Home Main Category Clubhouse

What's fer after dinner? (Whatcha drinkin)

timctimc Senior MemberPosts: 6,684 Senior Member
Succumbed to my weakness tonight. Was at the grocery store this afternoon and found egg nog on the shelf. I have a serious weakness for that stuff, had to stop and buy a bottle of rum on the way home.
Mmmmm.... Good!

I sure am glad it's a seasonal beverage!
timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
AKA: Former Founding Member

Replies

• tubabucknuttubabucknut Banned Posts: 3,520 Senior Member
    Had a martini to start the evening. Beer with dinner. The game (Ohio State) is on later, so more beer, and maybe another martini, or a bloody Mary. The game will include a cigar as well.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,713 Senior Member
    Nutting Honey
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • shootbrownelkshootbrownelk Senior Member Posts: 2,035 Senior Member
    Coke Zero, maybe a diet Squirt later.
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,161 Senior Member
    kool_aid_tropical.png
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,128 Senior Member
    Unsweetened iced tea.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 2,658 Senior Member
    Tea for me too.
  • jaywaptijaywapti Senior Member Posts: 4,958 Senior Member
    Coffee & lemonade

JAY
    THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,128 Senior Member
    timc wrote: »
    Succumbed to my weakness tonight. Was at the grocery store this afternoon and found egg nog on the shelf. I have a serious weakness for that stuff, had to stop and buy a bottle of rum on the way home.
    So everyone knows... that tastes like a butter/rum Lifesaver but much better. Eggnog is highly under rated.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 16,920 Senior Member
    Jermanator wrote: »
    Unsweetened iced tea.

This...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • minnesotashooterminnesotashooter Senior Member Posts: 770 Senior Member
    Jermanator wrote: »
    Unsweetened iced tea.

This for me as well
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,625 Senior Member
    Summit IPA
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 11,738 Senior Member
    Glenlivet and soda. You're only young once, and I ain't. I intend to enjoy my last few years; if in an alcoholic daze, so be it. Probably not, though. It's way too expensive.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,150 Senior Member
    The wife corked a 2012 Elizabeth Spencer sauvignon blanc. Pretty good.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • waipapa13waipapa13 Senior Member Posts: 838 Senior Member
    one of these to wash down the pork fajitas, had a Jamaica Agua Fresca with dinner
    waipapa13 wrote: »
    one of these to wash down the pork fajitas, had a Jamaica Agua Fresca with dinner

I can't make out what those are, please elaborate.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    Chiro, that's what Kiwis call a swappa crate, it's 12 750ml bottles of beer in a wooden crate, you drink them, put your empties back in the crate and next time you go to the liquor store you return the crate and you get a few dollars off of the price of your next crate, plus the bottles are refilled and recycled, most of the the big Brewers offer them, it's cheaper then buying smaller bottles.

They're kind of a cultural reference point in that young guys and university students will make furniture out of them and there is the inevitable challenge that comes up at some point of trying to drink a whole crate in a night, when I first moved out of home I used painted crates as bedside tables, they are also just an available bottle size at pubs and clubs, really common here, The stereotypical look of a kiwi male would be a black singlet, shorts and a pair of red band gum boots drinking a swappie bottle and smoking a hand rolled cigarette.

I prefer Dominion Breweries Draught beer
  • EliEli Senior Member Posts: 3,074 Senior Member
    Not after, but before and during.
    Went and ate Mexican food with my best friend. She had a few Dos Equis and I had a couple of no-salt margaritas on the rocks.
  • olesniperolesniper Senior Member Posts: 3,763 Senior Member
    Bourbon and a beer chaser.............or 2.
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
    I will fear no evil: For I carry a .308 and not a .270
    I don't understand? :uhm:
    Pierre wrote:
    Nor do I.

Despite what some weirdos think.....salt should never go on fruit, or fruit related paraphernalia. Margaritas is limes, and limes is fruits.

Simple simple.
    cpj wrote: »
    Salt on lime, yes.

Weirdo.

Salt on lemons, yes.

Weirdo.

Salt in any other fruit, no. Besides tomatoes. Since they are technically a fruit.

I'll give you that one.

:tooth:
    Salt on lime, yes.
    Salt on lemons, yes.
    Salt in any other fruit, no. Besides tomatoes. Since they are technically a fruit.

You're missing out on one of the best ways to eat pineapple there is, mixing chilli flakes with salt and dunking pineapple pieces into it, it is delicious, seriously, you should try it.
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 11,738 Senior Member
    Salt on lime, yes.
    Salt on lemons, yes.

Are you insane? Salt on watermelon and cantaloupe.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
    Gene L wrote: »
    Are you insane? Salt on watermelon and cantaloupe.

Never. Nor on apples, which seems to be a favorite here in the south.
  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,684 Senior Member
    Salt on watermelon is goooooooood!
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,798 Senior Member
    I'm mostly not interested in anything but coffee, after a really satisfying meal. But I do enjoy sipping very good whiskey and smoking a cigar, a little later in the evening. My choice is single malt scotch (usually Glenfiddich or Glenlivet). I don't do it often, because it's expensive, and I don't dilute it in any way, because if it went down too easy, I'd probably want it every night. I just drink it on those evenings when I'm already happy and optimistic, for no particular reason. It's starting to be the time of year when I feel that way, more often.
    waipapa13 wrote: »
    Chiro, that's what Kiwis call a swappa crate, it's 12 750ml bottles of beer in a wooden crate, you drink them, put your empties back in the crate and next time you go to the liquor store you return the crate and you get a few dollars off of the price of your next crate, plus the bottles are refilled and recycled, most of the the big Brewers offer them, it's cheaper then buying smaller bottles.

They're kind of a cultural reference point in that young guys and university students will make furniture out of them and there is the inevitable challenge that comes up at some point of trying to drink a whole crate in a night, when I first moved out of home I used painted crates as bedside tables, they are also just an available bottle size at pubs and clubs, really common here, The stereotypical look of a kiwi male would be a black singlet, shorts and a pair of red band gum boots drinking a swappie bottle and smoking a hand rolled cigarette.

I prefer Dominion Breweries Draught beer

Ah yes, we used to be able to have returnable beer bottles here, only 12 oz bottles though, they were also useful for creating furniture and such, I think I have a case of Point Beer returnables somewhere in my garage. Anybody have some success draining 12 750ml bottles in one session? We never got up to that volume of beer, even on the Iron Range.
    O
    CHIRO1989 wrote: »
    Anybody have some success draining 12 750ml bottles in one session? We never got up to that volume of beer, even on the Iron Range.

Yeah, personally quite a few times when I was younger and significantly dumber, and every now and then when I catch up with old friends, I don't ever start out intending to drink a whole crate, but sometimes it happens
    it can get a bit messy, depending on your timeframe, but if you figure that your average barbecue starts at four or five in the afternoon and goes to midnight or later it seems a little less ridiculous, only about 28 standard drinks to a crate so it's less then drinking a bottle of rum in a night, most guys can hold themselves together in that timeframe I'd say.

I'm not encouraging or saying its a good idea, just giving the facts, in fact, it's pretty dumb.
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,628 Senior Member
    Very sweetened peach iced tea.
  • tubabucknuttubabucknut Banned Posts: 3,520 Senior Member
    Salted melons are a little piece of heaven. Anyone who says otherwise is certifiable and should have their shooting privileges revoked.
  • SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior Member Posts: 5,462 Senior Member
    Vitamin water. It was in the fridge and I didn't have to pour it into a glass. What a country!
    Unless life also hands you water and sugar, your lemonade is gonna suck!
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I'm in love with a Glock