Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Appeals court rules against Obama immigration plan

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 32,995 Senior Member
King Obammy can NOT get away with everything he decrees by executive action :applause::applause:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/11/09/appeals-court-rules-against-obama-immigration-plan/?intcmp=hpbt3

NEW ORLEANS – President Obama's plan to protect from deportation an estimated 5 million people living in the United States illegally has suffered another setback in court.

In a 2-1 decision, the 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in New Orleans upheld a Texas-based judge's injunction blocking the Obama administration's immigration initiative.

Republicans had criticized the plan as an illegal executive overreach when Obama announced it last November. Twenty-six states challenged the plan in court.

The administration argued that the executive branch was within its rights in deciding to defer deportation of selected groups of immigrants.

Part of the initiative included expansion of a program called Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, protecting young immigrants from deportation if they were brought to the U.S. illegally as children.
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,683 Senior Member
    Good!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,713 Senior Member
    Good news.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • shootbrownelkshootbrownelk Senior Member Posts: 2,035 Senior Member
    That's a good first step....Now send them packing.
  • TxwheelsTxwheels Member Posts: 151 Member
    Sounds good but doesn't mean a thing. Won't be anything done to get rid of the illegals!
    If I don't answer the phone, I'm probably in the Senate taking a POTUS and wiping my Congress
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,798 Senior Member
    It won't faze Obama, in his quest to bring this country to its knees. For every one of these illegal orders he issues, there are a dozen other tricks that we never even hear about. Fortunately, most of the pinch-faced women that he chooses to run all of these subterfuges are incompetent. Every sneaky thing they attempt relies on media compliance, and folks are starting to catch on to that, I think.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,683 Senior Member
    Appointing a person who should be charged with felony obstruction of justice. This guy (Obama) is just getting blatant.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."