Home Main Category General Firearms

Deal I couldn't pass up

MileHighShooterMileHighShooter Senior MemberPosts: 4,975 Senior Member
Went to GM today to get some reloading gear on sale. Missed the part in that add, that it was only bullets/brass/powder. Not a huge deal, BUT...my GM only had 223/308 brass, and a very brisk selection of Hornady bullets. Powder...nothing I don't already have a few lbs of. Decided to look at their extremely bare used section, and then saw all used guns are 10% off Wed-Sat. Took a while to get someones attention (only 2 guys I know still work there, that place turned to fecal piles and everyone quit or got fired for not selling enough credit cards). But finally I get some help and I have him read off the used guns I don't recognize on the shelf. Some OK deals...nothing special, but the last one he shows me is a Ruger Mk ii (post tang, pre hawkeye) with a lot of scraps on the blue. 350$! With the 10% I put that bad boy on layaway for 315$ I put it on LAW because I still had yet to go to Cabela's and I'll be going to BPS tomorrow, so just in case I found something else I liked better I didn't fully purchase.

But alas, nothing better at Cabela's. I'll be picking it up next week after payday. Its a wood/blue 7mm Rem Mag. Had a scope on it, forgot what it was. Wasn't something I was after or anything, but good guns at that price are rare as hens teeth around here anymore, the gun laws and buying craze totally dried up the decent used market. For under 350$ OTD it was a no brainer! Pics to follow upon pick up

Replies