Home Main Category Clubhouse

Took the boy trick or treating, saw some adults dressed up...

breamfisherbreamfisher Senior MemberPosts: 13,495 Senior Member
...one was the Swedish Chef from the Muppet who.

I'm thinking about going next year as a tac-turd. Pad my shirt in the belly area, wear 5.11 gear, chest carrier full of candy bars and magazines, camelback full of gravy or chocolate sauce, pack of Camels in my shirt pocket, twin handguns in thigh rigs, shotgun slung on my back, AR in my hands, Oakleys, hat with a 3%er patch on it (not a comment on those who actually are of that group), and makeup to make my face red, while panting like a thoroughbred coming down the stretch.

Think anyone would get the joke?
Overkill is underrated.

Replies

• Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 6,083 Senior Member
    Get air soft guns, the ones who do GET it will think it is hilarious. MOST folks will almost call the cops.
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member
    Don't forget to "tape" your plates in place :tooth:
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,635 Senior Member
    Son#3 walked around the neighborhood as a cowboy villain with his Red Ryder on his back, nobody said a thing.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Posts: 2,295 Senior Member
    I realize by asking this question I'm showing my ignorance, but...... what's a "3%er"?
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,128 Senior Member
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,495 Senior Member
    Get air soft guns, the ones who do GET it will think it is hilarious. MOST folks will almost call the cops.
    Oh, the plan is to use fakes all along. Well, mostly....
    NCFUBAR wrote: »
    Don't forget to "tape" your plates in place :tooth:
    Good idea. Hello Kitty duct tape?
    CHIRO1989 wrote: »
    Son#3 walked around the neighborhood as a cowboy villain with his Red Ryder on his back, nobody said a thing.
    In the area we trick or treat (and they go all out - hot dogs, chips, and cold drinks at three houses, full-size candy bars at others) some folks might get worked up.

Thanks for the pickup on the info, Jerm!
    Overkill is underrated.
  • tubabucknuttubabucknut Banned Posts: 3,520 Senior Member
    So we have 1 percenters, 3 percenters, and 99 percenters, what about all of the other percenters.
  • tubabucknuttubabucknut Banned Posts: 3,520 Senior Member
    Bream, you must hang every available accessory from said AR or the costume will be a bust.
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,798 Senior Member
    Be careful that you aren't competing with the other children - I've seen too many of those guys coaching kids' ball games. Now...if the boy dressed up that way, it would be very funny (to me).
  • RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Posts: 2,295 Senior Member
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 7,041 Senior Member
    You're in a Southern state, correct?

I think you'll get perforated beyond recognition.

Mike

edited to clarify: This wasn't a snub against southerners. I'm from Louisiana and lived there for over forty years. An "armed joke" would get dealt with pretty quickly, then they'd find the humor in it.
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
    Bream, you must hang every available accessory from said AR or the costume will be a bust.
    Of course! I'll have a bipod, laser designator, flare launcher, scope, BUIS, red dot, 5 mags taped together, and a bayonet.
    bisley wrote: »
    Be careful that you aren't competing with the other children - I've seen too many of those guys coaching kids' ball games. Now...if the boy dressed up that way, it would be very funny (to me).
    Who do you think will be my wingman? He'll be carrying the minigun.
    Linefinder wrote: »
    You're in a Southern state, correct?

I think you'll get perforated beyond recognition.

Mike

edited to clarify: This wasn't a snub against southerners. I'm from Louisiana and lived there for over forty years. An "armed joke" would get dealt with pretty quickly, then they'd find the humor in it.
    Good point.
    If you saw how many folks were in the area my son trick or treated in, you'd see it was unlikely to happen. Way too many people and too good of a chance of cross-fire. Seriously, the police don't close down the street, and it's a busy street, but most folks just avoid it during Halloween.

Plus I wouldn't actually do this because:
    A. It's been pretty warm the last few Halloweens, so I'd likely sweat to death with all that junk on.
    B. I'd actually have to buy stuff just for the costume, something I'm remiss to do (were I to do it, the firearms would be OBVIOUSLY fake, and of not much real use.)
    C. I'd really rather not go to that much effort. Just funnin'....
    Overkill is underrated.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,714 Senior Member
    Trick or treating with the kids around a military gtrs area used to be a cheap drunk back in the good oud days, just needed to bring your own mug,
    a big one.
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,153 Senior Member
    $_35.JPG
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
    Just funnin'....

Me, too.
    Me, too.
    Sad thing is, from what I saw, some folks WERE trying to outdress the kids. Others were family units that went as a group. One family was characters from Toy Story. Another family was Gru and his minions, still another was a group of hillbillies. I know for some families the kids picked the them. Not sure about others.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    So we have 1 percenters, 3 percenters, and 99 percenters, what about all of the other percenters.

And I thought it was all about milk, I sure am ignorant about some things..... Lol
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    NN wrote: »
    Trick or treating with the kids around a military gtrs area used to be a cheap drunk back in the good oud days, just needed to bring your own mug,
    a big one.

Now that's a great idea Ned. As for the 3%, I think that percentage has gone up since then.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    Sad thing is, from what I saw, some folks WERE trying to outdress the kids. Others were family units that went as a group. One family was characters from Toy Story. Another family was Gru and his minions, still another was a group of hillbillies. I know for some families the kids picked the them. Not sure about others.

Yep, see it all the time.

My youngest daughter has four girls, from 6 to 12. She sews, and she and her husband both have some artistic ability, so she let the girls pick their characters and they all made costumes from scratch that looked really good. They had a lot of fun making them, didn't spend much, and the kids thought they were in charge of the whole deal.
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    I think that is great and the whole point of a holiday, complete family involvement, plus if you can make your own costumes, they will be much better than anything one can buy.
    My sincere congratulations.

Edited to add: you can pay lots of money for a costume made from shower curtain liners and other bloody rot, or make / sew etc it out of good stuff.
    I remember really good cloth for sale with a small oil stain or other imperfections easily avoided by properly cutting, called remnants, really expensive stuff sold cheaply in the garment district.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
    She had all kinds of remnants that my mother had accumulated over about 50 years - satin, velour, etc. - so they were fine quality, at a cost of nearly zero. They can play dress-up, hand them down sister-to-sister, or rip them out and make something else. There's no telling how often that was done before now.