Bloodied the Crossbow

twatwa Senior MemberPosts: 2,231 Senior Member
Decided to put the regular bow down yesterday and do a little scouting on the "special hunt" land that I tagged for this year. I pulled out the crossbow and started scouting.....I had couple places that I had found on google maps that looked pretty promising so I headed that way. First area looked really good but I wasn't seeing a ton of deer sign, so I headed to the next spot. Apparently some one else thought it looked good as I heard someone whistling at me up in the woods when I headed that way. Decided to back out and just hunt one of the stands I had hung earlier in the year. This big girl showed up about 7:00 and I made a fine shot at about 35 yards, she went maybe 75 yards down after the shot and I could hear the death roll after a few minutes later, so I knew the shot was good. I waited it out until about 7:30 and am about to get down when I see 3 deer about 75 yards away heading the opposite direction of my stand, I make a couple grunts and the three turn on a dime, and make a b-line for me. By the time they got close enough to me, it was way to dark to take a shot, I could see horns on all 3 and 1 was rather large, which stayed toward the back of the other two. They milled around my stand for a 1/2 hr. or so and the two smaller ones got within 10 yards several times. There was no way out of my stand without spooking them and I didn't want to push them so I waited them out until I knew they were clear. Finally I was able to get down and by it was pitch dark, I climbed down and walked straight over to my lighted nock and to my enjoyment it looked as if someone had dumped a gallon of blood all over the ground. I had no problems following the blood trail right to this girl.....she is a healthy one!

11116548_10204995168615371_4443107193147661243_o.jpg

Replies

• ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 20,621 Senior Member
    "That's a huge........."..........uh......er....doe.
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • Ernie BishopErnie Bishop Senior Member Posts: 7,052 Senior Member
    Congrats man!
    Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"
  • tubabucknuttubabucknut Banned Posts: 3,520 Senior Member
    ****. She is Hoss. Congrats!
    It's because I hate Trump.
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,104 Senior Member
    Bigger than a Florida buck.
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 6,083 Senior Member
    That is a massive doe. Good job.
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 15,227 Senior Member
    That is a damn nice doe!
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,968 Senior Member
    Nice deer
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,865 Senior Member
    WOW :worthy:
    Huge doe!!
    Congrats :beer:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 7,353 Senior Member
    That's a big ol' granny doe!
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 8,669 Senior Member
    Congrats. They dont come near that big down here
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 7,731 Senior Member
    With all that hunting and stuff................You have shrunk!!!!

Good score. She looks to be in prime condition.
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....