Home Main Category General Firearms

reunited with old friends

VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior MemberWestern PAPosts: 8,233 Senior Member
rugersreturn_zpsjrxi0deg.jpg

A little mixed feelings. I gave the Single Six to my father after he was robbed and he bought a 32S&W. I soon after sold him the Security Six real cheap and got my first 1911. He kept them in his safe for years, in the holsters.

He went into a nursing home last week. Hopefully for no longer than a month and a half. His safe is small and I suggested that that and some other things be kept at my house since no one will be there for a while and a smash and grab would take a lot in a hurry. He said do it, and take the revolvers.

At one time, I was nasty good with the Security Six. I might have to test drive her this week. Its been about 28 years since last I made her bark
It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.

Replies

• twatwa Senior Member Posts: 2,245 Senior Member
    Very nice, good to bring back some great memories and some great revolvers. Sounds like a fun range day coming up.
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Central MNPosts: 14,659 Senior Member
    Hope you give them back to him soon, nice Rugers.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Western PAPosts: 8,233 Senior Member
    They are not going back. He gave them back to me. Just hoping all the other stuff goes back soon.
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 28,060 Senior Member
    Beautiful guns. Hope he is well soon.
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Central MNPosts: 14,659 Senior Member
    Not the best way to add to the safe, but , it would definitely good to get them back.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • Tom MixTom Mix Member Posts: 101 Member
    That single action looks great. Happy plinking and may your dad return home soon and for a long time.
  • NNNN Senior Member NCPosts: 25,221 Senior Member
    :angel2: for your Dad
  • FreezerFreezer Senior Member Posts: 2,599 Senior Member
    Nice looking guns and bravo for taking care of dad.
    I like Elmer Keith; I married his daughter :wink:
    Thanks for the :angel2:. He is 83 and took his horse up the driveway for the vet. Why?? I have no idea. I put 44 ton of modified in front of the barn and on the road to it and the vet has driven up there before. Anyway, he tossed a lead rope around the horses neck instead of putting the halter on. Everyone that has had horses has done it. On the way back to the barn, the horse saw grass that was better than the inside the fence grass and took the old man up a little bank. He went butt over teacups down on the drive to the barn and broke his shoulder real badly. He fell 3 times before surgery staying with his girlfriend. They had to do a ball joint replacement and pin and a few screws. Come to find out that his heart is stopping once in a while, which might have been a factor with his falling. He is unsteady because he cannot move his left arm and he is still on painkillers. So even though he is showing a lot of improvement, he is out of action for at least 6 weeks and needs 24 hour care. I cant do it so his best bet was a home/rehab center at least until the bone adheres to the rebar and he can button his pants.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Hope he hangs in there fer a good while yet :angel2::angel2:

Some nice revolvers with plenty of memories.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Between Ft Lauderdale and MiamiPosts: 12,556 Senior Member
    Hope that your Dad mends well and you get to take those lovely guns out together to make more memories.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • RickVSRickVS New Member Posts: 14 New Member
    Your Dad sounds like quite a guy at 83! Best wishes for his speedy recovery.
    He's already getting irritated at the folks in the home,living like that really isnt his style. If he listens to the PA from the bone doc, he will be out in 6 or less. She wont cut him any slack either. She was my PA when I snapped my humerus and she knows what she is about.
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 12,750 Senior Member
    I know it's probably not possible and if so a trick of my eyes or the camera, but that DA Ruger looks....stretched. Is this possible?
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
    Probably the camera and editing. I was finishing Rail Bender Scottish style ale #3

http://www.eriebrewingco.com/railbender-ale/
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Dellrose TNPosts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Two weeks in a rehab facility between surgeries on my shattered ankle was time well spent. Try to be sure he does all the PT he needs to- - - -it really makes a big difference in recovery time. When I went back to the orthopedic surgeon for a 6-month checkup using a cane instead of crutches, he was impressed! "You're WAY ahead of schedule" was his first comment!
    Jerry
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member VirginiaPosts: 8,337 Senior Member
    Prayers for your Dad.
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • KSU FirefighterKSU Firefighter Senior Member Posts: 3,249 Senior Member
    :angel2:
    The fire service needs a "culture of extinguishment not safety" Ray McCormack FDNY
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member North DakotaPosts: 2,984 Senior Member
    Prayers for your Dads quick recovery and also nice revolvers.
  • Hondo341Hondo341 Member Sunny FloridaPosts: 448 Member
    I hope Dad is doing better. Sounds like my parents when they were his age. Please take my advice........don't EVER sell those guns. My dad was not a big gun guy after coming home from WWII. He did leave behind a S&W Mod 60 and an old Raven 25. You could NOT pry those away from me. They have blood in them........your family blood.
    "People are responsible to play a role in their own safety." Sheriff David Clarke 2016