Home Main Category General Firearms

Holy OUCH Batman!

ZeeZee Senior MemberPosts: 27,467 Senior Member
funny%20smith%20and%20wesson%20500%20gif_zps1id52jgf.gif
"To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith

Replies

• JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,244 Senior Member
    She locked her arms with that big revolver. Bad idea. You gotta roll with it.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    That'll take the zip outta yet zap
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • hawk18hawk18 Senior Member Posts: 742 Senior Member
    So what's the fire coming from around the hammer?

Hawk
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,244 Senior Member
    hawk18 wrote: »
    So what's the fire coming from around the hammer?

Hawk

Cylinder gap.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,986 Senior Member
    Wow. Thank Goddess it (apparently) missed smacking her in the head/face!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • hawk18hawk18 Senior Member Posts: 742 Senior Member
    I would expect fire from the front of the cylinder, not through the frame and around the hammer.

Hawk
  • FreezerFreezer Senior Member Posts: 2,362 Senior Member
    Someone should be pistol whipped for giving her that cannon!
    I like Elmer Keith; I married his daughter :wink:
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    It seemed like the shooter was trying to avoid a broken finger as recoil was stout enough to bend it back, add a lack of experience with such handguns and not using low power loads to start off with.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • DanChamberlainDanChamberlain Senior Member Posts: 3,395 Senior Member
    hawk18 wrote: »
    I would expect fire from the front of the cylinder, not through the frame and around the hammer.

Hawk

Your angle is wrong. The fire is not coming from the hammer. It's from the cylinder gap. The problem is, the gases jetting from the gap, aren't visible until about 4 inches from the gun. It looks like it's farther behind than it actually is.
    It's a source of great pride for me, that when my name is googled, one finds book titles and not mug shots. Daniel C. Chamberlain
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,877 Senior Member
    Freezer wrote: »
    Someone should be pistol whipped for giving her that cannon!
    Agreed. Every time I see one of these videos, I get mad at the idjits who give folks like that a firearm they can't handle.

And if my wife sees a video like that, makes her less likely to want to try shooting.
    I'm just here for snark.
  • Jeff in TXJeff in TX Senior Member Posts: 2,412 Senior Member
    "This is a 44 magnum the most power handgun in the world, do you feel lucky punk"!:buff2: Apparently she wasn't lucky! :win:
    Distance is not an issue, but the wind can make it interesting!

John 3: 1-21
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 25,128 Senior Member
    Appears she got lucky and nothing important was hit
  • bobbyrlf3bobbyrlf3 Senior Member Posts: 2,591 Senior Member
    Jeff in TX wrote: »
    "This is a 44 magnum the most power handgun in the world, do you feel lucky punk"!:buff2: Apparently she wasn't lucky! :win:

Not to be pedantic, but that wasn't a .44
    Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 8,227 Senior Member
    John Wayne said it best.

"Too much gun."
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • shootbrownelkshootbrownelk Senior Member Posts: 2,035 Senior Member
    As soon as the gun was picked up and had the dirt shaken off, it should have been used to dent the skull of the idiot who gave her that gun to shoot and filmed it because he thought it'd be funny. There's another girl who'll be afraid of guns. You see that sort of thing all the time on you tube.
  • HastaHasta Member Posts: 56 Member
    She got lucky, she could have been more injured.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    As soon as the gun was picked up and had the dirt shaken off, it should have been used to dent the skull of the idiot who gave her that gun to shoot and filmed it because he thought it'd be funny. There's another girl who'll be afraid of guns. You see that sort of thing all the time on you tube.

Yes, it makes me cringe. In this case she could have fired another round into herself or a bystander trying to hang on to it.

I hope the IDIOT who made that video/gave her the gun reads this and learns what responsible gun owners think of him and his firearms antics. :angry: :cuss:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • WeatherbyWeatherby Senior Member Posts: 4,953 Senior Member
    The girl is probably a very good shot.......her follow through looks very good.
    Keeps her head down didn't push or heal anticipating recoil
    She was no rookie and I think chose to take that shot......not set up by some male.

That's what " I" see
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,986 Senior Member
    Hopefully it only had one round in it.

That's what I do when I'm shooting something new in a caliber that I'm not familiar with.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 4,554 Senior Member
    I kind of suspect this was staged. Look at her right hand as it recoils, it appears that her fingers were never around the grip but more along side of it allowing the revolver to roll back out of her hands. Could be wrong but that's what it looks like to me. Dumb ass stunt regardless.

Sako
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    If it was staged, she needs to get a job with a circus act because that would take some serious dedication/practice for it to flip without hitting her.......................
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    My boy wanted to shoot my Remington 1858 replica
    He was seven or eight yro. I stood behind him giving his hands and wrist support with mine. No problem of any kind occured. If my 23 yro step daughter requested to shoot anything I suspected might be too much I would be sure to insure her safety. Same with anyone else that might honor me with their trust.
    I'm glad to see I'm not alone here.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • DanChamberlainDanChamberlain Senior Member Posts: 3,395 Senior Member
    knitepoet wrote: »
    I will add, I let folks shoot my 45-70 Contender quite often. Quite a few of them have never experienced that level of recoil in a handgun.

I sold my Contender .45-70 barrel to my son-in-law's father. He's taken a few nice deer with it. Me, I bought another 14" hunter barrel in .375 Winchester and it's sweet! I love the .45-70 in a rifle, but hated it in the Contender.
    It's a source of great pride for me, that when my name is googled, one finds book titles and not mug shots. Daniel C. Chamberlain