Home Main Category Hunting

Very cool improvement on the prussik knot safety rope

Six-GunSix-Gun Senior MemberPosts: 8,155 Senior Member
I needed another full length safety rope for a hang-on treestand that I put up on base yesterday. While shopping, I came across this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00QQNVDVA/ref=abs_brd_tag_dp?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

The idea of putting reflective material in the line is simple yet ingenious. A quick scan with your headlamp turns the whole length of the rope into a glowing beacon in the dark. That's a nice way to highlight you treestand when you're otherwise fumbling around in dark woods. Even better, they added the rubber dumbbell carabineer housing to silence the clip when it bumps the stand or the clips. It's only a few dollars more than the regular, commercially available rope systems that I've seen on the market and actually gives some incentive for folks who are still insane enough to go into a treestand without a harness. They're cool enough that I may end up buying a 3-pack and overhauling my entire stand lineup!
Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.

Replies

• Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 8,155 Senior Member
    Anything that makes finding that danged stand in the dark that much easier is a welcome innovation. Doing that andconbining it with a pre-existing safety item is priceless.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.