Home Main Category General Firearms

WHo has one of these brass catchers?

knitepoetknitepoet Senior MemberPosts: 21,392 Senior Member
I THINK JasonMPD bought one :uhm: but am wondering if anyone has any experience with them?

Midsouth has them on sale and it looks like itwould work better than the one I have that attaches to the fore-end via a velcro strap
http://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/item/00094530143/AR-15-Picatinny-Rail-Brass-Catcher-
Opinion from those of you that have used one of them???
Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Replies

• BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,973 Senior Member
    I recently bought one but forgot to take it to the range with me.

D
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,392 Senior Member
    BigDanS wrote: »
    I recently bought one but forgot to take it to the range with me.

D
    oops
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,453 Senior Member
    I have one. I've used it a few times, and it works right good. :up: Beats the devil out of lookin' for brass in tall grass!
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,557 Senior Member
    knitepoet wrote: »
    I THINK JasonMPD bought one :uhm: but am wondering if anyone has any experience with them?

Midsouth has them on sale and it looks like itwould work better than the one I have that attaches to the fore-end via a velcro strap
    http://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/item/00094530143/AR-15-Picatinny-Rail-Brass-Catcher-
    Opinion from those of you that have used one of them???

Yep. Got one. Pricey, but it works very well. Works on my FN PBR bolt action rifle too, I just have to adjust it forward a bit to clear the bolt handle.
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
    Thanks for the input :beer:

Mine's ordered :up:

• HastaHasta Member Posts: 56 Member
    I have one and its really useful.
    Hasta wrote: »
    I have one and its really useful.