Home Main Category Personal Defense

The bedroom firearm

124»

Replies

• JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,557 Senior Member
    DoctorWho wrote: »
    Just for giggles, I have seen some really heavy duty China closets with a large plate of steel in the back wall to counterweight for lots of heavy China on the shelves !
    However, I sincerely doubt it would stop bullets.
    I wouldn't trust it in any case !

Edited to add, a China closet accident cost my family lots of old irreplaceable keepsakes, something settled in the structure, and the China closet fell toward and destroyed most everything in it.

Made in China?
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    JasonMPD wrote: »
    Made in China?

Nope, American made.

Maybe closet for Chinaware would be a better name, or display cabinet for Chinaware of / from various countries ! Lol
    :jester:
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 6,477 Senior Member
    Just out of curiosity armoredman. In the pict of you and the boy, why did you pass not 1, not 2 but 3 much better concealment and two routes of escape and one almost cover to hunker downp behind a piece of furniture that would barely hide the boy? If your going to post it we will comment. Oh, and I don't have a ccw badge, but I did stay at a holiday inn express last night.
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Does Goat Sniffer have a new handle?
    Jerry
  • ArmoredmanArmoredman Member Posts: 362 Member
    Goat Sniffer? Sorry, never heard of him.
    The point of the original photo was to highlight the court decision, nothing more. Also, that was a first try for that motif, but I liked it enough to use it once in a while. The only reason I used that old photo here was that someone mentioned I only have "throbbers" for CZ, so I trotted out some pics of other guns, with my face in them, simply to prove that they were mine and I used them. That's all, nothing more, but a few people blew pant loads over them, so the fun began. I just decided to let it roll.. So, how were the beds at that Holiday Inn Express? :) BTW, I don't have a CCW badge either, stupidest damn things on the planet, right behind Prius and Democrats.
    Armoredman wrote: »
    Goat Sniffer? Sorry, never heard of him.
    The point of the original photo was to highlight the court decision, nothing more. Also, that was a first try for that motif, but I liked it enough to use it once in a while. The only reason I used that old photo here was that someone mentioned I only have "throbbers" for CZ, so I trotted out some pics of other guns, with my face in them, simply to prove that they were mine and I used them. That's all, nothing more, but a few people blew pant loads over them, so the fun began. I just decided to let it roll.. So, how were the beds at that Holiday Inn Express? :) BTW, I don't have a CCW badge either, stupidest damn things on the planet, right behind Prius and Democrats.

They were just fine:tooth: There is a wealth of experience and knowledge on this forum, LEO's, retired LEO's, gunsmiths, gun builders, bench rest shooters, guys that "do the impossible" with handguns, 3 gun shooters, guys that have been shooting forever, you name it we got it and everything in between. I would say that we have a great group of guys that are willing to share what they know, but they don't brag about it. You have to admit when you show pictures that depict you in various "tactical" situations, that may be questionable tactics, you may get called out on it. Im not saying don't post pictures, because we love them. Just the whole look at me "I'm a tactics expert and you need to ask me about my on line videos. Here are a few still shots of me and my tactics." We have been there with other new members that only wanted to tell us all how wrong we were and how great they are, and that my friend will get a few reactions. Just sayin'
    Oh, I understand that - I would be the LAST person to state I am a tactical genius of anything but barbecue, and that's still up in the air. Like I've said here a couple of times, I'm not selling anything, don't care if anyone watches my videos or not, and have no ax to grind. BTW, I forgot to add that that location was mainly chosen for lighting purposes - my main lights were down that day...long since replaced. :) The kid in the photo has his own guns now, even though he prefers .22lr to any other caliber...
    I've met some of the best shooters in the world, and I know how far back I stand in THAT pack! Actually, I don't think I could qualify for the nosebleed seats...but they are some really neat ladies and gentlemen.
    Does that clear things up - and who was Goat Sniffer - relative of Gun Kid?
    So many they all blur together......but Gecko45 was a standout.
  • tubabucknuttubabucknut Banned Posts: 3,520 Senior Member
    It has been a long time since Gecko. Wasn't he going to bugout with five or six long guns in a drag bag, and a couple of thousand rounds, and he was going to do all of this on foot when the world ended.
    Wasn't he the one who said he was the security team leader at some mall, wearing plate armor taped to his back? I remember him...

I never take myself too seriously, and I offer the following photos to prove it. Like I said, I have a REAL limited selection of models to choose from. :D

toaster1.jpg

Constitutionalcarrygoofy.jpg

The only time I am really serious is at work. When I watched 7 of my officers loaded into ambulances I was as serious as the day is long. One outstanding sergeant won a national award for life saving that day, and he deserved it.

But off duty, why not. Life is too short.

Edit to add, I think it was Gun Kid that had the huge bug out setup, in his tactical wheelbarrow.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,716 Senior Member
    You need to come to one of the shoots, you would not stand out at all.
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • tubabucknuttubabucknut Banned Posts: 3,520 Senior Member

Constitutionalcarrygoofy.jpg

Samzhere 70 years ago!
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,675 Senior Member
    Dude! I'm the one who holds the title of "Forum Weird-O" - you're gonna have to work a LOT harder if you want the title! :rotflmao:
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 24,031 Senior Member
    zorba wrote: »
    Dude! I'm the one who holds the title of "Forum Weird-O" - you're gonna have to work a LOT harder if you want the title! :rotflmao:

We have several weirdos. You just happen to be the one in the dress.
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,484 Senior Member
    Zee wrote: »
    We have several weirdos. You just happen to be the one in the dress.

Says the man with the kilt
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
    Zee wrote: »
    We have several weirdos. You just happen to be the one in the skirt.
    FIFY :jester:

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    NN wrote: »
    You need to come to one of the shoots, you would not stand out at all.

I'm considering having half a pickup load of dried cow flops on hand next time- - - - -nothing like an organic frizbee contest to make the bull shippers feel right at home!
    Jerry
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,495 Senior Member
    BAMAAK wrote: »
    Says the man with the kilt
    He's not the only one here who's worn a kilt....
    Overkill is underrated.
    He's not the only one here who's worn a kilt....

I might wear an Irish kilt, but never a bra !
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
    DoctorWho wrote: »
    I might wear an Irish kilt, but never a bra !
    The correct term is a "Bro," come on git with it man!
    Elk creek wrote: »
    The correct term is a "Bro," come on git with it man!

And you know this how?

• RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Posts: 2,306 Senior Member
    And you know this how?

Seinfeld episode
    RugerFan wrote: »
    Seinfeld episode
    :win:
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,159 Senior Member
    Are you the "armoredman" on the CZ forum?

Yes he is. I was a moderator on CZ forum for a period of time with him forever ago (in internet time... More like 7 years IRL). As he said , he ant selling anything and claims to be weird in real life.

It might be crossposting, but since some of our more established members did the same thing on some other forums- I'll let it stand.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
    That voice sounds...familiar....
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    That voice sounds...familiar....

I don't remember his "Voice" but do remember that Bullsi is also a pretty darn good shot especially with a .308/7.62 Indian made Ishapore Enfield rifle busting orange clays on the 100 yard berm standing with iron sights shootin off-brand ammo, as SS3 and I witnessed at a TX Shoot a few years ago.

ps.........his taste in BBQ is good too :tooth:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    Some here have been accused of preparing "cremated hotdogs" and calling the remains of said hotdogs (gasp) BARBECUE !!!
    Words fail me,
    I wish I could forget there is such wickedness in the World !!!