Casey Anthony

2»

Replies

• MileHighShooterMileHighShooter Senior Member Posts: 4,768 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    Where I think the prosecution failed is that there was no direct evidence, circumstantially or otherwise, presented that proved 'beyond reasonable doubt' that Casey killed her daughter. There was plenty of evidence from Casey's parents home(unique duct tape and the cloth bag from a two bag set) that would point to someone in the family being responsible for the death of the child, and the disposal of the body, but no evidence that proved WHO did it and HOW, even circumstantially. The prosecution failed present a case that got from point A to point B with solid facts.

I agree here, someone in that family knows exactly what happened. I still think George had a hand in this, and as a former cop he knew how to play the court and the investigation correctly. The duct tape...that was a weird one. They proved it was unique and matched the roll found in the house, but how were they not able to obtain any DNA on it? I just don't buy that Casey was bright enough to wear gloves or use ammonia to wipe away prints and DNA. George on the other hand.....
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Once again, please refrain from cutting short any baseless totally emotional arguments with facts. It leads to boring, completely objective conversations well beyond the comprehension ability of many.
  • mythaeusmythaeus Senior Member Posts: 831 Senior Member
    And many an innocent man has been sent away for years, life, or been put to death to later be proven innocent by new technology or new evidence/testimony come to light. In cases like this, the State attorneys get such a big head they put on the blinders and can only look down VERY narrow tunnel vision. The TV will tell the rest of us how to think, and by what I see online around the country today, TV works wonders.

Bull headed attorneys with agendas and the media have more then once put innocent people in jail. 2 people who had never met before in their lives, were jailed for 15 years for crimes against children they didn't commit. ALL the evidence proved them innocent, but police and DA's supressed evidence, badgered children into confessing, gave them scripted "testimony" all so they could make names for themselves in the public eye. Even after a 2nd appeals judge found ALL the evidence to prove them innocent beyond doubt and freed them, the original prosecutors said no way, they HAD to be guilty because they knew "in their heart"

Emotion, gut instincts, feelings have absolutely no little tiny bit what so EVER, any business in a court of law. Facts, proof, solid evidence, period.

You nailed this right on the head with both replies to this thread.

:beer: / Al
    "In a controversy, the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth and have begun striving for ourselves." - Siddhartha Gautama
  • alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 8,743 Senior Member
    I couldn't care less about this case or any other case that Nancy Grace decides to wrap her tenticles around (see Natalee Holloway). It seems that there is a certain segment of the population that continuously needs a "trial of the century" to fixate on and Nancy seems to pick one at random (not completely, it needs to involve a pretty white girl either as victim or defendant) and serve it to them on a silver platter.
    She then convicts the defendant in the court of public opinion well before the trial with her non-stop badgering in her self righteous tone.

As much as I believe that Casey is a despicable human being and probably guilty of at least negligent homicide, I couldn't help but smile seeing the look on Nancy Grace's face this morning on GMA :rotflmao:
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
    Nancy's next guilty until proven innocent trial is supposed to be Michael Jackson's doctor who goes on trial soon
    Once again, please refrain from cutting short any baseless totally emotional arguments with facts. It leads to boring, completely objective conversations well beyond the comprehension ability of many.
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,148 Senior Member
    How about the failure of the police to find the body, after it was reported by Ray Kronk...5 months earlier? The cop was eventually fired. DNA might have been salvaged, if the cops did their job.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • BullgatorBullgator Member Posts: 393 Member
    NCFUBAR wrote: »
    Baez poked just enough holes to get her off.

....must.....not.....respond.....
  • alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 8,743 Senior Member
    Bullgator wrote: »
    ....must.....not.....respond.....

looks like someone just found a new sig line:jester:
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
    looks like someone just found a new sig line:jester:

as a matter of fact....
    dang, isn't working
    never mind!
  • mosseybuckmosseybuck Member Posts: 460 Member
    I fully believe that she is responsible for the death of her daughter. And I know beyond any reasonable doubt that she is a sorry excuse for a human being and should be executed for her gross negligence, if nothing else. But the state never proved she did it, and for that reason only, she goes free. Karma will make her pay.
    USMC '59-'65, NRA Lifer, Tennessee Squire
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,106 Senior Member
    She gets out of jail next Wed. Sentence was time served + 6 days to finish her original sentence for check fraud. People are lining up with the lawsuits against her already. Don't know why they'd bother; can't get blood out of a turnip.
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

tennmike wrote: »
    People are lining up with the lawsuits against her already. Don't know why they'd bother; can't get blood out of a turnip.
    She might be cashing in with offers for her "story."
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    This is Amy Fisher take II.
    The Amy Fisher of Long Island, NY.....who shot her boyfriends wife in the face, and did 5 or 6 years in jail for it?
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
  • farm boyfarm boy Senior Member Posts: 987 Senior Member
    $5 says she's doing "adult" movies within 18 months.

I think you're right. About the best we can hope for now is that she gets the leading role in a snuff film.
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,859 Senior Member
    I originally posted this on my FB page...

In the 3 years since the death of Kaylee Anthony, there have literally been hundreds of other children die in this country, some at the hands of their parents.

Why no outrage for them?

Just because the trial of her suspected killer drew national attention doesn't make Kaylee's death more tragic then all the other children killed before or since.
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• bruchibruchi Senior Member Posts: 2,582 Senior Member
    One big case going nowhere here, few others where "children are allegedly" murdered by their parents, raped too, on the big case that the media has adopted as cover fodder for months mom thinks is "fashion show" every time she has a photo op, usually coming out of court, dad kinda does the same thing, it is like they will take any kind of attention as their 15 minutes of fame...

My question is why this "parents" always have this eerie proud smile when they are in public, I mean even if they where innocent, the reason they are pointing cameras at them is because they have lost children to violence?
    If this post is non welcomed, I can always give you a recipe for making "tostones".