Home Main Category General Firearms

Ruger No. 1 RSI 6.5 Swede

ken55ken55 Senior MemberPosts: 782 Senior Member
Finally got the Ruger No.1 I ordered. Here's the photo and a range report will follow when it warms up and I finally pass this danged kidney stone!

I got all the brass, bullets, and dies the same day I got the rifle so I'm all set up.

Replies

• ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 27,464 Senior Member
    I do not like you one bit.
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 25,126 Senior Member
    It is a looker alright.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    :guns::guns: Very nice
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 4,551 Senior Member
    Excellent choice!!!
  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,684 Senior Member
    Yep, hating you quite a bit myself right now, nice grab
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    I think even an old Swede would be envious.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • ojrojr Senior Member Posts: 1,274 Senior Member
    Lovely.
    The flight was uneventful, which is what one wants when one is transporting an Elephant.
     Reuters, Dec 2020.
  • Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 7,370 Senior Member
    That is a great rifle!
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,813 Senior Member
    It's a beautiful rifle and 6.5x55 is a great chambering that can perform as well as many modern chambering, in the right rifle. I hope you find a load that makes it a great shooter that can realize its potential. Either way, it's a rifle that will be easy to love. :yousuck:
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 7,956 Senior Member
    knitepoet wrote: »
    Add me to the list of folks not liking you at the moment :agree: :that:

:yousuck:
    To reiterate :agree::yousuck:
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 8,364 Senior Member
    ken55 wrote: »
    Finally got the Ruger No.1 I ordered. Here's the photo and a range report will follow when it warms up and I finally pass this danged kidney stone!

I got all the brass, bullets, and dies the same day I got the rifle so I'm all set up.

I am sure that a couple of guys here will do a range report for you while you wait for the kidney stone.......................Heck, send it to me and I will, purely to help you out of course.....and don't forget to include the brass, bullets and dies. (Don't bother with powder, the least I can do is supply that)

You suck doesn't seem adequate enough............
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • ken55ken55 Senior Member Posts: 782 Senior Member
    Aww, gee thanks, fellas. :hug: Only in this nuthouse would comments like "You suck" and "I really don't like you" and Wambli's especially eloquent feedback make a guy go all warm inside and feel loved! I like the Swede a lot but if my wife finds out about it I'm cooked.

I sure wiped out the gun fund though. Guess that's what it's for.

I didn't shop much but I could only find a box of Sierra 120 grain ProHunter bullets around here. I went to the Hodgen's website and found a load for 38 grains of Varget under those long skinny bullets, which was one grain down from the top of the chart but still says it produces about 2800 fps MV. There might be a better powder for the Swede but I've got a lot of Varget so I thought I'd start there. When I built a dummy round to check the chamber it seemed a little short with a max COAL of 2.950 but that still leaves enough neck to seat 140 grainers okay. This rifle is incredibly light and well balanced and I'm looking forward to spending some quality time with it. It's gonna go deer hunting next season, too. Here are my other Rugers:

10/22 International Talo
    M77 International 30-06
    No. 1B 30-06
    No. 1 Tropical .375 H&H
    M77 .308
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Women just don't understand............ask her how may pairs of shoes/handbags she has and why and when she says they are for different occasions and some are only for once or twice a year say.. See so are my guns quit griping..................and then run :jester:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    Big Chief wrote: »
    Women just don't understand............ask her how may pairs of shoes/handbags she has and why and when she says they are for different occasions and some are only for once or twice a year say.. See so are my guns quit griping..................and then run :jester:

She sure as heck doesn't "get it" but she is actually pretty good about my "gun thing" . . . but then I don't always let her see what's in the boxes either.
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 8,364 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »

Tell her that research shows that shoes are an obsession and that guns are a necessity..............
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 12,142 Senior Member
    Thats one pretty rifle.
    :yousuck:
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Hondo341Hondo341 Member Posts: 448 Member
    I have a rifle in 6.5x55. It is a great round. My gun doesn't look as nice as yours.
    "People are responsible to play a role in their own safety." Sheriff David Clarke 2016
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 18,118 Senior Member
    Nice! and in a most useful chambering as well...I kinda hate you right now...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Ask her how many of her shoes have appreciated in value over the last 10 years. That should get you :punch:

Yep, that would probably do it all right.
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 2,927 Senior Member
    early wrote: »
    I think even an old Swede would be envious.

:agree:
    and yes I am!
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    rberglof wrote: »
    :agree:
    and yes I am!

I love all Ruger Rifles. I would especially love one in that chambering. I've had two different older Model 77s in three chamberings. First I had a .308 Win. Varminter, then I bought my present one which was chambered in .30-06. 2 years ago I had it rebarreled and chambered in 9.3 x 62. I wish I had my old .308 back. It was a sweet shooter. But the way I look at it I have the beginnings of a classic Ruger collection. Now if I had one chambered in the Swede I'd really be on a roll.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 7,370 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Ask her how many of her shoes have appreciated in value over the last 10 years. That should get you :punch:
    Gee wiz, don't say that! She might get the bright idea that guns have resale value!!!! I bet she is already calculating the shoe to rifle exchange rate.
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.