I will just leave this here and say... DANG!

BigDanSBigDanS Senior MemberPosts: 6,788 Senior Member
"A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:

Replies

• Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 6,083 Senior Member
    Someone please shoot that genetic freak. I am so glad that whitetail deer have become the industry they have, that will assure deer to hunt for my children.

I am also so freaking over the commercialization of a damn walking steak.
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 14,829 Senior Member
    There is a place down the road a bit that grows deer like that..literally, they are freaks....and you will pay 7K for a "cull buck" and upwards of 20K for a trophy....honestly, I'd be kinda scared to eat something like that....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • ghostsniper1ghostsniper1 Banned Posts: 2,645 Senior Member
    Incest or genetic engineering??? Gotta be one or the other.
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 20,564 Senior Member
    The ranch I cull deer off of............just spent $18,000 on a sire buck to breed the 8 does they spent $6,000 each on. And bought 4 young "potential" bucks for $4,000 each.

The owner doesn't even book hunts. This place is just for him, his friends, and business clients. No paid hunts.

Some folks got more money than sense.

I'll be content to cull his does and trash bucks for free.
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,657 Senior Member
    Zee wrote: »
    I'll be content to cull his does and trash bucks for free.
    :that:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 20,564 Senior Member
    He keeps all those bought deer in a 6 acre pen and turns the yearlings (or however old they are) loose into the rest of the ranch to spread the genes.
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 15,045 Senior Member
    What makes those deer cool is finding them wild in nature. Bred? Meh. That is just shooting livestock. There is nothing really wrong that, but it is what it is.
    cpj wrote: »
    It's impressive, but doesn't do a damn thing for me. When you can select the deer you want online, know it's birthdate and sire and dam, that's BS to me.
    Umm Pierre, from looking at their site, I gathered that they sell "stud" deer for you to use to improve your deer heard with.
    I don't believe it's a hunting outfit, but I could be mistaken :uhm:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

knitepoet wrote: »
    I don't believe it's a hunting outfit, but I could be mistaken :uhm:
    From their "About Us" section
    We have satisfied deer breeders from many states and our deer are perfect for hunting preserves because they are raised in a natural open environment.
    however the last part makes me believe they also sell some for the big $bucks$ preserves :uhm:

• shootbrownelkshootbrownelk Senior Member Posts: 2,017 Senior Member
    Zee wrote: »
    He keeps all those bought deer in a 6 acre pen and turns the yearlings (or however old they are) loose into the rest of the ranch to spread the genes.

They also spread any diseases they may have to the native deer. That's how CWD spread, from "Deer farms". Those deer and elk farms will be the ruination not the salvation of America's deer. JMO