Home Main Category Hunting

Hunting Sterotypes

bullsi1911bullsi1911 Posts: 12,453 Senior Member
[video]https://youtu.be/M9gFRXw5-kI[/video]

I admit being the Blind Napper.
To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
-Mikhail Kalashnikov

Replies

• JasonMPDJasonMPD Posts: 6,583 Senior Member
    bullsi1911 wrote: »

That was funny. Thanks for posting.
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Posts: 8,227 Senior Member
    That's funny.

Napping and snacking are my favorite parts of hunting.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • NNNN Posts: 25,236 Senior Member
    I did that in a ground blind, actually just sitting against a tree.

Decided to lay down and nap, woke up with a buck making a scrape 20 yds away.

Shot him while I was still laying on the ground.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Posts: 14,122 Senior Member
    I've been the Box a Bird guy.
    Meh.
  • JermanatorJermanator Posts: 16,244 Senior Member
    I am a Sleeper.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Posts: 8,155 Senior Member
    Definitely guilty of field announcing during dove season.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Posts: 12,453 Senior Member
    My wife watched this, and said that I was also "White Liar Gun Buyer"

I told her she had NO proof of that :)
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • bisleybisley Posts: 10,815 Senior Member
    Dozing in a deer blind is one of the best ways to 'blend in' to the animal world. I can't count how many times I have opened my eyes to see deer, squirrels. coons, etc. cavorting around me. Also, I take sandwiches, coffee, and cigars for passing the time, after that first couple of hours of being sneaky. I have had success using both methods, so I'm not likely to change my ways.
  • BigDanSBigDanS Posts: 6,992 Senior Member
    I snack, but not like that!

They need to add " Guy who plays with his phone and camera too much "

Should I bring my Go Pro on this year's pig hunt?

D
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
  • TeachTeach Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    I was "marking my territory" one morning when a big buck stepped out of the bushes about 30 yards away- - - -DOWNWIND, no less! I got so rattled I didn't get a shot off berfore he strolled back into the underbrush! Wrong "gun" in my hand!
    Jerry
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Posts: 8,305 Senior Member
    I'd be lieing if I said the back pack stove never went hunting with me. Some of the best naps I have had were when the sun came up and started beating on the camo in turkey season.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Posts: 6,083 Senior Member
    There is nothing better than a nap when the weather is cool but the sun is shining bright.
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
  • twatwa Posts: 2,245 Senior Member
    There is nothing better than a nap when the weather is cool but the sun is shining bright.

After a good meal in the duck blind. Then awakening to splashing of birds landing in the decoys. Have that happen a few times a year. :tooth:
  • orchidmanorchidman Posts: 8,439 Senior Member
    twa wrote: »
    After a good meal in the duck blind. Then awakening to splashing of birds landing in the decoys. Have that happen a few times a year. :tooth:

On a slow day hunting ducks out of the mobile duck blind ( boat) I can guarantee that getting the cooker and frypan out, cooking bacon and eggs or venison steaks and putting the coffee on while we start eating will guarantee
    ducks hovering over the dekes.............. Its a given that a hasty reach for the 1187 will result in a squashed meal on the floorboards and a scalding hot cup of coffee down the front of the waders .............
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • snake284snake284 Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    bullsi1911 wrote: »

I think we are all guilty of that one from time to time.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • christiechristie Posts: 86 Member
    Great video. I resemble two of these....noise maker(the box of shells slipped out of my hand and rattled onto the box liner of the side-by-side. My hunting partner and I both held our breaths but the damage was done. A solid h-on--k and the splish-splash and sound of dozens of geese flying away.) We still walked over to the blind in the dark and believe me, I didn't make another sound for the next few hours.
    The second one I resemble...the Can I call now? hunter....a person really should practice somewhere other than the pond on hunting morning. I was told it sounds like I was rapping with the Mallards. I had one conversation going with a green-winged teal that was floating just out of range. I copied his sound then he repeated it, then I did, then he did......it was fun.
    "I couldn't be more proud and humbled by the experience"- said by a successful someone
  • JermanatorJermanator Posts: 16,244 Senior Member
    There should have been one on there called "The Pooper". It is the person that decides that they need to go potty only after they get out to their blind.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • snake284snake284 Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    Jermanator wrote: »
    There should have been one on there called "The Pooper". It is the person that decides that they need to go potty only after they get out to their blind.
    Sounds like Fe. hehehehe. But she's more like the PEEer

I can hold my urges for an exceedingly long period of time. I will relieve myself before I leave the house and it may be 6-8 hours later before I need to go again.

I won't go or allow other's to go around the hunting area. If I am taken with a sudden urge, I will try to walk back at least 300-400 yards to do it.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.