Home Main Category Clubhouse

Another "Gripe"

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 32,995 Senior Member
I went into a Walgreen's the other day to pick up a couple things and when I went to fetch a hand-basket I realized something was wrong with it.

No longer one or two handles to carry it around for a few items, the dang thing had 2 wheels on it and the handle rotates up so you have to pull it around with you. It is a PITA to use and I think a **** replacement for the ole hand carried basket.

Other folks were complaining about them too and a clerk said she has been hearing that from customers since they put them out.

I hope they still kept the full size buggy's around for when you want to buy a couple cases of bottled water or 3 or 4 six-packs of Cokes or whatever. They can fergit it and no ole fart is or maybe not even physically capable of lugging that stuff around the store to shop/checkout/carry to their car without a full sized buggy.

OK, I've griped enough for now.
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Now, I have seen Baby Buggy's in Winn Dixie stores/clothing stores meant for a few items which aren't that bad, just a little goofy to use, but push like regular cart. Like using a toy, but bigger.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,667 Senior Member
    I'm annoyed when I can't FIND a darn hand-basket. Some stores seem to hide them...
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,398 Senior Member
    The hand basket shortage has a reason. Everyone in the country is IN one and wondering where we're going at such a high rate of speed! Sayin'.

I like the hand baskets, too, for just needing something to carry a few items in at the store. I HATE those stupid two wheel pull carts, and have complained about them, too. If you try to push the *&^%&&&* thing, the handle collapses, and if you try to pull it behind you the *^%%^&* thing tries to trip you. Somebody needs a butt whoopin' over those two wheel cart thingys.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,715 Senior Member
    You'd probably complain if they hung you with a new rope
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
    NN wrote: »
    You'd probably complain if the hung you with a new rope

Dang right, I deserve a Gold Rope!
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,667 Senior Member
    I have yet to see one of these 2 wheeled monstrosities you describe. Sounds like I'm not missing much...
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,484 Senior Member
    You going to sit on your porch tommorrw night cursing at the annoying little kids asking for candy? Bunch of damn future liberals asking for free stuff, get a job you little bastards.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
    BAMAAK wrote: »
    You going to sit on your porch tommorrw night cursing at the annoying little kids asking for candy? Bunch of damn future liberals asking for free stuff, get a job you little bastards.

Nope, we bought extra candy and really enjoy handing it out. Sometimes we get 30-40 and some years none. Hard to tell these days, lots of parents take them to schools/Churches/stores anymore.
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 8,262 Senior Member
    The ones I saw at Rite Aid a couple days ago had one handle you could sorta carry them around with, and a longer handle that folded over the top that extended to turn it into a four-wheeled pull-cart.

Initial reaction: mmmmmmm. . . kinda stupid.

On reflection: This IS a pharmacy, and a lot of the customer base will lean to the old and decrepit. . .like Big Chief.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,155 Senior Member
    robben-blog-300x199.jpg
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    Grandpa Simpson quote;

"I'm an old man, I hate everything except Mattlock, oooohhh he's on now !!!!"
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
    Bigslug wrote: »
    The ones I saw at Rite Aid a couple days ago had one handle you could sorta carry them around with, and a longer handle that folded over the top that extended to turn it into a four-wheeled pull-cart.

Initial reaction: mmmmmmm. . . kinda stupid.

On reflection: This IS a pharmacy, and a lot of the customer base will lean to the old and decrepit. . .like Big Chief.

Says the pot to the kettle !!!!
    :jester:
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,798 Senior Member
    Don't use 'em. I want one of those square-wheeled buggies so I can butt the other carts out of the way, without having to slow down. I'm normally a gentleman, but blue-haired old ladies with shopping carts are a menace. :whip2:
    At one point after a rather nice LODI injury, I was walking with the help of two canes, and this old woman bangs me from behind in the ankles with her chopping cart, when I asked why, she exclaimed I wasn't moving fast enough !!!!

Even though she obviously could see I was physically impaired and struggling on two canes !!!!
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,611 Senior Member
    Part of the problem is the cost of those conveniences coupled with their easy portability. Folks like 'em, so they keep them. I had an inventory of about 200 of the damned things in seven spots around our store. Somebody mentioned that we seem to have fewer than we should...that count (minus the ones in use at the time) showed we have slightly more than 100 left. I'm going to have to order another 100 to cover the 'shrinkage'. After checking the price at one of our primary suppliers, I'm glad I don't have to pay for them personally! :yikes: After shipping, twelve of them fully decorated with the company logo and complete with a cute little rack that I will immediately throw away costs about $300. Unfortunately, dealing with dirtbags and other selfish folks is the cost of doing business.

The search continues...

I just took a semi load (500 units) of those little two-tiered carts to be parsed out amongst the stores in our chain. The little carts cost us ~ $275 each. The big ones almost double that, unless I buy those in lots of more than 400...then they lower the price to around $450 each. I have about 30 of the large ones in my shop right now, waiting for repair. by the end of next week, I'll have another thirty.

These are just a few examples. The next time you see somebody with one of the baskets labeled "ABC grocery" no where near the store the basket belongs too, thank them for the high cost of your groceries. Mebbe punch 'em in the face for me, too.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin