Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Russia starts air strikes in Syria

tennmiketennmike Senior MemberPosts: 27,457 Senior Member
and tells U.S. to pull out aircraft prior to strikes. Well, that didn't take long to escalate. Meanwhile in Washington D.C. Obama is said to be in the fetal position in the Oval Office sucking his thumb.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3254579/Russian-politicians-grant-permission-send-troops-Syria-fight-ISIS-12-Cubs-Caliphate-child-soldiers-killed-France-s-air-strike-against-jihadis.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Russian jets have begun airstrikes in Syria – but only appeared to target anti-government rebels, many of whom are backed by the U.S.-led coalition.

The areas blitzed by Moscow are controlled by an array of rebel groups including those operating under the banner of the Free Syrian Army, according to activists, locals and rebels.

But none of the sources named the Islamic State as one of the groups operating in the areas hit.

A U.S. official also earlier said the Russian air strikes so far did not appear to be targeting ISIS-held territory.

Russia had warned the U.S. to pull its planes out of Syria an hour before the strikes began, driving a bigger wedge between Putin and President Obama, who faced off over the conflict at the U.N. General Assembly meeting in New York on Monday.

The move has infuriated Washington, with U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry complaining to his Russian counterpart that Moscow's intervention would destablise the region even further.

A U.S. official said Kerry told Sergei Lavrov that the move 'runs counter to their stated efforts of deconfliction and is not helpful to that effort.'

Russian officials insisted the strikes had targeted positions, vehicles and warehouses that Moscow believes belong to ISIS militants.
  I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
― Douglas Adams

Replies

• JayJay Senior Member Posts: 4,349 Senior Member
    Obama has more flexibility after his election.
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,797 Senior Member
    It seems like Putin essentially told Obama to move aside, grown-ups are fighting here. Fox news just showed a news blurb of Obama stating "we're stepping up our efforts to discredit ISIL propaganda, especially online". Ouch! that should really hit em where it hurts! No wonder the world won't take our buffoon in chief seriously.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 8,502 Senior Member
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Idiot may get us into a real nasty war if he doesn't start listening to those who know what the fudge they are talking about.

Meanwhile.....................

[IMG][/img]Putin_zps41e8d795.jpg
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,911 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    ....................Meanwhile in Washington D.C. Obama is said to be in the fetal position in the Oval Office sucking his thumb.................
    Isn't that what he's been doing all along? :jester:
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
    They just announced on the news that Russia is moving military equipment into Syria and setting up surface to air batteries at the two airports that they've taken over. ISIS doesn't have any airplanes, I wonder who the missle batteries are for?
    While I'm working in my office I've been listening to the news and it sounds like this deal in Syria is escalating. I'm guessing that Putin will warn Obama to back up and sit on his thumb at which point Obama will go crying to the UN for help, or Obama will test the water and Putin will "accidently" shoot one of our planes down.
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,244 Senior Member
    Pull out. There is no point in wasting our time, money, and the lives of our military on the chickenshit interventions we have been doing. Besides, we have no real reason to be in that hellhole in the first place. Let a real man (Putin) deal with it. Syria is legitimately within their sphere of influence-- they mean nothing to US interests. Obama already screwed the pooch by pulling out of Iraq which allowed ISIS to fill that vacuum there. What a ed up mess!
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,985 Senior Member
    Hitler & Putin, Chamberlain & Obama. Except that's an insult to Chamberlain.

Its 1938 all over again!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
    John Bolton (our former UN Ambassador) make the reference about the deal between Russia and Germany dividing Poland.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,628 Senior Member
    The enemy of my enemy is my friend. ISIS is my enemy. Do the math.

Whatever happens or doesn't, Obama will be remembered as "The President Who Lost The Middle East." And it will be the direct, personal fault of every voter who elected him, and every voter who didn't vote against him. Happy rationalizations! (You're only fooling yourselves.)
    Obammy/Kerry are useless as teats on a boar hog.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,985 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »

At least the teats look better.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 25,126 Senior Member
    Getting out of there is a good idea with wild A--- Russian aircrews in the same airspace.

Bound to have a midair or a shoot down otherwise.
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,577 Senior Member
    A Chinese aircraft carrier and a destroyer are in the Mediterranean too. Russia, China and Iran are forming a supposed anti-ISIS coalition. The Chinese aircraft carrier slid in there during the fascist Pope pomp and circumstance.

Assad is an ally of Putin. Assad is not a good guy, but ISIS is worse and farther reaching. If Russia aligns with Assad to actually make a legit muscle move against ISIS can we live with that? Yea, I think so.

China is in the area to lay waste to a couple of Chinese Islamic terror groups that have been coming into China and doing bad.

Obama was wrong...it's Obama who is the JV team.

And Israel is...a mystery. They aren't fighting ISIS anywhere...odd...but Israel hates Assad...Obama hates Assad...ISIS hates Assad.... hmmmm...Netanyahu and Obama leave ISIS to do what they want in Syria AND arm anti-Assad rebels...

Pretty clear to me what's up.
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • JeeperJeeper Senior Member Posts: 2,954 Senior Member
    Jermanator wrote: »
    Pull out. There is no point in wasting our time, money, and the lives of our military on the chickenshit interventions we have been doing. Besides, we have no real reason to be in that hellhole in the first place. Let a real man (Putin) deal with it. Syria is legitimately within their sphere of influence-- they mean nothing to US interests. Obama already screwed the pooch by pulling out of Iraq which allowed ISIS to fill that vacuum there. What a ed up mess!

AGREED!!!

Luis
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    JasonMPD wrote: »
    A Chinese aircraft carrier and a destroyer are in the Mediterranean too. Russia, China and Iran are forming a supposed anti-ISIS coalition. The Chinese aircraft carrier slid in there during the fascist Pope pomp and circumstance.

Assad is an ally of Putin. Assad is not a good guy, but ISIS is worse and farther reaching. If Russia aligns with Assad to actually make a legit muscle move against ISIS can we live with that? Yea, I think so.

China is in the area to lay waste to a couple of Chinese Islamic terror groups that have been coming into China and doing bad.

Speaking of China, they are cracking down HARD on the Muslim Imams preaching hate and discontent in China. If ISIS screws up and starts blowing up stuff in China, I can see China sending in a few MILLION troops to settle ISISs hash for them. In the larger scheme of things, that wouldn't be all bad. They would get the job done with plenty of troops. And like Russia, they aren't saddled with that stupid ROE our troops have to abide by and end up fighting with one hand tied behind their backs. China and Russia only see collateral damage as accidentally shooting their own troops by mistake; civilians that get in the way should have moved out of the way before the :fan: .

If they complain about collateral damage, then this quote suffices as answer:

The Operative: I'm sorry. If your quarry goes to ground, leave no ground to go to. You should have taken my offer. Or did you think none of this was your fault?
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    and tells U.S. to pull out aircraft prior to strikes. Well, that didn't take long to escalate. Meanwhile in Washington D.C. Obama is said to be in the fetal position in the Oval Office sucking his thumb.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3254579/Russian-politicians-grant-permission-send-troops-Syria-fight-ISIS-12-Cubs-Caliphate-child-soldiers-killed-France-s-air-strike-against-jihadis.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Russian jets have begun airstrikes in Syria – but only appeared to target anti-government rebels, many of whom are backed by the U.S.-led coalition.

The areas blitzed by Moscow are controlled by an array of rebel groups including those operating under the banner of the Free Syrian Army, according to activists, locals and rebels.

But none of the sources named the Islamic State as one of the groups operating in the areas hit.

A U.S. official also earlier said the Russian air strikes so far did not appear to be targeting ISIS-held territory.

Russia had warned the U.S. to pull its planes out of Syria an hour before the strikes began, driving a bigger wedge between Putin and President Obama, who faced off over the conflict at the U.N. General Assembly meeting in New York on Monday.

The move has infuriated Washington, with U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry complaining to his Russian counterpart that Moscow's intervention would destablise the region even further.

A U.S. official said Kerry told Sergei Lavrov that the move 'runs counter to their stated efforts of deconfliction and is not helpful to that effort.'

Russian officials insisted the strikes had targeted positions, vehicles and warehouses that Moscow believes belong to ISIS militants.

I just don't get it. Isn't inept performance grounds for impeachment? I mean don't we have the option of removing an inept leader from office rather than letting him lead us down the primrose path to ruin?
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    Well, he got elected TWICE. Worst president in my lifetime, Peanut Farmer was better than this dork. Bubba Clinton (gulp.. am I saying this) was better and that is bad.
    Well, he got elected TWICE. Worst president in my lifetime, Peanut Farmer was better than this dork. Bubba Clinton (gulp.. am I saying this) was better and that is bad.

Bubba Clinton was Teddy Roosevelt compared to Obummer.

But mark my words, I don't think Obummer is doing all this crap because he's stupid. He does it by design. This guy's a Commie from hell, and a closet Muslim and people that say he isn't are asleep.
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    Big Al1 wrote: »
    obama-unfriended-putin-on-facebook.jpg

OMG!!!_____:fan:_____:yikes:___:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:
    horselips wrote: »
    The enemy of my enemy is my friend. ISIS is my enemy. Do the math.

Whatever happens or doesn't, Obama will be remembered as "The President Who Lost The Middle East." And it will be the direct, personal fault of every voter who elected him, and every voter who didn't vote against him. Happy rationalizations! (You're only fooling yourselves.)

That's because anybody who would vote for Obummer or any full tilt bozo dummycrat is a FOOL!!!
  • centermass556centermass556 Senior Member Posts: 3,534 Senior Member
    SO...

I mentioned to play close attention. But don't be Myopic in the look. Russia coming to Assad's rescue does far more than people see. Oil exports make up more than a quarter of the Syrian economy. Russia now has direct access to that infrastructure. Russia now has access to the Middle east beyond arms sales, and the ability to get back to arming African nations.
    I hate to use old Policy terms, but we are looking at the domino effect in the middle east. Iraq will follow the stronger leader. If Russia quells ISIS in Syria and offers Iraq the same deal. Iraq will take it. Then Russia will have to two oil exporting countries. One on the gulf and one in the Med region.

Israel will continue to be Israel. Trust me, I guarantee Israel is fighting ISIS in their own way. But Israel also knows how to have tactical patience and wait. Plus they still have Hamas issues to contend with.

It won't be long until there is a incursion between us and Russia along the border, just like we "accidentally" hit the Chinese embassy in Serbia.
    "To have really lived, you must have almost died. To those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,244 Senior Member
    Centermass-- Is that really a bad thing? Honestly? I am not really seeing us standing to lose very much in the situation you described.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
    Any action that the Whitehouse takes will cost American lives or money, or both and we won't gain anything from it. I agree that we should stay out of it.
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,577 Senior Member
    Fisheadgib wrote: »
    Any action that the Whitehouse takes will cost American lives or money, or both and we won't gain anything from it. I agree that we should stay out of it.

For the most part I'm in this camp at this point. This administration as a whole has already crapped on any legacy our fine troops carved out overseas...why let the same defunct administration do the same thing again.

If Russia and China want to go fight ISIS, I'm ok with it. However I do have to concede that the long term effects of Russia and China in the middle east are an serious unknown.
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,813 Senior Member
    Jermanator wrote: »

Good grief! Is it 1938 again, with Hitler expanding the Fatherland while the French hide behind the Maginot Line and Chamberlain signs de-conflicting agreements with a grinning narcissist? Is Israel our Poland, which we are pledged to defend, and we cringe at the thought of actually having to do it a year from now? When Syria becomes a Russian puppet state, can Israel still whip them without using nukes?

We should be beating our chests and demanding withdrawal, while fortifying our military resources, re-activating our parked carriers, and at least pretending to be gearing up for major war. We can either scare the crap out of Putin, or end up fighting him. He is Cold War trained KGB, and this is classic realpolitik, circa 1962. If we can't make him blink, he isn't going to stop this crap.
  • Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 6,083 Senior Member
    Obama could not scare a sick kitten at this point.
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
  • Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 6,083 Senior Member

Teats on a boar hog are actually very useful for telling about the hogs genetics and breeding.
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
    Obama could not scare a sick kitten at this point.

He dang sure didn't scare Putin. Obama talked pretty bold at the UN because he figured that Putin wouldn't whoop his **** in front of a crowd and Putin didn't get there in time to hear Obama's speech anyway. At the 95 minute private meeting that Obama and Putin had afterwards, I'm sure Putin was just feeling Obama out to see what he would do when Putin invaded Syria. He determined that Obama is just a bunch of talk and two days later, boom. Now Iran, Iraq, Syria, and Russia are allies.