Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Jeb is one of the only Republican candidates who does not own a gun

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 32,995 Senior Member
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/us-election/11847979/Jeb-Bush-is-one-of-the-only-Republican-candidates-who-does-not-own-a-gun.html

Jeb, Fat Boy don't and, at least, Carly's husband owns 6.

Might be as good a metric as any to measure them.
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 6,083 Senior Member
    Owning and knowing how to use are two completely different things.
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 7,946 Senior Member
    6? That's being barely familiar. :hand:
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Owning and knowing how to use are two completely different things.

And on the flip side one could say not owning one, but knowing how to use one are different too. Like some active and retired military and police.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    6? That's being barely familiar. :hand:

Yeah, I agree and get your drift, but then on the other hand I know some that only own one or two that are almost fanatically PRO 2A.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    And probably better shots. I know when I was less financially secure I owned one, and used it for everything.
    Yep, like they used to say.......... beware of the man who only owns one gun because the SOB probably knows how to use it!
  • pjames777pjames777 Senior Member Posts: 1,421 Senior Member
    He should ask Cheney for some skeet lessons.
    And probably better shots. I know when I was less financially secure I owned one, and used it for everything.

Hahaha, me too! Something to do with that old saying about Necessity being the mother of invention or something on that order. When that's all ya got you go with what brung ya. And when that's all you have you concentrate more effort into that one.
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,813 Senior Member
    My experience has been that the more I obsess on acquiring the equipment, the less I use it. :silly:
    But seriously, I don't give a Rat's Ass how many they own or if they even know which end the projectile comes out. As long as the Politicians I help vote into office defend not only my 2A rights but all my rights guaranteed under the U.S. Constitution fervently, I'm happy with them.

However, I know that the Bush family has traditionally hunted down here around Refugio, the small town where my Gun Smith has his shop. The O'Connors, the Braimens (However you spell that name), and other ultra rich Texans have ranches all over that country and George HW used to hunt there a lot. And I would imagine he brought his boys along many times. So Jeb is no stranger to firearms.
    Operative word here is "probably", and you actually have to use it to become proficient.
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I've met enough LEOs with only one gun that could not shoot their way out of a paper bag... Owning one guitar or 100 of them does not make you a musician...

In NYC :tooth:
    What was it, 84 shots, ONE hit on the latest shootout?!?!?!?!?

Yep, I'd be ashamed if I couldn't hit a bull in the ass with a base fiddle. They need remedial training on the range and they should make them do some of it on their off days on their time.
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 8,364 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/us-election/11847979/Jeb-Bush-is-one-of-the-only-Republican-candidates-who-does-not-own-a-gun.html

Jeb, Fat Boy don't and, at least, Carly's husband owns 6.

Might be as good a metric as any to measure them.

Maybe they should at least buy a double barrelled shotgun................you know, the ones you shoot off your balcony to scare the bad guys away. That way, they are at least following party policy.............

Wait, they don't belong to that Party you say? You could have fooled me.
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,632 Senior Member
    What was it, 84 shots, ONE hit on the latest shootout?!?!?!?!?

Nope. All 84 of those shots hit...something.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin