Home Main Category Personal Defense

The bedroom firearm

Replies

• snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    Armoredman wrote: »
    If I worried about what people thought of me personally, would I do videos like these? :tooth: I just thought is was funny to do the "Super genius" quote instead.

https://youtu.be/_bpOOPzs0jg

https://youtu.be/WKIW_TUt60c

Besides, I really did need to powder coat my bullets - casting and reloading are almost as much fun as shooting. :wink:

Hey dude, if you're for real, stay. Just be advised that this bunch has its share of Spammers come through. Some here are highly suspicious. Me not so much, but I figure if you wanna make the rabbit run, you gotta shake the bushes.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    jaywapti wrote: »
    One big and one really big nasty dogs, my side cell phone, .44spc & .45acp, wife's side cell phone, .357 & .41 mag, available in 3 seconds Mossberg 12ga short bbl. & Mini-14 w/ 2-30 mags. If I need 1/2 of them I'm in deep poo.

JAY

PS , did I mention 2 nasty dogs ??

What is a "side cell phone" ????? Do I need one ? :uhm: Lol :jester:
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,716 Senior Member
    DoctorWho wrote: »
    What is a "side cell phone" ????? Do I need one ? :uhm: Lol :jester:
    Yeah, but 2 so one side does not have to fight the other side to use the side phone.
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • jaywaptijaywapti Senior Member Posts: 4,960 Senior Member
    It's the latest and greatest technological advance in cell phones, they come in left and right models with the correct nightstand :rotflmao:

JAY
    THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,675 Senior Member
    It's the latest and greatest technological advance in cell phones, they come in left and right models with the correct nightstand :rotflmao:

JAY

Sorta like a Taurus curve.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • bobbyrlf3bobbyrlf3 Senior Member Posts: 2,543 Senior Member
    See, you have one cell phone that you use for most things, with a number your wife knows well. Then you have a phone on the side..............
    Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,798 Senior Member
    bobbyrlf3 wrote: »
    See, you have one cell phone that you use for most things, with a number your wife knows well. Then you have a phone on the side..............

I had a boss one time who had three. He might have had three wives for all I know, but the way I saw him use them was to escape conversations he didn't like by calling himself, answering, and then saying, "I've got to take this one," and walking out of the room, never to reappear again. He had a whole range of tricks designed to keep people at bay who asked questions that were too hard to answer.
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,557 Senior Member
    Zee wrote: »
    Oh..........wow.

:selfemes:

I'm assuming the first picture is after he took one in the stomach because he panic fired the first 6 rounds from the wheel gun and had to reload.

The rest are just useless freakin garbage.

Cuz a China cabinet is good cover... and be sure to bring your unarmed child into harms way too.
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
    One big and one really big nasty dogs, my side cell phone, .44spc & .45acp, wife's side cell phone, .357 & .41 mag, available in 3 seconds Mossberg 12ga short bbl. & Mini-14 w/ 2-30 mags. If I need 1/2 of them I'm in deep poo.

JAY

PS , did I mention 2 nasty dogs ??

My buddy's wife found his side cell phone. She called his girlfriend and told her it was over.
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
    bobbyrlf3 wrote: »

Ohhhh, I am a big dummy !
    I have a Trac Phone I keep some minutes on for when I drop My main phone somewhere, I can ring it up, I can also lend it temporarily if someone trustworthy needs a temporary spare phone.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • ArmoredmanArmoredman Member Posts: 362 Member
    JasonMPD wrote: »
    I'm assuming the first picture is after he took one in the stomach because he panic fired the first 6 rounds from the wheel gun and had to reload.

The rest are just useless freakin garbage.

Cuz a China cabinet is good cover... and be sure to bring your unarmed child into harms way too.

Thank you for the deep and insightful comments from your years of experience - do you have an instructional video?
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    do you have an instructional video?

Nope, he doesn't need one- - - - -he's a real cop!
    Jerry
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,797 Senior Member
    :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
    Thank you for the deep and insightful comments from your years of experience - do you have an instructional video?

A video on YouTube does not an expert make.

I'm not a fly-by-night charlatan "instructor" self absorbed with pictures of myself adorned with patriotic quotes. My patriotism is offered up in the form of public service and I've had brothers bleed for it. And more blood will be shed and lives lost for our patriotism.

Bear in mind I didn't watch any of your videos. And I won't. Even IF you stumbled onto a valid point, it would come across as moot.

So, have you made some body armor from planks of that China cabinet...or?
    HAH! Thanks, haven't been called a youngster in YEARS! Yes, been wearing a badge for a day or two, or thirteen years, but who's counting, and I got out of the military before some of my staff were born. Not full of myself, (or I wouldn't post videos that show the truth, now would I?), just felt like starting some dialogue. I see that this place doesn't do well with conversation starters, though.

A CCW badge?
    zorba wrote: »
    Good, glad you're stickin'. Don't take this group of clowns too seriously, they're all good folk. Once they've figured you out, they'll behave themselves - kinda.

I'm in the "kinda" category at the moment...
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,675 Senior Member
    Are you the "armoredman" on the CZ forum?
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    zorba wrote: »
    Are you the "armoredman" on the CZ forum?

I think someone referenced this cat and CZ fare on page one or two. Seems like he may've been.

I'm not a fly-by-night charlatan "instructor" self absorbed with pictures of myself adorned with patriotic quotes. My patriotism is offered up in the form of public service and I've had brothers bleed for it. And more blood will be shed and lives lost for our patriotism.

Bear in mind I didn't watch any of your videos. And I won't. Even IF you stumbled onto a valid point, it would come across as moot.

Wow, that's truly amazing. So many assumptions in one post, right from the start, and if you note, I don't believe I ever asked if you had watched anything I've done - I don't care. I do that stuff for grins and giggles, same as the pictures. I also explained why I am in the shots, but you seem to have missed that one, too. If you hate my work so much, don't look and direct your obviously wasted time to a more beneficial use.
    A CCW badge?

No, sorry, it's a sworn badge - do you have a CCW permit badge? You speak with experience?
  • tubabucknuttubabucknut Banned Posts: 3,520 Senior Member
    Cop fight. :popcorn:
    Quick someone call the Union Rep.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,716 Senior Member
    A CCW badge?
    I have one, it is good for playing cops and robbers with the neighborhood kids.
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    No, sorry, it's a sworn badge - do you have a CCW permit badge? You speak with experience?

Fairly poor comeback. You'd have done better with "yo momma".

I don't really believe the cop thing, sorry. Unless you have an actual business promoting something or doing teaches, why would you risk your PERSEC with oddball pictures of yourself? One picture even lends to the layout of your house.

I've seen the LEO product getting paychecks today. Maybe you are a cop.
    NN wrote: »
    I have one, it is good for playing cops and robbers with the neighborhood kids.

About all it's good for lol
    Cop fight. :popcorn:
    Quick someone call the Union Rep.

I've seen my union rep in action--twice. I'd rather be represented by a sack of flour.
    Fairly poor comeback. You'd have done better with "yo momma".

I don't really believe the cop thing, sorry. Unless you have an actual business promoting something or doing teaches, why would you risk your PERSEC with oddball pictures of yourself? One picture even lends to the layout of your house.

I've seen the LEO product getting paychecks today. Maybe you are a cop.

Where did it say that is my house? Who said I don't promote something? As for "you don't believe", that's just fine, as long as the state keeps paying me for it, I don't care who believes in me or the tooth fairy. :) As for comebacks., once again, I don't really care all that much, doesn't affect my paycheck. I wish you the best of luck and safety in whatever you do, sir.
    I've seen my union rep in action--twice. I'd rather be represented by a sack of flour.

Try working in a Right-to-Work state. Three unions competing for officers, and all three of them as useless as a cub bear wearing boxing gloves. The legal representation is all it's good for, and even then they will do whatever they can to not show up, unless they smell money.
    Try working in a Right-to-Work state. Three unions competing for officers, and all three of them as useless as a cub bear wearing boxing gloves. The legal representation is all it's good for, and even then they will do whatever they can to not show up, unless they smell money.

I do. That's half the issue.

Just for giggles, I have seen some really heavy duty China closets with a large plate of steel in the back wall to counterweight for lots of heavy China on the shelves !
    However, I sincerely doubt it would stop bullets.
    I wouldn't trust it in any case !

Edited to add, a China closet accident cost my family lots of old irreplaceable keepsakes, something settled in the structure, and the China closet fell toward and destroyed most everything in it.