2»

Replies

• Ernie BishopErnie Bishop Senior Member Posts: 7,100 Senior Member
    That was a pretty awesome response!:rotflmao:
    Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"
    Ha!
    This will reduce my 308's to one F-TR (F-Class) rifle. Which I keep for Sebastian to use when he is here.
    Technically that is not true as I do have a TR 308 Win barrel for my F-Open rifle-Never have used it yet though.
    Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 9,599 Senior Member
    I never really got the hunting bug until there was a frost or two to put a nip in the air and knock down the bugs............. don't see that happening in Florida.
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
    In Gillette we have had lows of 34 and 37 degrees this month-Cooler lows than normal even for us. Yesterday were in the mid-90's...go figure.
    jbp-ohio wrote: »
    I never really got the hunting bug until there was a frost or two to put a nip in the air and knock down the bugs............. don't see that happening in Florida.
    Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"
  • woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Senior Member Posts: 2,725 Senior Member
    Glad that all y'all get a big kick out of hunting! Guess I did, too, but after a lifetime of working in the woods in timber and wildlife management projects, I don't care a darn about hunting any longer.....other than squirrel hunting with my little .32cal Southern Mountain Flintlock Rifle! Don't mind hooking a few squirrels on my over-the-shoulder game carrier, but the day is long past when I'll drag another deer, hog or bear out of the woods! Never intend to do that again as long as Publix Supermarket sells grain-fed beef!
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,930 Senior Member
    Glad that all y'all get a big kick out of hunting! Guess I did, too, but after a lifetime of working in the woods in timber and wildlife management projects, I don't care a darn about hunting any longer.....other than squirrel hunting with my little .32cal Southern Mountain Flintlock Rifle! Don't mind hooking a few squirrels on my over-the-shoulder game carrier, but the day is long past when I'll drag another deer, hog or bear out of the woods! Never intend to do that again as long as Publix Supermarket sells grain-fed beef!

Grain fed beef has its place in my heart for sure, but so does venison. That's my main reason for hunting. Nothing like some fried back strap with biscuits and gravy.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,987 Senior Member
    Ordered my duck hunting shot shells today.
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 7,413 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    Project build a deer stand from the kids swing set will commence Saturday. Should be a 4x8 foot platform 8 feet high.
    You still thinking about going snow goose hunting this season? I want to make sure we work you into the plans way in advance if so. God willing, I can break away from work and make it happen again, and you really aren't insanely far away from where we will be.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 15,351 Senior Member
    Six-Gun wrote: »
    God willing, I can break away from work and make it happen again
    If you wouldn't mind my company, keep me in the loop on that. I am not making promises, but I would love to go.
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 15,351 Senior Member
    You can't forget him. Wherever I go, he is right behind me!
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 7,413 Senior Member
    I see what you did there...

Seriously, Jerm, I'll keep you posted, too.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
    Love the dynamics here!
    Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 20,780 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    It's a good place. Good folks. I just wish some folks lived closer. Not all. Some. :tooth:

As long as you're down wind.
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 20,780 Senior Member

The only meat I buy at a store is lunch meat for the kids, fish at times, and the occasional poultry. The rest is wild game I take through the year.
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
    Steel shotshells came today
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
    Jermanator wrote: »
    You can't forget him.Wherever I go, he is right behind me!

That's probably a good thing...

What's Buttjerm calling? The only thing Buttsnake could call up would be Buzzards, the only thing that could possibly take the smell...:rotflmao:
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    When I hunted out of Uvalde back in 88-89, I hunted out of a tower blind. It was 25 feet tall and looked like a small drilling derrick. One morning after a late night of drinking I went out there and climbed up. I got to feeling so bad I laid down and went to sleep. I don't know how long I was asleep, but a whole heard of monster deer probably walked right under me, knowing my luck. As I'm up there sawing logs a very loud vibrating noise woke me up. I got up and right out in front of me is a Big Old B-52 going by as slow as he could no doubt remain airborn. I could see the pilot and copilot looking my way. It was so loud the whole tower was vibrating. After they got to my left side, west, they poured the coal to it and started climbing and got the hell out of Dodge. I went back to sleep. Then about 15-20 minutes later he came back for another pass heading the other way. He was just as low and close as he was the first pass. I never saw a deer that morning, but it was an interesting morning just the same. I really didn't realize a B-52 could fly that slow. I didn't notice but I bet he had Full Flaps.
    12 days to tree rat season,, don't know if I can take the strain; though it may be a bit hot still.
    Elk season opens tomorrow!!!
    Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"