Home Main Category Clubhouse

Cameraman and journalist shot and killed during live broadcast in VA

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 32,995 Senior Member
http://www.realradio.fm/onair/the-news-junkie-50156/gunshots-ring-out-during-live-news-13889462/

Cameraman and journalist shot and killed during live broadcast in VA. My :angel2::angel2: to their families. Heartbreaking.

Scroll down and click on video.
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Pic of shooter on front page of Drudge. Can't tell what type/model of gun, though.

I hope the SOB is stupid enough to pull it on cops..........disgruntled worker????

http://drudgereport.com/
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,493 Senior Member
    Boy, gun grabbing **** Va. Gov Terry McAuliffe was on TV whining about gun control and background checks already. They don't wait long before trying to exploit any tragic murder for political purposes. Facts are not even known yet, as usual.

Cops chasing suspect on Interstate.
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,611 Senior Member
    Missed BC's thread...:bang:
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
    coolgunguy wrote: »
    Missed BC's thread...:bang:

No problem, Mods please merge threads, mine with his or his with mine, makes no difference to me. Thanx.
    Big Chief wrote: »
    Boy, gun grabbing **** Va. Gov Terry McAuliffe was on TV whining about gun control and background checks already. They don't wait long before trying to exploit any tragic murder for political purposes. Facts are not even known yet, as usual.

Cops chasing suspect on Interstate.

He sure didn't waste any time did he? Never let a crisis go to waste, I guess:roll:
    George Carlin
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,973 Senior Member
    Dang!

That's a snuff film, sadly.

D
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
    Apparently authorities have released the name of the suspect, I won't post it here, but he has posted to twitter a POV video of the shooting and has also allegedly made statements there as to his motives.

As I said in the other thread, the likelihood of this NOT ending in a hail of gunfire is almost non existent.

Edited to add: Apparently, VSP are now saying there is no pursuit, it seems maybe the esteemed governor spoke out of turn about that. The shooter is allegedly a former on-air personality of the same TV station.
    George Carlin
    All done. He took the easy way out.

He claimed that the female reporter used racial slurs against him and that the cameraman worked with him once, but wouldn't work with him after that.

Edited to add: Removed the scumbag's name from the post. Even though it's all over the news, I figure I don't need to contribute to this idiot's 'fame'.
    George Carlin
  • TxwheelsTxwheels Member Posts: 151 Member
    The individual that did that, is the type that just needs to be shot on sight. No sense whatsoever in spending money to incarcerate him!
    If I don't answer the phone, I'm probably in the Senate taking a POTUS and wiping my Congress
    He had caused trouble about everyplace he worked. Said he was mistreated and they were racist. Made a lot of unfounded HR complaints. Worked in Midland TX/SF/Savannah GA and other places.
    He (suspect) is still alive and in critical condition.
    Man, more and more keeps coming out about this demented individual.

ABC News (somewhere?) says they received a 20 page manifesto or complaints from someone claiming to be him last night.
    He had caused trouble about everyplace he worked. Said he was mistreated and they were racist. Made a lot of unfounded HR complaints. Worked in Midland TX/SF/Savannah GA and other places.

Station manager says "Vester was an unhappy man"...Sounds to me like this was one of those folks that EVERYBODY hates to work with. I believe he also said, in an earlier interview, that he wasn't surprised to hear Flanagan was the suspect.

My earlier comment about the governor speaking too soon...it seems that I may have spoken too soon myself. The pursuit may have been over and done with at that point...
    George Carlin
    Police were called when he was fired and he came back to clean out his desk at that station. Habitual workplace troublemaker always claiming some injustice was done to him everyplace he worked.
  • olesniperolesniper Senior Member Posts: 3,763 Senior Member
    He (suspect) is still alive and in critical condition.

That's just dandy. Scumbag will probably end up a veggie and the state will have to spend a million bucks a year to keep the guy on life support, paying a nurse to water him twice a day and change his diaper.
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
    I will fear no evil: For I carry a .308 and not a .270
    olesniper wrote: »
    That's just dandy. Scumbag will probably end up a veggie and the state will have to spend a million bucks a year to keep the guy on life support, paying a nurse to water him twice a day and change his diaper.

Nope, just reported he is dead. His manifesto stated he bought the gun two days after the racist idiot did the latest church shooting. Carved the initials of those victims in his bullets...I suppose as a form of 'justice'.
    George Carlin
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,663 Senior Member
    coolgunguy wrote: »
    Nope, just reported he is dead.
    Good!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    He was also reported to be a homosexual who said/claimed he was mistreated at work because of that and being black.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,395 Senior Member
    Another nut with a gun causing death and making people froth at the mouth for more gun control. People jump the trolley on a regular basis; they are the problem. The guns are just a tool to carry out their plan for their 15 minutes of fame on TV. He could have used a butcher knife or sword and done just as much damage, and no one would be calling for knife or sword control. Just more of the demonizing of the tool and letting the demon who caused the mayhem off on that technicality.

:angel2: Prayers for the families of the reporter and cameraman.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,915 Senior Member
    The guy could have been Obama's cousin
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • LanceLance Member Posts: 149 Member
    Spending your entire life looking around for things to be offended by must be a terrible way to live.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,663 Senior Member
    Lance wrote: »
    Spending your entire life looking around for things to be offended by must be a terrible way to live.
    :that::agree:
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,395 Senior Member
    Just read part of his 'manifesto'. That guy was more screwed up than a left handed acme thread wingnut. Some of his heroes were the VA Tech shooter and Dillon and Kliebold from the Colorado shooting. Saying he was a real piece of work doesn't begin to cover it.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,713 Senior Member
    Alison did her internship after college at our local TV station and was well liked and did real get to the bottom of it Reporting.

This is very shocking.

:angel2::angel2:
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 6,244 Senior Member
    He filmed HIMSELF shooting her with a camera phone. Just saw the video.
  • avmechavmech Senior Member Posts: 856 Senior Member
    Lance wrote: »

They call themselves progressives

:angel2: for the two families
    NRA Benefactor Member
    Buffco wrote: »
    He filmed HIMSELF shooting her with a camera phone. Just saw the video.

Saw it too. They may have noticed him (movement, etc) out of the corner of their eyes, but to watch him point the gun and they don't even notice it there...I don't mind saying that I wish I hadn't watched it.
    George Carlin
  • shootbrownelkshootbrownelk Senior Member Posts: 2,035 Senior Member
    From what I've heard about him and the people he worked with, everyone must have known this guy was mentally ill. Yet no one did anything about it. No word from the guy's family, if he had one. There is one sick SOB that Sharpton should be condemning right now. I hate crime pure and simple. Where is the outrage?