Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Donald Trump's position on the 2nd Amendment

tennmiketennmike Senior MemberPosts: 27,457 Senior Member
If he really means this, then it's something in his favor.

Well worth the read:
https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positions/second-amendment-rights
  I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
― Douglas Adams

Replies

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Yep, he gets my vote.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,910 Senior Member
    I'm glad to see he has finally made a strong policy statement regarding the 2A.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Like a lot of his other comments, his 2nd. Amendment stance has been modified fairly recently to fit the current circumstances. He's on the record from previous comments as supporting "assault weapon" bans and other gun grabber tactics. I'm hoping he's not just saying whatever it takes to get our votes, like every other lying politician since the beginning of time. I wonder if the voters in ancient Greece had the same problem with candidates making promises they never intended to keep?
    Jerry
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    Like I've said, I'm not voting for him in the Primary, but if he's on the ballot in the General Election as the Republican Nominee, he gets my vote also. And anyone who wants to chastise me for voting for status quo, go ahead, better status quo than Libtard Dummycrap. And if you don't vote for the Republican nominee, you're voting for the Libtard DUMMYCRAP, because if Teddy Roosevelt couldn't pull off a third party win, then nobody can. And I'm not staying home and letting Hillary, Bernie, Or Uncle Joe have it. I'd rather eat a smoking hot dog turd.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 7,947 Senior Member
    Youngamericaclipperblackandwhite.jpg
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,632 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »
    Like I've said, I'm not voting for him in the Primary, but if he's on the ballot in the General Election as the Republican Nominee, he gets my vote also. And anyone who wants to chastise me for voting for status quo, go ahead, better status quo than Libtard Dummycrap. And if you don't vote for the Republican nominee, you're voting for the Libtard DUMMYCRAP, because if Teddy Roosevelt couldn't pull off a third party win, then nobody can. And I'm not staying home and letting Hillary, Bernie, Or Uncle Joe have it. I'd rather eat a smoking hot dog turd.

Well, that's a good thing, because that is exactly what you'll enable/allow them to give you. But hey, at least a republican piece of smoking hot dog crap is better than a democrat piece of smoking hot dog crap...right?:roll:

I think it's interesting that MY vote against the status quo (read that as the same piece of crap, but different presidency) ensures further dissolution of this great country, but somebody else's vote for the same old same old (you know...what got us where we are in the first place) is what will preserve our country for future generations.

Linear thought...it's not for everybody.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 7,947 Senior Member
    I generally oppose gun control, but I support the ban on assault weapons and I support a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun. With today’s Internet technology we should be able to tell within 72-hours if a potential gun owner has a record.
    It’s often argued that the American murder rate is high because guns are more available here than in other countries. Democrats want to confiscate all guns, which is a dumb idea because only the law-abiding citizens would turn in their guns and the bad guys would be the only ones left armed. The Republicans walk the NRA line and refuse even limited restrictions.
    http://www.ontheissues.org/Celeb/Donald_Trump_Gun_Control.htm
    http://controversialtimes.com/politics/several-of-donald-trumps-hotels-and-resorts-currently-ban-guns/

Of course he is for gun control. He's afraid of someone shooting him while he is stealing their land.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.