Home Main Category Hunting

Not a trophy but a heck of a shot...

JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior MemberPosts: 6,577 Senior Member
Estimated 150 yards and about 40 feet up a pine tree. My backdrop was about 10 miles of nothing. So in sat down with the shooting sticks and...

IMG_8007.jpg

Headshot. 17HMR with the CCI A17 ammo. Did the trick.

As I said not a trophy, but not a bad shot. And one less crown to kill a hatchling turkey.
“There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers

Replies

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 25,146 Senior Member
    That far it is a real trophy
  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    Gonna have ta start calling you ol' dead-eye.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Hitting something half the size of a golf ball at that distance is considerably better than MOA, or dam lucky! Either way, good shot!
    :applause:
    Jerry
  • HAWKENHAWKEN Senior Member Posts: 1,720 Senior Member
    Good job Jason, nice shot.........robin
    I don't often talk to people that voted for Obama, but when I do I order large fries!
    Life member of the American Legion, the VFW, the NRA and the Masonic Lodge, retired LEO
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    JasonMPD wrote: »
    Estimated 150 yards and about 40 feet up a pine tree. My backdrop was about 10 miles of nothing. So in sat down with the shooting sticks and...

IMG_8007.jpg

Headshot. 17HMR with the CCI A17 ammo. Did the trick.

As I said not a trophy, but not a bad shot. And one less crown to kill a hatchling turkey.

Now, Open a cat food factory, in other words MORE! MORE! MORE!

:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    Actually, there was a crow squawking about on the sendero this morning about 300 yards towards the entrance. I had my 8x57 Sporter and was tempted. It's pretty accurate, but I let him walk in anticipation of a deer. If I'd only known how may deer I was about to see, I think I woulda tried him and a coyote that came out earlier. I don't know if I coulda pulled that shot off at 300 + yards but I was in the mood to try, had I not been in such a mood to kill deer.

Note*

I have another story for the forum about something that I saw yesterday evening, but I don't want tell it right now. I've got a couple errands to run first. I'll tell it later when I get back home. It sounds like a stretch but it happened. I"ll do it in another thread.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,577 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »
    Now, Open a cat food factory, in other words MORE! MORE! MORE!

:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

We stumbled upon the spot and it's crow heaven. Well...fixin' to be crow hell. :devil:
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
    Teach wrote: »
    Hitting something half the size of a golf ball at that distance is considerably better than MOA, or dam lucky! Either way, good shot!
    :applause:
    Jerry

I'll take a 50/50 mix of both anyday.
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 27,554 Senior Member
    Nice shot!

Only shot 1 crow in my life. It was from my bedroom, out the window, about 150 yards into t3e back pasture, with a Contender pistol in .223 Remington...........years ago.
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
    Zee wrote: »
    Nice shot!

Only shot 1 crow in my life. It was from my bedroom, out the window, about 150 yards into t3e back pasture, with a Contender pistol in .223 Remington...........years ago.

Shoot s'more. Great target practice.
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 8,155 Senior Member
    I'd say that's a pretty damned impressive shot. The crow *definitely* looks impressed!
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • bellcatbellcat Senior Member Posts: 2,040 Senior Member
    I'd go full body mount!
    "Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." Mark Twain