Boar and Bobcat

Double Naught SpyDouble Naught Spy New MemberPosts: 1 New Member
This was a fun little hunt I had recently. I was doing hog and predator control as part of a wildlife management plan on a property when a lone boar showed up. I was able to shoot him just, but the surprise came after I finished getting photos and such. I was crossing the ravine to head back to the stand when a pair of eyes lit up from my head lamp. I identified the owner of the eyes as a bobcat using a thermal spotting scope. For the better part of a minute, that bobcat watched and heard me getting my gear off my back, sticks setup up, rifle scope/recorder turned on and on the sticks and all he did was sit down to watch. It made for a fairly easy 50 yard shot.

Later, I did spy another hog, but he never came out to where I could shoot him.

Replies

• tubabucknuttubabucknut Banned Posts: 3,520 Senior Member
    :nono: No business postings allowed.
    It's because I hate Trump.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 15,205 Senior Member
    Pictures of the dead critters and a description of the firearm/loads you were using would be helpful....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • HAWKENHAWKEN Senior Member Posts: 1,688 Senior Member
    Nicely done, looks like a nice meat hog. Where were you hunting and what caliber is your rifle? robin
    I don't often talk to people that voted for Obama, but when I do I order large fries!
    Life member of the American Legion, the VFW, the NRA and the Masonic Lodge, retired LEO
  • woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Senior Member Posts: 2,725 Senior Member
    The hog, yes! Bust every damn one you can. Gut shoot 'em if that's the only opportunity that you have at the moment. Nothing is more detrimental to the natural environment than a feral hog....radical Islamics of the animal world. But the Bobcat.....why? I'll take Aldo Leopold's stance on predator/prey relationships when it comes to Bobcats.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,987 Senior Member
    Welcome aboard
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • tubabucknuttubabucknut Banned Posts: 3,520 Senior Member
    Nice save. Welcome aboard, and good hunting.
    It's because I hate Trump.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 15,205 Senior Member
    Nice meat pig....really nice cat - that spotted belly is spectacular...and welcome aboard
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,429 Senior Member
    Smart bobcat- - - -how was he holding the scope?
    :jester:
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite