Home Main Category Hunting

Damn I thought I took that carcass down a long time ago.....

twatwa Senior MemberPosts: 2,245 Senior Member
Considering the longest I ever have a deer hanging in my front yard is about 2 hrs. max, they must have had some pretty good timing for their "property tour". Don't the realize I have to hunt for food because I can't afford my home owners dues? I have to come up with a good response for this one.....

5BAEB2AD-3A4B-4731-B9F2-9DFBD9C5DA01.jpg

Replies

• ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 27,559 Senior Member
    Now THAT.........is funny.
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 27,559 Senior Member
    I couldn't live in a place like that. I'd be arrested.
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member
    Wonder how this would go over?

image_2.jpeg
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 8,155 Senior Member
    Next time you shoot a deer, hang it facing the opposite direction. When they inevitably write to complain again, tell them that you were just trying to be courteous and hang it with the open cavity facing away from the street, and that you thought that this was a more than adequate compromise.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    A closed garage door and a tarp on the floor should keep the covenant nazis comfortably ignorant.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Next time you shoot a turkey- - - - - -

$_35.JPG

:jester:
    Jerry
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,244 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    This.
    Yep.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    If my neighbor said anthing I have pictures of them too hanging deer and hogs.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,244 Senior Member
    I got huge authority issues. If someone told me what I can and can't do on my property, I would not react kindly.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 8,365 Senior Member
    I am surprised that they even let you have guns.

Write back to them and say that it wasn't a deer it was a reindeer. You heard a crash in the middle of the night, looked out into the darkness and saw a sleigh tangled up in your tree. When you had a closer look in the morning, you saw the reindeer hanging....................Closer inspection revealed that Santa must have been flying too low, one of the reindeer had hit a branch which disembowelled it and it ended up hanging by its reins.

Complain back to them for allowing low flying over the area..............
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 14,288 Senior Member
    Dude. You so need to do this.

+1
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 6,083 Senior Member
    Better you than me. I would be nailing deer skulls to every tree after that letter.
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 18,141 Senior Member
    Let 'er hang....tell 'em it's a bird feeder for buzzards....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 7,996 Senior Member
    Zee wrote: »
    I couldn't live in a place like that. I'd be arrested.
    +2

and people asked my why I wanted a big piece of property.........

Mine would look something like this..

To whom it may concern,
    Noxious is defined as "harmful, poisonous, or very unpleasant: " a deer carcass isnt any one of those and it wasnt cooling as long as it takes to cut the grass so not long enough to be an annoyance or nuisance to anyone of reasonable intelligence. Offensive is subjective and can be any thing to any one at anytime. However, seeing as the carcass was hung as per regular and time tested methods and is considered regular procedure during legal deer season, it is a normal, customary and regular activity in this part of the world.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • Murphy's LawMurphy's Law Member Posts: 313 Member
    I prefer my property where I can whip it out on the lawn, take a piss, and look up at the stars and contemplate at our place in the Universe.
  • Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 6,083 Senior Member
    I prefer my property where I can whip it out on the lawn, take a piss, and look up at the stars and contemplate at our place in the Universe.

You can do that on ANY lawn. There is just a much better chance of going to jail on some lawns.

Just like every truck is a food truck to a cannibal.
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
    I prefer my property where I can whip it out on the lawn- - - - -etc.

Redneck Olympics- - - - -scored for height and distance of the stream, and extra points if you can write your name in the snow!
    Jerry
    Teach wrote: »
    Redneck Olympics- - - - -scored for height and distance of the stream, and extra points if you can write your name in the snow!
    Jerry
    Bill Clinton did the name in the snow thing when he was President ... BUT it was in Monica's handwriting.
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • Murphy's LawMurphy's Law Member Posts: 313 Member
    Teach wrote: »
    Jerry

Everything but dotting the "i". Ha-ha!
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 9,391 Senior Member
    Dear Nilla,

I am glad that you bring up Section 2, Paragraph R, as I find my neighbor's obvious lack of balls to be a severe annoyance. Please refer the party that contacted you to one of the names on the enclosed list of licensed hormone therapists, and inform them that I require proof within 90 days that they have managed to grow a pair, or I shall take my grievance to court. Any sightings on my part of Birkenstock footwear, sweater-vests, or Arbor Mist bottles 21 days after the postmarked date of this writing shall be taken as failure to comply with this request and will be seen as grounds for me to file suit immediately.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • 104RFAST104RFAST Senior Member Posts: 1,281 Senior Member
    "property tour" says it all.I once lived in one of those neighborhoods with HOA, never again.Thats not the way we did it "UP NORTH"
    Everything but dotting the "i". Ha-ha!

Dot the "I" with tobacco juice!
    Jerry
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,721 Senior Member
    Well we have the E-Mail address we could bombard the sight with these insightful thoughts.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,577 Senior Member
    Homeowners Association, noun: a collection of appointed or proxy-elected ingrates who discover an outlet to exert passive aggressive politics onto residents of close-knit communities due to an oft realized desire to be oppressive and exert juvenile bully revenge on good people.

I'd wipe my rear with those "Covenants" and stick it to the HOA office door.
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
    Umm, you're insane.
    Given the choice of 20-30 acres where I could easily piss off my front porch without being called in on by the nosey neighbor lady who runs the HOA.... Or.... Living in the place where porch pissing is frowned upon.....I'll take my chances in the woods.
    The security of living in a pen isn't a top priority for me. But some people have said I'm an ass, and anti-social, so there's that.

+1

If I have 30 acres it darn sure ain't gonna be near any land a CVS investor would drool over....zero vehicle traffic and all...

Most HOA communities around here are about 200-300 acres in size and they are surrounded by suburban and urban sprawl. It's not a nice place to live. I see them as little Israels surrounded by urban Irans.
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
    I have one neighbor who might be able to see what I'm up to, if he was interested in looking, which, thankfully, he usually isn't. That suits both of us just fine. We're there for each other (or the guy 5 miles down the road) if and when it's needed. Breathing that rarefied air behind some sort of fancy gate is fine, until a thunderstorm happens by. Then the residents might want to be careful they don't drown.
    Jerry
    Yours is a little more than ... yours is more town ordinances since they incorporated back in 2005 ... not many HOAs have their own fire department :jester:. Where you are is more a summer home or beach life residence town. If I didn't have to worry about my kid's college I'd still have my Trailwood across from Gauntlet 12th ... or even better one of the condos where I could just do nothing down there. As to land, you are right about available land like up 211 towards Waccamaw but where you are right now was just that way when my family first started going Southport when I was in college. If my dad had only know what land was going to do down there I'd be rich now.
    - George Orwell
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    That may be a good life for some, and I respect that, however, it is not the life for me, I would prefer 100 acres and neighbors like me that mind their own business, not saying don't come visiting, it's the meddling I object to, not into nanny style intrusions, as the old proverb says: "allow not the camel to stick his nose in your tent, for the body is sure and soon to follow."

Which is how and why we now have so much "REASONABLE" gun control !
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
    The brush Aint broad. I don't need to experience living in a gated community. I KNOW I wouldn't like it. It's pretty simple actually, if I have neighbors, I don't like it.

This.

I have neighbors in a beach community right now. We got a crazy "family" price on rent so in the short term it would have been financially **** not to live here.

But....the people....ugh....
    PLUS, gated community are often full of social cannibals. Everything is good until they miss two games of gin rummy and one of them goes full patient zero and infects everyone.

A gated community is the LAST place I want to be in a natural disaster. It's be like 1940s German Jews turning over other Jews to save the firing squad when the chips are down.

Broad brush applied...but th at how they ALL are in the city I work.