Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Pope's visit

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 32,995 Senior Member
Just curious.

What do y'all think of it? I'm not Catholic, so he is just another man to me, albeit a man of God fer sure. :angel2::angel2:

Maybe them lying politicians in DC could learn a few things from him, indeed!

Yesterday the news had that service on and oh man I took a good nap in my recliner when they started singing, was that Latin or something, very relaxing.

Anyway, he is outspoken on controversial issues compared to most of his predecessors.

Atheist, Agnostic, Hindu, Jew or Christian or whatever this is not a pro or con Catholic thread.
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    Just curious.

What do y'all think of it? I'm not Catholic, so he is just another man to me, albeit a man of God fer sure. :angel2::angel2:

Maybe them lying politicians in DC could learn a few things from him, indeed!

Yesterday the news had that service on and oh man I took a good nap in my recliner when they started singing, was that Latin or something, very relaxing.

Anyway, he is outspoken on controversial issues compared to most of his predecessors.

Atheist, Agnostic, Hindu, Jew or Christian or whatever this is not a pro or con Catholic thread.

I think he's a very good man, and he is not a stupid man. He is indeed very intelligent. However, he is not privvy to the info that all those in government know (Well except maybe most dummycraps don't get it) and he knows nothing really about climate change and who's ramrodding that hoax. So we should all take him with a grain of salt.

BTW, I'm not a Roman Catholic either. My Baptist family would take me out and shoot me if I joined that. It's bad enough anyway, because I almost got disowned when I joined the Episcopal Church. Some Baptists take a dim view of both of these Churches because we're not fundamental enough for em. I figure ain't nobody lived to tell about it yet, except one and he ain't talking.

Anyway, the Pope is doing what a good preacher should do, taking up for the poor and oppressed. They don't get off into the technical aspects of all that. If priests and preachers had their way, the national treasury along with all bank accounts with more than $500 in them would be drained to fatten the less fortunate. Then they'd all be driving a Cadillac and most of us would be walking. :tooth:

There's exceptions to every rule, but those with the mostest got that way for a reason besides being crooks. It was called hard work and right thinking. I don't have a whole lot right now, but I've been there-done that and I don't believe in taking away from the doers to fatten the non doers. So I guess I'd be a piss poor Pope.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • GunnerK19GunnerK19 Senior Member Posts: 1,095 Senior Member
    I'd like it a lot better if his dog and pony show didn't preempt "The Price Is Right" for the past two days... :cuss:

And take it as you will, but we mock and curse the Muslims that worship Mohammed, the messenger of Allah, and yet we ourselves have people who go batcrap crazy gaga and fawn over the Pope, the messenger of God.

All I know is if His Worshipfulness overrules TPIR again tomorrow, I'm going to write him and tell him to get his own ding danged TV channel...
    I'm a Conservative. How conservative? Only Alex P. Keaton has me beat.

Taurus 605 .357, Ruger .45 Vaquero, Colt frontier commemorative .22 SA, Pietta 1860 .44 snubnose
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,911 Senior Member
    He delivers a lot of commie messages similar to Obama. I don't like commie propagandists regardless of what their job is.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
    GunnerK19 wrote: »
    I'd like it a lot better if his dog and pony show didn't preempt "The Price Is Right" for the past two days... :cuss:

And take it as you will, but we mock and curse the Muslims that worship Mohammed, the messenger of Allah, and yet we ourselves have people who go batcrap crazy gaga and fawn over the Pope, the messenger of God.

All I know is if His Worshipfulness overrules TPIR again tomorrow, I'm going to write him and tell him to get his own ding danged TV channel...

My God Man! What do you expect? He's got his own Jet and Pope Mobile! HeHeHeHe!!! Next thing you'll be wantin him to have his own TV Show!

:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • GunnerK19GunnerK19 Senior Member Posts: 1,095 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »
    Next thing you'll be wantin him to have his own TV Show

Papalvision! I can almost smell the incense and holy water now...
    I'm a Conservative. How conservative? Only Alex P. Keaton has me beat.

Taurus 605 .357, Ruger .45 Vaquero, Colt frontier commemorative .22 SA, Pietta 1860 .44 snubnose
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 8,502 Senior Member
    I'm surprised Oblunder didn't burst into flames in his presence!!
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 18,118 Senior Member
    Being devotedly non-denominational I hope he has a nice trip to the States and enjoys visiting our congressional circus...maybe Pelosi could wear a red rubber ball on her nose....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
    GunnerK19 wrote: »
    Papalvision! I can almost smell the incense and holy water now...

I wonder how that Holy Water Mixes with bourbon?:buff2:

Bye the way, Episcopals got's some holy water Too, but they're stingy with it and only give it out at baptisms and High Masses.

They don't allow the Unwashed masses access to it. Snobs!!!:jester:

We also have incense at High Masses, but sometimes the way a couple of our priest act I think maybe that stuff in that incense ball is sumpin besides potpourri.
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 8,364 Senior Member
    Didn't have any views one way or another regarding his visit......................UNTIL he opened his mouth and started talking about climate change.

Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
    Sometimes I believe God purposely created or allowed the formation of all these different religions and even Atheists to make things interesting. It's all a test. I think every religion has got its points. Having said that, Everyone get at least 30 feet or so away from Alec and cpj, because I think the lightning bolt is about to strike,

:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:
  • roadkingroadking Senior Member Posts: 3,056 Senior Member
    Being born and raised Catholic, going to Catholic school, etc. I can for once in my life say Papal Infalability is a falsehood... especially with this guy.

And to cpj's comment... +1 :agree:

Matt
    Support your local Scouts!
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 14,205 Senior Member
    The Pope can get the plank out of his eye and quit worrying about the speck in my eye.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • TxwheelsTxwheels Member Posts: 151 Member
    The Poop needs to shut up and take his tail back to Rome and stay there! And yes I spelled it that way purposely.
    If I don't answer the phone, I'm probably in the Senate taking a POTUS and wiping my Congress
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    orchidman wrote: »
    Didn't have any views one way or another regarding his visit......................UNTIL he opened his mouth and started talking about climate change.

And taking in the billions of huddled masses yearning for free stuff and welfare.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
    Big Al1 wrote: »
    I'm surprised Oblunder didn't burst into flames in his presence!!

Call the EXORCIST!!!
    I remember back in the 80s when Pope John Paul the 2nd came to the U.S. and came to Texas. He was Polack remember, and there's an old Polish Settlement Pana Maria, out by Kennedy around Karnes City, which is all South East of San Antonio about 60 miles. He went there and they had a big mass and all. But my old buddy was a Fourth Degree KC and he was part of the Honor Guard. That was a big deal to Catholics and Americans in general because that was the first time a Pope had ever set foot on American soil.
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 12,046 Senior Member
    The correct Christian response to that staged event with the little girl asking the pope to do his best to make us take her parents in would be "render unto Ceasear what is Ceasar's". Follow the laws, do the paperwork, and pay the taxes and fees.

If not, Get the heck out.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,628 Senior Member
    Long Live Our Holy Father Pope Francis, Vicar Of Christ, Bishop Of Rome, Servant Of The Servants Of God.
    When speaking 'ex cathedra' regarding matters of faith and morals, he is guided by the Holy Ghost and is infallible.
    When speaking politically, he's 80% wrong. Whataya gonna do?

The socio-political-economic persuasions of the Church are why I evolved into a Cafeteria Catholic. Theologically, I'm with the Church, otherwise, I'm without it.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Donovan didn't care much fer Pope Paul and if you are Catholic you probably should skip this song.

Poke at The Pope from Donovans 1970 album Open Road.

Donovan - Poke at The Pope.avi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cjr0kkStr_s
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    I like this song from the same album, in fact I have it in my LP collection. Some others

One of my favorites by Donovan

Colours

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoEle04qu_U

Riki Tiki Tavi - Donovan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TY7Rxae4pjU

Mellow yellow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLFGnP_EPpQ
  • ghostsniper1ghostsniper1 Banned Posts: 2,645 Senior Member
    Bible says that we are heard by God through Jesus and forgiven by him through the sacrifice of Jesus. Not through the Pope and some Hail Marys. He mentioned a one world government and my brain went to the Book of Revelation about the false prophet. Jus my HO.
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 9,327 Senior Member
    The Pope's last name is "Kardashian", right? Or is that the British Royal Family? I get all that irrelevant stuff confused.:zzzz:
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
    I liked the last Pope, Benedict 16th. He was pretty conservative and kept his nose out of Politics. But the Libtards didn't like him because he was strictly against abortion, even further to the rigth than me.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Just another politician- - - -from a different country is all!
    Jerry
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    At least the kid is well-educated! All the TV networks have got nonstop coverage of this visit! I'm pooped (or is it poped) out with all the hype!
    Jerry
    Bigslug wrote: »
    The Pope's last name is "Kardashian", right? Or is that the British Royal Family? I get all that irrelevant stuff confused.:zzzz:

I thought the Royal Family's name was Tudor(I think Henry the 8th was a tudor), no wonder I always preferred Four doors.
    Man, all the news is consumed by his visit..............I had to watch most of a bad Saturday afternoon movie on El Rey Channel.............The Langoliers.......
    OK, up until today I was right with most of what's above, all the commie talk and all, that is until today. Now I'm beginning to believe ol Francis is no dope. I wasn't paying close attention because I was reading here, but the Pope made his speech in Philadephia and hinted to some things most of us agree with I think. But I'm not going to comment on it yet. I want to wait til tonight's repeat of the news and comments. I want to say it right, otherwise it might just confuse. But a couple of the more conservative Fox hosts picked up on a few things and I even heard one say that the Pope even openly criticized the Obamination of America in so many words. Like I say I'll get back with more details.
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,628 Senior Member
    The British Royal family is the House of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha, the name was changed to Windsor due to the unpleasantness of 1914-1918.
    horselips wrote: »
    The British Royal family is the House of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha, the name was changed to Windsor due to the unpleasantness of 1914-1918.

Horselips, that was meant as a joke, because one lineage of the royal family was the Tudors at one time. Only meant as a joke.