Obama to rename Mt. McKinley to 'Denali' during Alaska trip that focuses on climate c

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 32,995 Senior Member
What else will this clown screw up before he leaves office? :angry: :angry:

History is history.

Oh well, at least I haven't seen any streets named Barrack or the Hussein
City Center. I vote a sewage treatment plant someplace should be named Obama. :tooth:


Obama to rename Mt. McKinley to 'Denali' during Alaska trip that focuses on climate change

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/08/30/obama-to-rename-mt-mckinley-to-denali-during-alaska-trip-that-focuses-on/?intcmp=hpbt1
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
«1

Replies

  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 19,592 Senior Member
    Actually, a nearby town has an "Obama Way" - but its always named after the current president.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

    "If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 8,743 Senior Member
    Eh, had seen something about this a while back. Native groups from the area had been lobbying to have to original name restored for years. Seems to make more sense than naming after a president who never even visited the state (well territory at that time)
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
  • alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 8,743 Senior Member
    [video]
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Think of the cost to change all the maps, books and signs, plus confusion asking fer directions ..yep how to get there you say. Well Mt. Denali formerly known as Mt. McKinley until a BS artist named Obammy had it changed......................is yonder way.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • LanceLance Member Posts: 149 Member
    Eh, had seen something about this a while back. Native groups from the area had been lobbying to have to original name restored for years. Seems to make more sense than naming after a president who never even visited the state (well territory at that time)

    Fair enough, but you damn well everyone under twenty will ask:

    "Why did they name the mountain after a car?"
  • avmechavmech Senior Member Posts: 858 Senior Member
    Riviera Beach, just down the road, famous for the cop that was taped yelling at a disabled vet parked in a handicapped spot, just voted last week to change Old Dixie Hwy to Barrack Hussein Obama Blvd........................spearheaded by the mayor, Bishop Thomas Masters (D). (What happened to all those Dems crying for separation of church and state???)
    NRA Benefactor Member
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,651 Senior Member
    Historically, when there is a new presidential decree from this jerk that outrages the teeming masses, it is just another bait and switch that directs the sound bite peons away from some more sinister action that he doesn't want to talk about. He has probably just shipped a hundred pounds of weapons grade plutonium to whichever tin-pot dictator he is currently horny for.
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,689 Senior Member
    Eh, had seen something about this a while back. Native groups from the area had been lobbying to have to original name restored for years. Seems to make more sense than naming after a president who never even visited the state (well territory at that time)

    This.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
    .
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Lance wrote: »
    Fair enough, but you damn well everyone under twenty will ask:

    "Why did they name the mountain after a car?"

    Well, McKinley was the first US president to ride in a car :roll2::roll2:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 7,040 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    I vote a sewage treatment plant someplace should be named Obama.

    Why would you name that which cleans it up, after that which spews it out?
    WWJMBD?

    "Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    Of all th things to give a about, this isn't one.

    Well, apparently they (some Alaskans) have been lobbying since 1975 to get the name changed so it ain't like Obammy had an original idy here, trust me he only did it to make points and get a bigger audience to spew his Global Warming/Climate Change agenda.

    Hey, McKinley gave us TR, by default, I reckon. :yikes:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Bigslug wrote: »
    Why would you name that which cleans it up, after that which spews it out?

    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :spittingcoffee:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,147 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    ..........Oh well, at least I haven't seen any streets named Barrack or the Hussein City Center............

    Actually just after the blowhole was elected, the Orlando City Council renamed a street "President Barack Obama Boulevard." Longest street sign I ever saw.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 15,055 Senior Member
    It was Denali long before it was Mt. McKinley....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • prozium451prozium451 Member Posts: 130 Member
    NBD
    cpj wrote: »
    Besides when she starts complaining, you just tell her to shut up and bake you a pie! Thats what I do.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    It was Denali long before it was Mt. McKinley....

    And America was called something else long before European explorers .........this could go on and on and on..............
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • twatwa Senior Member Posts: 2,231 Senior Member
    As arrogant as our president is, we are lucky he is not changing it to MT. Obama.
  • TxwheelsTxwheels Member Posts: 151 Member
    It's a big pile of dirt and rocks. Who gives a rat's butt what it's name is!
    If I don't answer the phone, I'm probably in the Senate taking a POTUS and wiping my Congress
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,626 Senior Member
    It is Mt. McKinley. I will always refer to it as such. And Pluto is a planet. And it's a Brontosaurus, not an Apatosaurus. Yes, paleontologists are coming around to recognizing both as separate species of Sauropods. And Sri Lanka is Ceylon, Myanmar is Burma, Beijing is Peking, HoChiMinhCity is Saigon, Zimbabwe is Rhodesia, and there's only 2 kinds of Indians - friendlies and hostiles. The ones who want to fool with Mt. McKinley are obviously hostiles. A "Denali" is gussied up GMC truck.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,967 Senior Member
    Txwheels wrote: »
    It's a big pile of dirt and rocks. Who gives a rat's butt what it's name is!
    Well, there millions of maps, mapping programs, and encyclopedias that will have to be updated
    job producing change I guess.
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,106 Senior Member
    Maybe they should call it Mt. Deathtrap if one considers all the fools that try to climb it without proper equipment and end up frozen, buried in an avalanche, or have to have a HUGE expensive rescue party to find their worthless carcasses and bring them out.
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.



  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,457 Senior Member
    Apparently ISIS, the economy and racial tensions across the country have all been fixed? :uhm:
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,607 Senior Member
    NN wrote: »
    Well, there millions of maps, mapping programs, and encyclopedias that will have to be updated
    job producing change I guess.
    Yep. A million eraser ready jobs.
  • tubabucknuttubabucknut Banned Posts: 3,520 Senior Member
    This is much ado about nothing. It smells of being upset just because it was Obama. If this had been a Republican, then this would be the exact discussion on a lib board. The man is a tool, but not everything he does is some nefarious plot to steel you life, liberty, and happiness.

    As to the map thing, you simply go into the program code, and hit backspace until Mckinley disappears, and then you type Denali. They update maps, and mapping software all the time.

    Now could we please get back to being concerned about a real problem.
    It's because I hate Trump.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,101 Senior Member
    Sometimes I wonder if the politicians on both sides of the aisle don't intentionally generate "controversy" to keep the voting public distracted from what they're doing.

    For instance... the trip is not to rename the mountain, that's incidental. What other policy issues is the President forwarding while he's on the trip? Ones that might, you know, affect everyone.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,651 Senior Member
    That was my point, but it sounds more reasonable when you say it. :jester:
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,101 Senior Member
    Actually, I overlooked your point. My apologies.

    I am wondering if this administration is using the hatred of some folks to its advantage. We talk about misdirection and changing perceptions to distract and dissuade during concealed carry. Wonder if that applies to politics?
    Overkill is underrated.
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,457 Senior Member
    You accuse an innocent man of political judo? For shame.

    In truth, I think policy maskirovka is this administration's (likely others, too) default position.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,259 Senior Member
    ........For instance... the trip is not to rename the mountain, that's incidental............

    I'm just going to leave this here.

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-34109681

    "US President Barack Obama will trek through the wilderness in Alaska this week with British TV adventurer Bear Grylls, the NBC channel has announced.

    He is due to tape an episode of Running Wild with Bear Grylls to observe the effects of climate change on the area, it said."

    cjp wrote: »..... Oh dear God, I've admitted to liking something Limey.I'll never hear the end of this.

    Jayhawker wrote: »...But seriously Shush....

    Big Chief wrote: ».........walking around with a greasy butt ain't no fun, though!

     


     

Sign In or Register to comment.
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Guns & Ammo stories delivered right to your inbox every week.