Home Main Category General Firearms

Perfecta ammo

rberglofrberglof Posts: 2,998 Senior Member
Our Wall Mart has started carrying Perfecta ammo made in Italy, was wondering if anyone has tried this ammo and if so what is your opinion of it.

Replies

• olesniperolesniper Posts: 3,767 Senior Member
    I bought a box of 9mm but haven't fired any, yet.
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
    I will fear no evil: For I carry a .308 and not a .270
  • North ForestNorth Forest Posts: 358 Member
    I have used it in .45 ACP, 9mm, and .380 without any issues. Seems pretty good for the price, and surprising since I'm usually not very impressed with Italian products.
  • JKPJKP Posts: 2,767 Senior Member
    It works but it is dirty.
  • RugerFanRugerFan Posts: 2,865 Senior Member
    I have 2 boxes of 9MM I haven't tried yet. Clerk at Wal-Mart said it was "dirty".
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Posts: 6,583 Senior Member
    rberglof wrote: »
    Our Wall Mart has started carrying Perfecta ammo made in Italy, was wondering if anyone has tried this ammo and if so what is your opinion of it.

I've shot SP rifle ammo in 223, 243 and 308. The 308 150gr SP hunting ammo shot very well in my Ruger Gunsite Scout rifle. Adequate in the others (1.5"@100).

It's bargain branded Fiocci. Their "mil spec" 5.56 shoots like garbage, so.....it shoots like mil spec 5.56. Ha.

For reloading the brass is "meh". European 4.4mm primer pockets, so buy S&B 4.4mm LR primers for best fit. American LR primers would have mixed fitment.
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • bobbyrlf3bobbyrlf3 Posts: 2,614 Senior Member
    I've used the .45acp with no issues. Didn't run as dirty as Magtech.
    Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.
  • zorbazorba Posts: 25,279 Senior Member
    I'm another who's bought 2 boxes of 9mm, haven't shot it yet. I haven't heard anything bad about it though...
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • rberglofrberglof Posts: 2,998 Senior Member
    Thanks all for the info, may have to try some.
  • bellcatbellcat Posts: 2,040 Senior Member
    I've shot several boxes through my 1911 and it seems to work fine.
    "Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." Mark Twain
  • rberglofrberglof Posts: 2,998 Senior Member
    Thank you bellcat, I picked up a couple boxes of each 38, 357 and 45acp.