Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

I think I like Ben Carson the best

2»

Replies

  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,871 Senior Member
    Look at the original post of this thread. You say you won't vote for who you want to, but who you think has a better chance of winning because of who's more electable.

    That's the status quo that's gotten us where we are. People voted for McCain because he was electable. Same with Romney. Not because they were folks' first choice. Then lamented not having a true conservative in the running. How'd that work our?
    I'm just here for snark.
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 12,575 Senior Member
    I'm voting for who I don't like least. My ideal candidate probably doesn't exist and if he/she did, they wouldn't be elected based on my vote. Sometimes you have to take one for the team.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    Gene L wrote: »
    I'm voting for who I don't like least. My ideal candidate probably doesn't exist and if he/she did, they wouldn't be elected based on my vote. Sometimes you have to take one for the team.

    Exactly.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,982 Senior Member
    I'm going out on a limb and predicting that neither Carson or Fiorina win the nomination, but one of them joins the winner as VP.
    Let's hope if that's the case, that Carson gets the VP slot, and Fiorina drys up and blows away.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

    "If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    Look at the original post of this thread. You say you won't vote for who you want to, but who you think has a better chance of winning because of who's more electable.

    That's the status quo that's gotten us where we are. People voted for McCain because he was electable. Same with Romney. Not because they were folks' first choice. Then lamented not having a true conservative in the running. How'd that work our?

    Wait a minute! Are you saying you think Carson is Status Quo?

    NO way JOSE!!! Not even close. Not near my idea of status quo.

    And besides, Carson is right up there close to my favorite. In fact by the time the primaries get here he could very well be my favorite. Cruz is many of our favorite here. But I just don't think he's really in the hunt. If it looks like he is when I vote in the Primary he will get my vote.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    I'm going out on a limb and predicting that neither Carson or Fiorina win the nomination, but one of them joins the winner as VP.


    That could happen, but it's kinda early to make that statement.

    I really don't care who the VP is, because unless the unthinkable happens, he/she will be the official WH State Funeral Attendee. Sometimes in years past the VP choice may have helped the Prez get elected, but not often. Do you think Agnew helped Nixon? Do you think Nixon helped Eisenhower? How about Truman helping FDR? I would venture most of the VPs were relatively unknown before the various campaigns. The only reason Quale is even remembered is because he couldn't spell Potato.

    LBJ was the exception I can think of because I'm from Texas and I can remember Senator Johnson well. He and Speaker of the House Mr. Sam Rayburn ran the legislature back in the day and they were Both Texans. That was back before Democrats were Commies.

    Just a note of interest:

    I don't think I would have trusted LBJ as far as I could throw the Astrodome Left Handed, but I believe you could have trusted Mr. Sam with your life.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,871 Senior Member
    Your reading comprehension needs work, as does your memory.
    snake284 wrote: »
    Wait a minute! Are you saying you think Carson is Status Quo?

    NO way JOSE!!! Not even close. Not near my idea of status quo.

    And besides, Carson is right up there close to my favorite. In fact by the time the primaries get here he could very well be my favorite. Cruz is many of our favorite here. But I just don't think he's really in the hunt. If it looks like he is when I vote in the Primary he will get my vote.

    From your first post....
    snake284 wrote: »
    Of all the candidates, I think Carson would be my first choice. I say that because i don't think Ted Cruz has a chance. He's my real first choice. But Carson has a real chance at the nomination, and of all those I figure that does, he's my favorite. I like Rick Perry and Bobby Jindal, but like Cruz, I don't think they have a chance.
    You're advocating for the status quo: voting for the electable one (Carson) over who you think would do the better job (Cruz.) That's what got us Romney and McCain. Two milquetoasts.
    I'm just here for snark.
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,632 Senior Member
    Wait a minute! Are you saying you think Carson is Status Quo?

    NO way JOSE!!! Not even close. Not near my idea of status quo.

    And besides, Carson is right up there close to my favorite. In fact by the time the primaries get here he could very well be my favorite. Cruz is many of our favorite here. But I just don't think he's really in the hunt. If it looks like he is when I vote in the Primary he will get my vote.


    Your favorite is whoever gets the republican nomination.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    Your reading comprehension needs work, as does your memory.


    From your first post....

    You're advocating for the status quo: voting for the electable one (Carson) over who you think would do the better job (Cruz.) That's what got us Romney and McCain. Two milquetoasts.

    That's not Status Quo! I have several candidates I like. Cruz surely is my favorite of favorites, but Carson's right there. All those I mentioned whether you or anybody consider them status quo are not what I would call status quo. Status quo would be somebody like Jeb Bush or Lindsey Gramnasti that the Republican party leadership would want. Carson is no politician. I never said I wouldn't vote for who can get elected. If you don't like that well tough! I'm for getting the best electable candidate so we don't have 4 more years of what we have. Also, some of you are equating a lot of these guys with career politicians. Those guys are in the Legislature like McCain, McConnell, and Boehner. Carson has nothing in common with that group. This is his first try at politics and he is NO Career politician who is bought and paid for by the lobbyists.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    coolgunguy wrote: »
    Your favorite is whoever gets the republican nomination.

    Hey, you come into this conversation assuming a lot. We're talking or I'm talking Primaries now. I already said and will stick by what I said, that in the General election I will vote for the Republican nominee. I'm not going to let the dems win it without doing my part to stop them.

    In the primary I'm trying to do my part in getting the best Conservative candidate on the General Election ballot as the Republican nominee. If I don't get that I still will not vote for a dark horse third party or stay home.

    What are you a sleeper Dummycrat trying to get the rest of us to let a dem win? I said what I was doing and if you don't like it tough. I haven't changed a thing about what I plan on doing. I would still much rather have a RINO type in the White House than any Dem. And if you still plan on boycotting the Rep Nominee if he/she doesn't fit your model then in my opinion you will help put a Dem in the WH, which is the worst scenario out there.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,871 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »
    That's not Status Quo! I have several candidates I like. Cruz surely is my favorite of favorites, but Carson's right there. All those I mentioned whether you or anybody consider them status quo are not what I would call status quo. ...
    The status quo is voting for the electable candidate over the one you prefer. That's what got us where we are.
    I'm just here for snark.
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 7,953 Senior Member
    Cruz Carson 2016. In a heartbeat.

    Ted is a pitbull who has been in the ring and can take some blood loss. He isnt on the underwater basket weaving committees, and his legislative track record is definitely with a libertarian bent. Far above a lot of his peers in understanding of the constitution and doesnt give anything to anyone in the brains dept. Ben needs a little more time to learn the cans and cannots of govt., but as with his 2A stance, he can and even better, he is learning. He is a surgeon and no one can expect him to know govt. because it isnt his profession.

    That pair would be the most IQ the white house has seen in a long time.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    I honestly thought Palin would help McFail win. I remember when I saw their announcement on TV. I was sure that would seal the deal.
    Wrong!

    I thought so too, but we were wrong. I guess we were asking a little much of the lady.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,871 Senior Member
    Cruz Carson 2016. In a heartbeat.

    Ted is a pitbull who has been in the ring and can take some blood loss. He isnt on the underwater basket weaving committees, and his legislative track record is definitely with a libertarian bent. Far above a lot of his peers in understanding of the constitution and doesnt give anything to anyone in the brains dept. Ben needs a little more time to learn the cans and cannots of govt., but as with his 2A stance, he can and even better, he is learning. He is a surgeon and no one can expect him to know govt. because it isnt his profession.

    That pair would be the most IQ the white house has seen in a long time.
    I could go for that, and you've hit on something that I like about Dr. Carson now that I've been paying attention to him: he's willing to learn. I'm not sure the current front-runner in the polls is willing to do so. He seems a bit too... stuck on his own ideas. Also you've hit on something else: if you've not done government, you won't really know HOW to do it effectively when you get in. That's fine on a city council, county council, or for a state legislator. It can get you into trouble in an executive position.
    I'm just here for snark.
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 12,575 Senior Member
    Ted Cruz doesn't have a chance at getting any nomination. I dislike him more than I dislike Trump. I think he's an opportunist like Trump and has been running for president ever since he got elected to the senate.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    Cruz Carson 2016. In a heartbeat.

    Ted is a pitbull who has been in the ring and can take some blood loss. He isnt on the underwater basket weaving committees, and his legislative track record is definitely with a libertarian bent. Far above a lot of his peers in understanding of the constitution and doesnt give anything to anyone in the brains dept. Ben needs a little more time to learn the cans and cannots of govt., but as with his 2A stance, he can and even better, he is learning. He is a surgeon and no one can expect him to know govt. because it isnt his profession.

    That pair would be the most IQ the white house has seen in a long time.

    I don't know if it would win, but that would be a great pairing. Two good ones for sure.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    The status quo is voting for the electable candidate over the one you prefer. That's what got us where we are.


    Not in the case where there's several almost equal and you're trying to figure out which one has the best chance. Status quo to me is the old line same o same o. But trust me, and I never said I wouldn't do this, in the General election I will vote for anybody I think will beat the Dem. And that would at least have to be the Republican Nominee.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,813 Senior Member
    You folks are taking all of this way too seriously. It's still over a year till the election, and the DNC has not even selected the candidate for the Democrats to worship, yet. After they throw Hilary under the bus, all will be different.

    They are enjoying the hell out of all this wrangling for attention by umpteen candidates that can't get face time on any of the 'major' media.
Sign In or Register to comment.
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Guns & Ammo stories delivered right to your inbox every week.

Advertisement