazy and unlikely it sounds, right now.
    Jermanator wrote: »
    The man can't even take crap from a sexy blond reporter, yet people want him with his finger on THE BUTTON? Yea, I want someone with the restraint and maturity of a 10 year old as commander in chief of our military and in charge of our nuclear arsenal. If he can't deal with Megyn Kelly, how can he deal with Vladimir Putin?

^This.
    George Carlin
    I don't have to look but tell me, What do you suggest? If you have no meaningful suggestion then you might as well get in line because that will be our choice, Trump or Hillary or Sanders maybe. Makes me no difference, I'm not voting for a DUMMY CRAP and I'm not staying home. Lots of y'all here have a lot to say about this but you have no better answer.

Trump's a blow hard braggert, he has a lot to say but not many answers of how he's plans on doing it all. But, i have heard and know what Hillary will do. At least Trump will look after business and the economy and he seems to want to do something about ISIS and the mid east. That's a lot more than Hillary or any of the Dummycrats.

I'm not voting for Trump in the primaries no way. I have a short list from which I will choose the candidate that I will vote for in the primary. But like I said, if Trump is on the ballot as the Republican party's nominee in the general election, he will get my vote.

You're so scared of Hillary? Do you honestly think she'd be worse, or have a stronger following than the guy we have now? Here's your better answer: Vote third party. At least use your vote to send a message, don't just piss it away because somebody has the proper letter in front of their name.

You understand that the only person who can hurt you more than somebody you don't trust is somebody you DO trust, right?

Sorry man, but "not as bad as" just ain't gonna cut it anymore. If the best the republicans can put up is an asshat like Trump, or Christie, or even Bush 3.0, then the party DESERVES to dry up and blow away.

I swear Mike, I think you'd vote for Hillary if she were running "R", because then she wouldn't be as bad as Sanders or whoever else the democrats nominated.
    George Carlin
    Big Chief wrote: »
    I have been sayin fer awhile the Trump phenomenon isn't going away anytime soon. Just when you think he put his foot in his mouth for the last time, he emerges with higher poll numbers. I don't disagree with most of what he says either, just curious how he plans to carry them out.

Because while the media calls it a foot in the mouth moment and tries to make an issue out of it, the average American thinks, "Finally someone said what I've been thinking for years". I'm not ready to write him off yet. I need to hear him in further debates. Interesting to have a non-PC, outside of the political machine guy running...
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Because while the media calls it a foot in the mouth moment and tries to make an issue out of it, the average American thinks, "Finally someone said what I've been thinking for years". I'm not ready to write him off yet. I need to hear him in further debates. Interesting to have a non-PC, outside of the political machine guy running...

Non-PC is great, and I do like that aspect of his persona. He says what he thinks, or at least what we want to hear somebody say. The problem I have is that As Jerm stated earlier, up until five minutes ago, this guy was playing for the other team...AND he has a 'my way or the highway' mentality, which is great for business when the person in question knows what they are doing. As a negotiator, he is without a doubt, formidable. As a statesman, I'm more than a little skeptical.

I'm concerned that he is an agent provocateur, and that his interest in running is solely a tool with which to pry voters away from an actual, qualified candidate.
    George Carlin
    coolgunguy wrote: »
    Non-PC is great, and I do like that aspect of his persona. He says what he thinks, or at least what we want to hear somebody say. The problem I have is that As Jerm stated earlier, up until five minutes ago, this guy was playing for the other team...AND he has a 'my way or the highway' mentality, which is great for business when the person in question knows what they are doing. As a negotiator, he is without a doubt, formidable. As a statesman, I'm more than a little skeptical.

I'm concerned that he is an agent provocateur, and that his interest in running is solely a tool with which to pry voters away from an actual, qualified candidate.

I understand all that and certainly respect your view. I also know that as a businessman trying to make Billions in NYC it is impossible to meet your goals without having the ruling party (NYC Democrats) on your side, so to be quite frank for that kind of money I would have been the wolf in sheep clothing amongst their midst for years too and told them everything they wanted to hear UNTIL I was powerful, wealthy and successful enough to break out. I'm not convinced that was not his strategy. They guy IS brilliant, so I will not dismiss him just because of the persona he has played on TV or in public in the past. After all I did not vote for Reagan because of the roles he played in movies, and BTW he WAS a Democrat before he saw the light. DT will get my attention just as much as all the other guys and then I will make a completely objective informed decision.
    Jermanator wrote: »

Actually that was an embarrassing moment for Fox News. Megan showed herself to be nothing but an empty headed, pretty face, TV candy and the producers should have been flogged allowing her to lead with that question. If I was Trump my answer would have been, "With all the real problems we have in this country including the threat by Isis, poverty, education issues, drugs, illegal immigration and a stagnant economy, your leading question is about a childish spat between me and a B rated celebrity that personally insulted me? Megan you don't work for the Enquirer, please behave like a serious journalist. Anyone else has a real question I can answer?". But then again Trump is not a coached, polished political automaton.
    I understand all that and certainly respect your view. I also know that as a businessman trying to make Billions in NYC it is impossible to meet your goals without having the ruling party (NYC Democrats) on your side, so to be quite frank for that kind of money I would have been the wolf in sheep clothing amongst their midst for years too and told them everything they wanted to hear UNTIL I was powerful, wealthy and successful enough to break out. I'm not convinced that was not his strategy. They guy IS brilliant, so I will not dismiss him just because of the persona he has played on TV or in public in the past. After all I did not vote for Reagan because of the roles he played in movies, and BTW he WAS a Democrat before he saw the light. DT will get my attention just as much as all the other guys and then I will make a completely objective informed decision.

I can respect that, even as I question your wisdom! :roll2::wink:
    Actually that was an embarrassing moment for Fox News. Megan showed herself to be nothing but an empty headed, pretty face, TV candy and the producers should have been flogged allowing her to lead with that question. If I was Trump my answer would have been, "With all the real problems we have in this country including the threat by Isis, poverty, education issues, drugs, illegal immigration and a stagnant economy, your leading question is about a childish spat between me and a B rated celebrity that personally insulted me? Megan you don't work for the Enquirer, please behave like a serious journalist. Anyone else has a real question I can answer?". But then again Trump is not a coached, polished political automaton.

That is how he handled the reporter from Univison, and pretty well, too.
    George Carlin
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 6,227 Senior Member
    Trump's a loose cannon. The real problem with that is I don't know if he's going to shoot left or right. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. He scare me as much or more than any of the dems, including Hillary. Hillary is dishonest and corrupt, and would probably adopt Obama's policy of letting the crazies run roughshod over the rest of the world while the US "leads from behind". With Trump, though, we might have someone who is not only dishonest and corrupt, but crazy enough to push the button and turn the planet into one giant ball of ash. I could be wrong, and hope I am, but that's what scares me about the Donald.

As for a Trump/Biden debate, forget the spandex. That's just more than I could watch. Besides, clown suits would be much more appropriate.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
    coolgunguy wrote: »
    I can respect that, even as I question your wisdom! :roll2::wink:

You can question my wisdom (hell everyone does :tooth:) but you can't argue with the Donald's success :cool2:
    True enough, he do what he do...and he do it good too.
    George Carlin
    JerryBobCo wrote: »
    Trump's a loose cannon. The real problem with that is I don't know if he's going to shoot left or right. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. He scare me as much or more than any of the dems, including Hillary. Hillary is dishonest and corrupt, and would probably adopt Obama's policy of letting the crazies run roughshod over the rest of the world while the US "leads from behind". With Trump, though, we might have someone who is not only dishonest and corrupt, but crazy enough to push the button and turn the planet into one giant ball of ash. I could be wrong, and hope I am, but that's what scares me about the Donald.
    While I'm not worried about Trump pushing the button, his sways politically and his actions give me pause because I don't know what he's going to do. Hilary, Sanders, Biden: you know what they stand for and even a fair amount of how they will try and accomplish it. Not so with Trump, and that, to me, is more dangerous.
    Overkill is underrated.
    JerryBobCo wrote: »

As for a Trump/Biden debate, forget the spandex. That's just more than I could watch. Besides, clown suits would be much more appropriate.

DT might be ruthless and a little bit of a loose cannon but I do not believe he is corrupt. As far as I know his business dealings have never been brought into question and I know folks that know him personally and others that know his kids and everyone says he's as straight as an arrow and a real hardass, stickler for doing things right.

And now I'll drop off. I don't want to become the DT apologist in the forum. I just think he deserves an unbiased, objective shot at the prize just like anyone else and probably more than a few others in the race. If the primary was DT and the Jersey Boy, I'd trip all over myself voting for DT.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 17,631 Senior Member
    Sometimes a loose cannon can be a good thing - it clears the decks in a hurry!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."