Home Main Category Clubhouse

Continued improvement for my girl

tubabucknuttubabucknut BannedPosts: 3,520 Senior Member
Big improvements over the last month. There has been an 70% reduction in demand for supplemental oxygen. Continued improvement in gross, and fine motor. Her resting heart rate has dropped by 30 bpm. This is a sign of improvement in her hyper tension, and the closing of the hole in her heart. We are still holding out hope that surgery will not be required. Here is hoping for continued good news. I will post more when there is more to post.

Replies

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    :angel2::angel2: For her continued health improvements.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • bhl2506bhl2506 Senior Member Posts: 1,942 Senior Member
    :angel2::angel2:
    Refusing to conform to the left wing mantra of political correctness by insisting on telling the truth does not make you a loud mouth.
  • tubabucknuttubabucknut Banned Posts: 3,520 Senior Member
    Thanks guys. Happy household here.
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,096 Senior Member
    Glad to hear :angel:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,667 Senior Member
    Oh thank {insert favorite deity here}!!! :angel2:
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 6,083 Senior Member
    Wonderful news.

My daughters had that same book. They destroyed it.
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
    zorba wrote: »
    Oh thank {insert favorite deity here}!!! :angel2:
    :beer:It is all good Zorba. Whether you worship the same God as I, or not, I have always appreciated the kind regards you have given my girl.
    Wonderful news.

My daughters had that same book. They destroyed it.
    Thanks Farm Boy. With my daughter being blind, books such as these are a must. It is always a pleasure to see her enjoy an experience like this.
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,128 Senior Member
    Excellent news! She sure is a little cutie.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,611 Senior Member
    Jermanator wrote: »
    Excellent news! She sure is a little cutie.

^this. Outstanding news!
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 2,659 Senior Member
    Prayers continuing for your little one :angel2::angel2:
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,667 Senior Member
    :beer:It is all good Zorba. Whether you worship the same God as I, or not, I have always appreciated the kind regards you have given my girl.

Speaking for myself, I don't care what God, Gods, Goddess, Goddesses, Angels, whatevers, or whatever elses a person follows, believes in, worships, whatever. I always welcome blessings, prayers, good wishes, etc - regardless. I see you do too! That's the way it should be.

I cannot imagine the angst you're going through. Being a parent - and now a grand parent - myself, I 'know the drill'. Bright Blessings and Prayers for your little girl! :angel2:
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 6,462 Senior Member
    Great news!! Thank you for sharing. We will continue to pray.
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
  • FreezerFreezer Senior Member Posts: 1,756 Senior Member
    That is such great news! Prayers continue.
    I like Elmer Keith; I married his daughter :wink:
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 8,111 Senior Member
    Excellent news. Keep us posted.
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,636 Senior Member
    Have still been praying and will continue:angel2::angel2:
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • DanChamberlainDanChamberlain Senior Member Posts: 3,395 Senior Member
    You have my thoughts and prayers.
    It's a source of great pride for me, that when my name is googled, one finds book titles and not mug shots. Daniel C. Chamberlain
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 8,149 Senior Member
    That's awesome news, man. Here's to her continued recovery! :beer:
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 11,743 Senior Member
    Glad she's improving. God bless her little heart and make it strong.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    Tuba, when my youngest boy was born he got very sick. They had him in an oxygen tent and the oxygen addition got up to the 90% range. I thought he wasn't going to make it. Then the pediatrician on the case had to go out of town, and a young Indian doctor got put on his case. This Indian doc let things be for two days, then he came in on Sunday morning and stayed with my son for about an hour. When he came out he me that my son was worse and that he recommended taking him to Corpus Christi Post haste in an ambulance to the Texas Children's hospital. Of course we didn't argue with him and it didn't take long and he was on his way. The doc authorized the ambulance to go with all possible speed. The wife and I followed.

I remember that drive. We both were in shock and had tears in our eyes. The ambulance beat us there by about 20 minutes. The doc on the case was another Indian and he was one of the head pediatricians at the hospital. By the time we got there he had already seen our son and he met us in the hallway and took us in his office. Back in Victoria, the doc had diagnosed him with Highland Membrane Disease, which is a condition where the lungs lack a surfactant on them to keep them fully inflated and working properly. Highland Membrane Disease was fatal in many cases. But this doc, Ramacrisna, told us he would be trying some antibiotics, just as a precautionary move. Well we were ready for anything that might work after all week watching nothing work.

I remember when we first got there seeing my son's oxygen addition percentage readout was still above 90%. Then we went to get something to eat. We were gone a little over an hour, but when we came back the Oxygen was down a couple percentage points. Well, I had been fooled before and didn't let myself get excited over that. But then by 11 o'clock that night his Oxygen addition was down to 80 and falling. By the next morning it was in the 60s. The doc came in that morning and told us that it seemed he didn't have Highland Membrane Disease after all, and it looked like a simple case of Pneumonia instead, which the anti biotics were taking care of. By the next morning our son was out of the woods. We were so relieved. I think back on this and if that doc hadn't sent us to Corpus, my son may have died due to pneumonia, which could have been treated, all because of a misdiagnosis. It's funny how things work out.,

I tell you this so that you know that i have been in a similar boat with you. Of course it didn't last near as long as your experience has but I still experienced those same feelings of helplessness hopelessness and dispair. And I also know that when you see an improvement there's no greater feeling of relief and guarded optimism. I look back on that couple weeks in my life and I feel truly grateful to God and the docs.

About 14 years later, both my sons and I were at a scout camp for a weekend down close to Corpus Christi. And who was there but Doctor Ramacrisna with his son. I remember introducing both my sons to him and I told the youngest, "This is the man that saved your life!" That doc is quite a guy and I have run into him since. He never forgets my name. Also the doctor that sent us down there turned out to be one of Doc Ramacrisna's protege's, Doctor Yogesh Dhingra. These two guys saved my son's life.

Anyway, hang in their Brother, and We will keep the prayers coming. :angel2::angel2::angel2:
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 16,928 Senior Member
    Prayer continue from our family to yours...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 3,893 Senior Member
    She is an angel and obviously has one on her shoulder.

Sako
    Thanks to each of you for the thoughts and prayers.

Snake, thanks for sharing your story as well. The right doctor, at the right time, can make all the difference.
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,922 Senior Member
    First of all Thank You for an update that has not only lifted your homes spirits but mine as well. We send well wishes for you and yours.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • KSU FirefighterKSU Firefighter Senior Member Posts: 3,249 Senior Member
    Excellent! Prayers for continued improvement!!
    The fire service needs a "culture of extinguishment not safety" Ray McCormack FDNY
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    Thanks to each of you for the thoughts and prayers.

Snake, thanks for sharing your story as well. The right doctor, at the right time, can make all the difference.

Thanks Tuba. And our prayers will keep flowing. That girl will grow into a very beautiful woman some day, and she will look back and remember a wonderful father and family whose faith, prayers, and support got her there.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • BarrydBarryd Member Posts: 194 Member
    Great news!! Continued prayers.
    Barry