Home Main Category Hunting

Dog vest

FreezerFreezer Senior MemberPosts: 2,356 Senior Member
My GSP does fairly well at duck and pheasant hunting. Today I decided to see how she would do with rabbit. I put a chest protector on her and away we went. The brush is thick and high. I thought everything went well until I brought he home and gave her a bath. She is completely raw between heer front legs and chest. I searched Cabela's for a better vest but no luck. Is there a better dog vest on the market?
I like Elmer Keith; I married his daughter :wink:

Replies

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 25,125 Senior Member
    Suppose it was the vest? I've never seen that problem without a vest and briars here can be very thick.
  • SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior Member Posts: 5,463 Senior Member
    There are 2 places that are my go to for dog stuff: Ray Allen and Boulder Creek Performance K9. Both are hand made in the USA and both will custom make anything you can dream of, though Boulder Creek specializes in leather. Most everything else is made in who knows where.
    Unless life also hands you water and sugar, your lemonade is gonna suck!
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I'm in love with a Glock
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 8,155 Senior Member
    My GSP hunts upland birds in all sorts of brush with this particular vest from Lion Country Supply. It's fairly light, but highly visible and tough enough for his hyper jaunts and nary an issue with chafing:

http://www.lcsupply.com/LCS-Bird-Dog-Armor-Vest/productinfo/BDAV/

In fact, I had him in that very vest just yesterday when I took him and my daughter pheasant hunting.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.