School me on supplies for my first all day hunt and camp in the woods alone.

2»

Replies

• JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 6,472 Senior Member
    Having spent up to 42 nights straight through in the woods in a tent on a wildlife study project (though my pick-up was close by), I can say that the LESS you have to keep up with, the better off you will be. With a little practice you'll find that you really don't need much!

If you really want to go minimalistic, just take a mirror. Then, when you're somewhere in the woods and can't figure out how to get back to camp, just look in the mirror and see who's lost.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,660 Senior Member
    Fisheadgib wrote: »
    Well, how did last weekends hunting and camping trip work out?

Hmm. If he does not post back, should we send a search party, and assume he did not pack the needed supplies?
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 6,472 Senior Member
    bullsi1911 wrote: »
    Hmm. If he does not post back, should we send a search party, and assume he did not pack the needed supplies?

Did anyone tell him to take his lap top?

Darn!
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 4,422 Senior Member
    A mile and a half from the car?

Me.....I'd take...........boolits, gun...............maybe a flashlight and a knife in case I got lucky.

Mike
    Decisions have consequences, not everything in life gets an automatic mulligan.
    KSU Firefighter
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 10,717 Senior Member
    Linefinder wrote: »
    A mile and a half from the car?

Me.....I'd take...........boolits, gun...............maybe a flashlight and a knife in case I got lucky.

Mike

Hide the Wimmin Folk!
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,539 Senior Member
    Maybe with the new, higher paying job that he started a week ago, he couldn't get the time off?:confused:
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • ghostsniper1ghostsniper1 Banned Posts: 2,645 Senior Member
    Fisheadgib wrote: »
    Maybe with the new, higher paying job that he started a week ago, he couldn't get the time off?:confused:
    Close as to the reason I haven't had much time on the web but the weather didn't permit me to go out last weekend. It was in the low 90's and humid as hell that day and then poured rain in the evening and all night. Definitely wouldn't have been a good time. I have to work tomorrow morning but I still may go after work at least.
  • shootbrownelkshootbrownelk Senior Member Posts: 2,017 Senior Member
    BigDanS wrote: »
    Try no fire... really!

D

Out here in Wyoming, critters are used to smelling wood burning. They don't seem to have any fear or avoidance of a wood fire. That's been my experience here anyway. Tobacco smoke is an entirely different thing....
2»