Home Main Category Clubhouse

Transgender woman says TSA detained, humiliated her over body 'anomaly

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 32,995 Senior Member
Maybe they should have these fruitcakes declare something like "I'm A Plus + Or I'm A Minus -" as they go through security so as not to confuse TSA. :roll2::roll2::roll2:

http://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-tsa-transgender-20150921-story.html
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• shootbrownelkshootbrownelk Senior Member Posts: 2,035 Senior Member
    I don't think the TSA is confused, I think they like the suspense before the discovery.
  • sherwoodsherwood Senior Member Posts: 1,220 Senior Member
    OMG! For once cpj is right.
    cpj wrote: »
    Ok.
    You LOOK like a chick.
    You have a MANS name.
    Your junk shows up on the scanner.
    Chicks don't have junk.

They should damn well detain you, you stupid freak. What the hell do you expect? I'm not a huge fan of the TSA, but they were 100% correct this time.
    I may be old but I ain't dead!
    DPRMD
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,798 Senior Member
    I thought humiliation was the goal...? :uhm:

Oh, I get it...it's like the woman who wears a top that shows 4 inches of cleavage and then is offended when you look at it. (Hey! I'm up here!)
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 7,452 Senior Member
    The main problem is that it isnt called "Dude looks like a lady" it is being called "transgender" and for some unknown reason expected to have extra rights.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,259 Senior Member
    Quote;

"get back in the machine as a man or it was going to be a problem."

And people say The Good Lord has no sense of humour.
  • TxwheelsTxwheels Member Posts: 151 Member
    Transgender? I call em confused queers.
    If I don't answer the phone, I'm probably in the Senate taking a POTUS and wiping my Congress
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,452 Senior Member
    It's really simple. There are two sexes determined by chromosomes. XX is female and XY is male. Doesn't matter what you WANT to be, doesn't matter what you have sewn on or hacked off, you will ALWAYS be what the chromosomes you carry say you are. If someone is confused about that then they have a problem with no solution. And if it causes them problems in everyday life, then they need to learn to deal with it instead of whining about it like a spoiled brat.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,798 Senior Member
    Or, hell...just suppress it...like in the good old days. :tooth:
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 8,111 Senior Member
    If one's truly transgender, how do they know what sex they are?
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
    JerryBobCo wrote: »
    ...... how do they know what sex they are?

All depends which loo has the smallest queue.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    I wish y'all would quit calling our sex organs Junk. That's gross.

But anyway, that's just a pet peeve of mine.

See, even machines know better than most people. Women are women and men are men, and however God made you is the way you were meant to be.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 8,111 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »

It's funny (odd funny, not ha ha funny) how the single use of a slang word can change or add to the meaning of a word. I had never heard the male genitalia referred to as "junk" before the video of the TSA pat down was aired on national TV. Now, it seems to be common to use the word "junk" to refer to man parts.

Sorry, Snake, but I think the term is acceptable and will probably continue to use it this way.

It's too bad Sam isn't here to further explain and expound on this phenomena.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,391 Senior Member
    If one's truly transgender, how do they know what sex they are?
    They're called hermaphrodites or in some case tri-chromosonal. It's my understanding that most of the cases are XYY. Though in reading, it seems they're trying to replace the term "hermaphrodite" with "intersexual" :uhm:

Edited to change the tri to two Ys due to a typo
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

In their case, it adds a whole new meaning to telling them to go ____ themselves :yikes: :vomit:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,955 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    It's really simple. There are two sexes determined by chromosomes. XX is female and XY is male. Doesn't matter what you WANT to be, doesn't matter what you have sewn on or hacked off, you will ALWAYS be what the chromosomes you carry say you are. If someone is confused about that then they have a problem with no solution. And if it causes them problems in everyday life, then they need to learn to deal with it instead of whining about it like a spoiled brat.
    This.

I don't consider myself transgender by any means, just a guy with an unusual fashion sense. Zorba's first rule of being weird is to have a sense of humor. Most of the time, I go through security - Orlando so frequently that TSA recognizes me - without problem. Of course, the beard is a clue - I didn't realize the scanners had gender settings. Once in a while they'll want to do a leg pat-down through my skirt, and have me pose my legs in different postures. No problem - I usually tell them that I'm "G-rated underneath, just lift the skirt and look. It'll save us both time." That's about when they tell me that "You can move along now, Sir." :rotflmao:
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    Oh, and urban legend has it that Jamie Lee Curtis is one :uhm:

Concerning the guy in the OP? Well, sucks to be him. Cry me a river "cupcake" :fiddle:

snake284 wrote: »
    It's funny (odd funny, not ha ha funny) how the single use of a slang word can change or add to the meaning of a word.

I think it may be an 'old man' thing. :devil:

noun:
    junk

informal

old or discarded articles that are considered useless or of little value.

"the cellars are full of junk"

synonyms: useless things, discarded things, rubbish, clutter, stuff, odds and ends, bits and pieces, bric-a-brac, oddments, flotsam and jetsam, white elephants;
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Well, they also use the work Junk to talk about women as in "Too much Junk in her trunk......"
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    I first heard the term about 10 years ago or so, and its pretty prevalent nowadays. I think that horse has left the barn...

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    "Who'd want to bond with me? I'm neither nowt nor summit."

• horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,628 Senior Member
    "Anybody who doesn't think I'm a woman can s**k my d**k!" - Caitlyn Jenner

Aw c'mon, don't pick on the TSA. Without them, some ugly people would never get felt up.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,810 Senior Member
    Really :popcorn:
  • kansashunterkansashunter Senior Member Posts: 1,859 Senior Member
    I wasn't there so can only guess but if they kept her that long it wasn't because she/he was transgender but because he/she was being a pita. Some of the people on here seem to think tsa employees enjoy patting down passengers and I can tell you that it is their least favorite part of the job. I can understand you not liking tsa or think the rules are stupid but the employees are just trying to do what they are told to do and dealing with a lot of people who don't like them.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,452 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    I don't understand how that's gross, but, ok.

As John Thomas once said, different strokes for different folks.

Actually, it was Sly & The Family Stone that said that. Sayin'. :rotflmao:
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
    I wasn't there so can only guess but if they kept her that long it wasn't because she/he was transgender but because he/she was being a pita.

:that::agree:

• coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,614 Senior Member
    I wasn't there so can only guess but if they kept her that long it wasn't because she/he was transgender but because he/she was being a pita. Some of the people on here seem to think tsa employees enjoy patting down passengers and I can tell you that it is their least favorite part of the job. I can understand you not liking tsa or think the rules are stupid but the employees are just trying to do what they are told to do and dealing with a lot of people who don't like them.

Only guesswork, but it's a safe bet, especially considering the friend's admission that this isn't the first time that 'surprise' junk has been an issue.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • Fat BillyFat Billy Senior Member Posts: 1,813 Senior Member
    No more Men or Women signs just change to Junk and No Junk will handle it. :yikes: Later,
    Fat Billy

Recoil is how you know primer ignition is complete.
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,614 Senior Member
    Fat Billy wrote: »
    No more Men or Women signs just change to Junk and No Junk will handle it. :yikes: Later,

Can you imagine the pictures they would have to use in order to keep the idiots of the world informed?? :jester:
    Snake would never fly again, for fear of those signs! :rotflmao:
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 7,452 Senior Member
    knitepoet wrote: »
    They're called hermaphrodites or in some case tri-chromosonal. It's my understanding that most of the cases are XYY. Though in reading, it seems they're trying to replace the term "hermaphrodite" with "intersexual" :uhm:

Edited to change the tri to two Ys due to a typo
    "transgender" are not herms or double-junked as the case might be, it isnt medical. They are the guys who take this to heart. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mL7n5mEmXJo
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.