Home Main Category Clubhouse

This better?

BuffcoBuffco Senior MemberPosts: 6,244 Senior Member
«1

Replies

  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Panama City, Fl.Posts: 8,695 Senior Member
    Mmmmm. Marinated ice cubes!!
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,244 Senior Member
    I see that empty Mountain Dew can. You ain't fooling us!
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Central MNPosts: 14,673 Senior Member
    I bet you rock those sunglasses.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • NNNN Senior Member NCPosts: 25,221 Senior Member
    Son, you need some help
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 28,077 Senior Member
    I like your comb, Rojo.
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 28,077 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Sure, as long as the coke and glass are there for decoration and not used to soil a fine sipping whiskey.

    fify
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 6,244 Senior Member
    The coke is for adding a little sweet to the liquor.
  • EliEli Senior Member Attalla, Alabama.Posts: 3,074 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Sure, as long as the coke is there for decoration and not used to soil a fine sipping whiskey.


    I don't think you an I looked at the same picture.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Real men drink

    [IMG][/img]yukonjack_zpsci73agt0.jpg
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,244 Senior Member
    The whiskey already has a sweetness.
    20150927_181201_zpsvusrwnku.jpg
    20150927_181234_zpsoxu8wrqq.jpg
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 6,244 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 wrote: »
    I bet you rock those sunglasses.

    Daughter's.
    Zee wrote: »
    I like your comb, Rojo.
    Also daughter's.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    This is on the back of the label...............

    "Yukon Jack is a taste born of hoary nights, when lonely men struggled to keep their fires lit and cabins warm. Boldly flavorful yet surprisingly smooth, there is no spirit like Yukon Jack.”

    I reckon so, if a man drinks too much of it he will stay lonely cause no woman would stick around. :jester:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Living in a van, down by the river.Posts: 14,041 Senior Member
    Too much ice. 2 cubes, max.
    I'm just here for snark.
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,484 Senior Member
    Let me guess, the little plastic cup under the fruit basket is for measuring the JD and the rest of the glass is coke.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

    -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,244 Senior Member
    Too much ice. 2 cubes, max.
    Meh. I like it so the ice melts some and waters it down. You can really get into the nitty gritty of the flavor that way. Right now, my glass is half full and most of my ice is melted. I will still be sipping on it for another couple of hours.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • EliEli Senior Member Attalla, Alabama.Posts: 3,074 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    So does Boones Farm.
    Your point is invalid.

    :roll2:
    :that:

    IMO, JD is barely a step up from Evan Williams or Ezra Brooks, perhaps not even a step up......more of a step to the side while standing on your tippy toes.
  • Dr. dbDr. db Senior Member Posts: 1,541 Senior Member
    Buffy it's bourbon. Already sweet.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Under a logPosts: 27,457 Senior Member
    No, it isn't better. Adulterating Jack Daniels #7 with Coca Cola is no different than putting sugar on grits! :rotflmao:
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • olesniperolesniper Senior Member Franklin, Ky.Posts: 3,767 Senior Member
    Dr. db wrote: »
    Buffy it's bourbon. Already sweet.

    I beg to differ..........Jack D is a sour mash whiskey.............this is a bourbon.


    Blantons-Original-Single-Barrel-Bourbon-Whisky_zpse53b91c5.jpg
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
    I will fear no evil: For I carry a .308 and not a .270
  • tubabucknuttubabucknut Banned Posts: 3,520 Senior Member
    olesniper wrote: »
    I beg to differ..........Jack D is a sour mash whiskey.............this is a bourbon.


    Blantons-Original-Single-Barrel-Bourbon-Whisky_zpse53b91c5.jpg
    What he said.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Living in a van, down by the river.Posts: 14,041 Senior Member
    One thing I've learned from drinking whiskeys and whiskys (there is a difference) is that everyone has different tastes. What tastes great to others is bad to mediocre to others.

    Similar to food. Some flavor profiles are just not appealing to others.
    I'm just here for snark.
  • bisleybisley Senior Member East TexasPosts: 10,815 Senior Member
    Good whiskey should be sipped, neat, for maximum value. Ice, water, or soda pop just dilutes it and makes it easier to guzzle. Take it like medicine, and pause a few minutes between each sip to enjoy the burn. That way you can regulate the 'glow' and keep it just right. If you're thirsty, drink some ice water before you sip it.
  • FreezerFreezer Senior Member Posts: 2,611 Senior Member
    bisley wrote: »
    If you're thirsty, drink some ice water ...

    WATER! :yikes: I never touch the stuff, I heard people wash their butts in the stuff :vomit:

    If your thirsty drink beer :beer:
    I like Elmer Keith; I married his daughter :wink:
  • dlddld Member NE FlaPosts: 467 Member
    Buffy
    did you wife give you permission to drink that stuff?
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Living in a van, down by the river.Posts: 14,041 Senior Member
    Notice we don't see the top of the bottle?

    Could have a nipple on it...
    I'm just here for snark.
  • olesniperolesniper Senior Member Franklin, Ky.Posts: 3,767 Senior Member
    Notice we don't see the top of the bottle?

    Could have a nipple on it...

    Or one of these..............and we know who'll have the combination.


    lock_zpsqruyiluq.jpg
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
    I will fear no evil: For I carry a .308 and not a .270
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 6,244 Senior Member
    I confess, my beautiful wife can drink most men under the table. She is from German lineage so there's that...

    One drink and I'm feeling good. Two, the room starts spinning.

    At least I can get there cheap.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Buffco wrote: »
    I confess, my beautiful wife can drink most men under the table. She is from German lineage so there's that...

    One drink and I'm feeling good. Two, the room starts spinning.

    At least I can get there cheap.

    Oh, you are what they call a Cheap Date!
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Dr. dbDr. db Senior Member Posts: 1,541 Senior Member
    olesniper wrote: »
    I beg to differ..........Jack D is a sour mash whiskey.............this is a bourbon.


    Blantons-Original-Single-Barrel-Bourbon-Whisky_zpse53b91c5.jpg

    I stand corrected. I will make appropriate sacrifices to remove my demerits.
  • bisleybisley Senior Member East TexasPosts: 10,815 Senior Member
    Freezer wrote: »
    WATER! :yikes: I never touch the stuff, I heard people wash their butts in the stuff :vomit:

    If your thirsty drink beer :beer:

    Good point, but it ruins your palate and prevents you from enjoying the sipping whiskey. Drink beer OR drink whiskey. Combining them ruins the taste of both.
Sign In or Register to comment.
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Guns & Ammo stories delivered right to your inbox every week.

Advertisement