Home Main Category Personal Defense

The bedroom firearm

Replies

• FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,797 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »
    Fee, Fi, Fo, Fum, I smells me a Spammin' Bum!!!

:spam:

:tooth:

I'm leaning more towards some youngster who's a little too full of himself. Possibly a little military stint and a LE job and he's gonna share his expansive knowledge with the world. Kinda like a kid who gets his first wood and thinks he invented sex.
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • Cheetoh734Cheetoh734 Senior Member Posts: 714 Senior Member
    I guess I don't get the attitude of just hopping on a forum with people you don't even know and acting like they need to listen to your expertise on something. Is it supposed to impress someone? Maybe at the LGS or range that "step aside boys, an expert is here..." attitude flies but I think you'll get a less enthusiastic reaction here. I know more than anyone I know in person about guns, their history etc. Yet when I set foot on this forum i come humble, there are guys on here that have been doing and living this hobby/obsession for many years, and some younger guys that live, sleep, eat and breathe this stuff. Just my humble warning, they will make things very tough on you very quickly if you come bragging or lecturing...
  • Dr. dbDr. db Senior Member Posts: 1,541 Senior Member
    As Bennie Hill would say, "Learning all za time."
  • ArmoredmanArmoredman Member Posts: 362 Member
    zorba wrote: »
    My God, man! Think dude, think! You don't want to incapacitate yourself!!! :rotflmao:

Hearing protection, my friend, hearing protection, electronic muffs set to filter BS louder than 50 decibels.
    Fee, Fi, Fo, Fum, I smells me a Spammin' Bum!!!

:spam:

:tooth:

How do you figure? Or are you just getting your name out there? BTW, SPAM the meat product IS a real favorite of mine, especially mixed in with top ramen and egg.

fried%20spam%20burger_zpsnjqlovop.jpg
    Fisheadgib wrote: »
    I'm leaning more towards some youngster who's a little too full of himself. Possibly a little military stint and a LE job and he's gonna share his expansive knowledge with the world. Kinda like a kid who gets his first wood and thinks he invented sex.

HAH! Thanks, haven't been called a youngster in YEARS! Yes, been wearing a badge for a day or two, or thirteen years, but who's counting, and I got out of the military before some of my staff were born. Not full of myself, (or I wouldn't post videos that show the truth, now would I?), just felt like starting some dialogue. I see that this place doesn't do well with conversation starters, though.
    Cheetoh734 wrote: »
    I guess I don't get the attitude of just hopping on a forum with people you don't even know and acting like they need to listen to your expertise on something. Is it supposed to impress someone? Maybe at the LGS or range that "step aside boys, an expert is here..." attitude flies but I think you'll get a less enthusiastic reaction here. I know more than anyone I know in person about guns, their history etc. Yet when I set foot on this forum i come humble, there are guys on here that have been doing and living this hobby/obsession for many years, and some younger guys that live, sleep, eat and breathe this stuff. Just my humble warning, they will make things very tough on you very quickly if you come bragging or lecturing...

I've been on this forum for a little while, just not very active. As I said, I was interested in starting some dialogue relating to the subject, but just as obviously, that didn't work too well. No matter and no sweat, I get paid by the hour. I don't brag or lecture unless you step into something I really know quite a bit about, (which this forum doesn't cover), and if I felt like bragging, I'd change all my posted target pictures to 1000 yards shot blindfolded or other typical internet garbage. But once again, no problem, if ya'll took it wrong, I most humbly apologize, and will bow out stage left, or right, whatever your heart desires. :) Please continue to have a most excellent day - I will.
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,643 Senior Member
    You are fine, stick around.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,611 Senior Member
    Armoredman wrote: »
    How do you figure? Or are you just getting your name out there? BTW, SPAM the meat product IS a real favorite of mine, especially mixed in with top ramen and egg.

fried%20spam%20burger_zpsnjqlovop.jpg

Looks like good eatin'! Welcome, BTW.

When it comes to sharing things, you have to understand that this forum gets LOTS of folks with the latest gee-whiz mall commando attitude. I myself am no expert, but there are some here who qualify. As such we tend to be a tad...skeptical...yeah, that's it...skeptical, when somebody new shows up and starts off as you have. Give folks a little while to warm up to you. You (and us, too) might be surprised.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,797 Senior Member
    HAH! Thanks, haven't been called a youngster in YEARS! Yes, been wearing a badge for a day or two, or thirteen years, but who's counting, and I got out of the military before some of my staff were born. Not full of myself, (or I wouldn't post videos that show the truth, now would I?), just felt like starting some dialogue. I see that this place doesn't do well with conversation starters, though.

This place does very well with conversation starters, but normally they're questions rather than instructional seminars. You're not full of yourself but you post like seven pictures of yourself giving all of us unwashed heathens insight and instruction in just one thread. (I think that's possibly a record.) There's a few people here that retired from the military before you were born as well and your entrance kinda goes against the grain. Settle down and share some thoughts rather than jumping up on a platform to teach us all something.
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
    Not at all, original post modified to reflect. No worries - gonna go size and powder coat some bullets I just cast while getting over this mild case of the flu. Have a great day!
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 16,928 Senior Member
    BTW, SPAM the meat product IS a real favorite of mine, especially mixed in with top ramen and egg.

I learned to love that in Korea in 1972...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • jaywaptijaywapti Senior Member Posts: 4,960 Senior Member
    Spam eggs & grits , best breakfast ever, take 2 cans of spam, chop into 1/2" pieces, microzap for 1 min , add to trail mix while hunting , hiking etc.

JAY

Hay this guy cant be all bad, welcome to the forum
    THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,259 Senior Member
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 24,031 Senior Member
    shush wrote: »
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIVCQpML5JxM3C545gW-j3mHzhOb4mF31hygwDGaR7PCljI_S0hw

What does it smell like?

AB669C1B-930B-4E28-B91C-F52A39D3CE7C_zpsc3cugdbd.jpg
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
    Zee wrote: »
    What does it smell like?

Knowing You?

Boiled Brussels sprouts.

Unless you have had it where you shouldn't oughter.
  • tubabucknuttubabucknut Banned Posts: 3,520 Senior Member
    Not at all, original post modified to reflect. No worries - gonna go size and powder coat some bullets I just cast while getting over this mild case of the flu. Have a great day!
    Dang dude. Don't take your ball and go home in a huff. If you have been around a while, as you said, you know the dog pack loves getting a new bone to "play" with. Take your knocks, rub some dirt on it, and get back in the game.
    ..... Take your knocks, rub some dirt on it, and get back in the game.

Good form,sir.

Good form. :up:
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 24,031 Senior Member
    shush wrote: »
    Good form.

Good form. :up:

its_all_in_the_hips-48921_zpsmxrrtryz.gif
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • tubabucknuttubabucknut Banned Posts: 3,520 Senior Member
    Well Zee clearly wins. Zee, I didn't think your legs would be so long, as short as you are. You certainly look better from this side.
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 7,051 Senior Member
    Well Zee... You certainly look better from this side.

In case you haven't noticed, you usually can't see him from the front.

Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
    Dang dude. Don't take your ball and go home in a huff. If you have been around a while, as you said, you know the dog pack loves getting a new bone to "play" with. Take your knocks, rub some dirt on it, and get back in the game.

Who's leaving? I just modified the post, that's all. ;)
    If I worried about what people thought of me personally, would I do videos like these? :tooth: I just thought is was funny to do the "Super genius" quote instead.

https://youtu.be/_bpOOPzs0jg

https://youtu.be/WKIW_TUt60c

Besides, I really did need to powder coat my bullets - casting and reloading are almost as much fun as shooting. :wink:
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,675 Senior Member
    Who's leaving? I just modified the post, that's all. ;)

Good, glad you're stickin'. Don't take this group of clowns too seriously, they're all good folk. Once they've figured you out, they'll behave themselves - kinda.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 16,928 Senior Member

Damn...that's positively hypnotic...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,484 Senior Member
    zorba wrote: »
    Good, glad you're stickin'. Don't take this group of clowns too seriously, they're all good folk. Once they've figured you out, they'll behave themselves - kinda.

I'm still trying to figure you out Zorba. I suspect many others are as well. But you rock like no one I've ever known.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Watch out where that bedroom gun is pointed, and when it goes off- - - - -accidents cause people!
    Jerry
    BAMAAK wrote: »
    I'm still trying to figure you out Zorba. I suspect many others are as well. But you rock like no one I've ever known.

Thanx for the kind words - but I'm still trying to figure me out too! So its all good.

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    Teach wrote: »
    Watch out where that bedroom gun is pointed, and when it goes off- - - - -accidents cause people!
    Jerry

I was waiting for a comment along these lines ever since the beginning of this thread! :tooth:

• NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member

If I would not get in big trouble with the wife THAT would be my screen saver ...
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell