Home Main Category General Firearms

Need some support-

1965Jeff1965Jeff Senior MemberPosts: 1,648 Senior Member
Keep me from looking at palmetto state website- there Black Friday sales are going to cause gun fund depletion....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Replies

• KSU FirefighterKSU Firefighter Senior Member Posts: 3,249 Senior Member
    By the way Jeff, I shot my AR. That 16" barrel is the bomb. You know you want one.
    The fire service needs a "culture of extinguishment not safety" Ray McCormack FDNY
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 25,126 Senior Member
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 2,927 Senior Member
    One small order didn't hurt me.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,985 Senior Member
    rberglof wrote: »
    One small order didn't hurt me.

Yet.

But it will lead to others!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 14,204 Senior Member
    What are the voices telling you?
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 6,083 Senior Member
    1965Jeff wrote: »
    Keep me from looking at palmetto state website- there Black Friday sales are going to cause gun fund depletion....

My 16" barrel upper I got from them shoots awesome.
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 2,927 Senior Member
    zorba wrote: »
    Yet.

But it will lead to others!

That was my second order today.

But they were both small.
  • gunner81gunner81 Member Posts: 623 Senior Member
    Don't ask me for support they allready found my weakness Sig 938 $499.99 I just wish I had it for tomorrow to take deer hunting. Not to use but to shoot
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,813 Senior Member
    The best support I can offer you is that the Palmetto AR-15 that I assembled bores me so much that I haven't even taken it to the range, yet. I thought that the RRA National Match trigger that I installed in it for $62 would spur me on, but I still haven't shot it. Maybe when I get my red dot back from my grandson (who built a Palmetto lower), I will be inspired enough to go to the range.

Did I help you, any?
    cpj wrote: »
    You need a backup. I mean, what if this one fails?

Makes perfect sense to me. Didn't you say that you NEED a lighter weight upper instead of your bull barrel?
    The fire service needs a "culture of extinguishment not safety" Ray McCormack FDNY
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member
    Sorry, no help here. While I didn't order any firearm or major components I did order a boat load of smalls to keep my current ones running. I think sometimes I take up as much room for parts and misc as I do for guns but you never know what or when you need something.
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
    cpj wrote: »
    Of course! The bull barrels are too heavy. Need a truck to move them. What you need is a light weight gun. One that you can carry by yourself.

Exactly!
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Do they have bolt actions?
    :uhm:
    Jerry
  • Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 6,083 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    Do they have bolt actions?
    :uhm:
    Jerry

Yes Mossberg Patriot rifles .270, .30-06, .308. $239
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,577 Senior Member
    1965Jeff wrote: »

Aero Precision has upper/lower AR10 receiver combos WITH a lower parts kit for $280.

I'm fighting temptation so, so hard...
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • 1965Jeff1965Jeff Senior Member Posts: 1,648 Senior Member
    I will have the grand children carry the heavy rifles, while I observe from a safe distance. Or even better- son in law! The old habits of using a gun bearer is looking like a smart way to go...

• 1965Jeff1965Jeff Senior Member Posts: 1,648 Senior Member
    Cyber Monday is looking pretty dangerous to the wallet too. But exercise is good for the kids & sil as well.